Register Control Panel Search FAQ/Help/Guide Memberlist Forum Calendar The Stranger Things Store Home Stranger Things Home

Go Back   Stranger Things Forum > Special Presentations > Long Live The Queen: A Cordelia Chase Tribute

Old 02-18-2004, 09:15 PM   #16
Izzychase
Canuck For Life!

I too, loved The Ring, and thought it was a great ep for C/W/A.

I also loved TSILA, where they were both brainstorming on how to make Angel's life more meaningful. And who could not love the two of them fighting over the last donut?

The B/A spoof was classic, with Cordy's melodramatic "I'm a slayer and you're a vampire" line to Wes' "I love you so much I forgot to brood!" line. Overall funness all around.

Iz.
Faith In Faith #001
~Still Missing Doyle~
Doyle and Cordelia: Heroes to the very end.
Proud Cordelia/Angel, Giles/Jenny, Wesley/Faith, Dawn/Connor, and Lindsey/Lilah shipper
Izzychase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2004, 06:29 PM   #17
LadyJubilee

Wes: "Am I very boring on the subject?"

Cordy smiles: "You know, there was a time when you thought I was the loveliest thing in the world."

Wes: "Well, I... You're an extraordinary woman. I..."

Cordy: "At ease, soldier. Just like to hear it every now and then. I was the ditziest bitch in Sunnydale, could have had any man I wanted. Now I'm all superhero-y and the best action I can get is an invisible ghost who's good with the Loohfah."

WiTW
LadyJubilee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2004, 01:19 PM   #18
rousedower
cancelled

Quote:
Originally posted by Lizzy
Wes/Cordy is the best brother-sister relationship ever. I never saw the sexual tension/chemistry between them, though some people did.
There was never sexual tension between them, and heck I'll even admit there wasn't any between C/A (til later on). There was chemistry though but not in the romantic sense. I didn't see them as bro/sister, I always kinda thought that Wes was the "girlfriend" Cordy never had. And I don't mean that as an insult. They were a funny pair, I just didn't like when they were too slapstick.
Stake Darla #13
Greenie Groupie #13
rousedower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2004, 01:55 PM   #19
williamthebloody
Rest in peace Queen C

I was watching an ep of Angel season 3 and was surprised to hear Queen C tell Fred she wasn't going to find out why Wes took off with Connor nor was she interested in anyone's feelings other than Angel's.that was surprising, does anyone have thoughts on this?
Old 03-30-2004, 03:17 PM   #20
rousedower
cancelled

Quote:
Originally posted by williamthebloody
I was watching an ep of Angel season 3 and was surprised to hear Queen C tell Fred she wasn't going to find out why Wes took off with Connor nor was she interested in anyone's feelings other than Angel's.that was surprising, does anyone have thoughts on this?
That was "The Price". Some people were upset about this and thought it was OOC for her, others thought it was completely in line with Cordy's history of not forgiving so easily. She was pissed at Wes, and rightfully so. At this point, it was kind of established that Angel/Cordy/Connor were a little family, so it didn't surprise me that her priorities were with them. They were the ones who were most "betrayed" and "hurt" by Wesley's actions.
Stake Darla #13
Greenie Groupie #13

Last edited by rousedower; 03-30-2004 at 03:23 PM.
Old 03-30-2004, 03:36 PM   #21
williamthebloody
Rest in peace Queen C

well yeah it's just that since C&W have been friends for so long that she would go to him and find out why at the very least.
Old 03-30-2004, 03:53 PM   #22
rousedower
cancelled

Quote:
Originally posted by williamthebloody
well yeah it's just that since C&W have been friends for so long that she would go to him and find out why at the very least.
Maybe, but she didn't go to Angel and find out why he fired them in S2 either. So, Wes wasn't the first.
Stake Darla #13
Greenie Groupie #13
Old 03-31-2004, 12:51 AM   #23
Angelia

I do think it was completely in line with Cordy's history of not forgiving so easily but I also think that eventually she would have gone to see him. What we also have to remember is that the last 5 episodes of the season, from the time she showed up in Double or Nothing to find Connor gone through Tomorrow, not alot of time had passed.

Double or Nothing took place in a couple of days. When The Price starts as they're cleaning Angel's room Angel mentions something about work and Fred mentions something about not having had a call in over a week. It looks like the most time has lapsed is in between Double or Nothing and The Price. It looks like The Price takes place in a 24-hour period. A New World starts right where The Price left off. Connor's gone for a day before Angel finds him that night. Angel gets shot at the end of A New World and Benediction starts with him limping into the lobby so once again one episode starts where the last left off. Benediction takes place over 2 or 3 days at most. It ends with Connor thinking Angel killed Holtz. Tomorrow picks up where Benediction ended. Connor and Justine bury Holtz and Connor shows up later that night at the Hyperion. Angel gives him the letter from Holtz and Connor agrees to stay with Angel. We see almost the entire next day with Angel training Connor, everyone going to the drive-in and Angel and Cordy agreeing to meet at Point Dume so it looks like Tomorrow takes place in a 24-hour period as well. So we have 2 days for Double or Nothing, a week and a half to 2 weeks between Double or Nothing and The Price. 1 day for The Price, 1 day for A New World, let's say 3 days for Benediction and 1 day for Tomorrow. That adds up to about 3 weeks which to me is not a whole lot of time. I think once a little more time had passed she would have gone to see Wes. While she may not have forgiven him, at least not right away, I do think she would have at least gone to hear his side of the story and to ask him why the hell he didn't call her.

I love you not only for what you are, but for what I am when I am with you. I love you not only for what you have made of yourself, but for what you are making of me. I love you for the part of me that you bring out. ~ Elizabeth Barrett Browning
Angelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2004, 01:07 AM   #24
rousedower
cancelled

And I think it was kind of clear that she herself was feeling guilty for not being there when all this stuff went down. She thought that if she had been there then maybe it never would've happened, which Angel flat out told her that it wouldn't have made a difference. She was upset that no one called her to let her know what was going on. Maybe her own guilt is what kept her from seeing Wesley. She was not only angry with him, but at herself as well.
Stake Darla #13
Greenie Groupie #13
Old 04-12-2004, 10:28 AM   #25
pilislayer

Yes, i´m with you guys. C/W have great chemistry, they´re like siblings all the time, fighting, messing with each other...
I love them!
pilislayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2004, 01:13 PM   #26
DeeDee
Foxy Lady

I really liked Cordelia & Wes bonding in The Ring. They were hilarious together.

Cordy & Wes mocking B & A in Fredless is funny as hell. Alexis & Charisma just cracked my shit all up with that one.

The Cute One
DeeDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2004, 03:33 PM   #27
Argent
Wanna play gladiators?

I thought Cordy's YW comment about Wes' 'best mojo in town' was a sweet moment between them.

She was dead, came back to try to put Angel on the right path but wanted to say sorry to Wes for what happened with Lilah & wanted to let him know how much she felt for him.
Old 06-14-2004, 12:57 PM   #28
rolandro

All good points and memories. I would add: S1 Cordy/Wes/Angel having breakfast, when Wes stays on and Cordy munches eggs. She's so adorable, and it's where she sort of welcomes Wes into the family.

Cordy making Wes a sandwich and telling him to eat in TSILA. It's here, I think, that Cordy has learned that Wes is a big part of Angel's life, and so by extension, hers. The deal is, with Wes she has someone who understands just how bizzare life with Angel is.

I LOVE the bit in Reprise, both the phonecall and later (was it on Epiphany) where Wes tells Angel she's changed? Both those bits. Did Wes love Cordy. Absolutely. Was it romantic? Well, Wes would never admit to it; like Gunn and Angel himself, he was more than a bit intimidated by her. Wes was an admirer. They were confidants. And Cordy? I think she saw Wes as a companion to relationship misery. A girlfriend. One that was way better than Harmony ever was.

As for S3 Cordy not forgiving Wes for kidnapping Connor -that is entirely within Cordy's classic psyche. Throughout her history, Cordy has been extremely rough on those who betray her: Xander, Angel, and then Wes. In fact, she was easiest on Wes - she just refused to see him. Plus, as was pointed out, she felt guilty for not being there AND the circumstances involved in her absence: she felt that she herself and betrayed Angel by being emotionally/sexually involved with someone else. Her take on Wes' motives for the kidnapping could be summed up: screw the prophesies. You know Angel. Trust him. He's good. Choose family and loyalty or hit the highway, Wes. Wes hit the highway.
rolandro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2004, 07:08 PM   #29
brownsbros3

I agree. She and Wesley became very close friends. To me they became more like brother and sister. They'd take verbal cheap shots at each other, but you could tell they weren't being mean, just doing it in jest. One of my favorites occurred during season two when Angel sniffed Wesley and says "You had sex with a blonde last night." Cordelia responds, "That's amazing." She then turns to Wesley and says, "I didn't think you ever had sex." I also liked that Wesley was with them in the hospital in "You're Welcome." Wesley, Cordelia, and Angel were the three most important characters in the show(ATS)'s history, and it was good to see them together one last time.
brownsbros3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2004, 09:40 PM   #30
Luna
The heart never dies

Quote:
I also liked that Wesley was with them in the hospital in "You're Welcome." Wesley, Cordelia, and Angel were the three most important characters in the show(ATS)'s history, and it was good to see them together one last time.
Yeah, that was so beautiful and now Cordy and Wesley are both dead.

It´s so sad!