Register Control Panel Search FAQ/Help/Guide Memberlist Forum Calendar The Stranger Things Store Home Stranger Things Home

Go Back   Stranger Things Forum > Special Presentations > Long Live The Queen: A Cordelia Chase Tribute

Old 05-27-2004, 11:52 AM   #61
XIVParis
Eighth Wonder

[quote=extraconfused]

Favorite flub

When DB slips in baby into the line, "Are you okay, baby
?"

Which ep, Please?

"Ultimately the bond of all companionship, wether in marriage or in friendly, is conversation" O.Wilde

"Neutrality helps the oppressor, Never the Victim." Elie Wiesel
XIVParis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2004, 12:11 PM   #62
Cata
... in her smile.

Heartthrob.

Love can be a terrible thing. - Wes.
I used to think that. I thought love was - something that swallowed you whole, ripped you up inside, but, you know, what I feel for Connor, even that fear... - Wes, it's - it's not terrible. (Sighs and looks down) It's beautiful. - Angel, "Loyalty".

Have to play to win. - Angel, "The House Always Wins".
Cata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2004, 11:06 AM   #63
CordyQueenBitca

Favorite C/A moment

I don't even know how I can choose just one cuz there are so many...These are not in any particular order.

1. I first realized that Cordy and Angel were a great idea when in Belonging he offered to rip that director's head off for insulting her.

2. In Dead End when he bought all that food so hee wouldn't have to ask her if she needed anything and she said "I love you". It was friendly, but that smile of his showed it meant more to him.

3. Going backwards to Expecting when he told the bartender that she was "family".

4. Of course in Offspring when she told him she loved him and he freaked out.

5. In "Billy" when Billy's cousin said that Cordy thought Angel was melodramatic...ever notice that Angel always cared about what Cordy thought of him

6. Nothing was better than when Angel bought Cordy those clothes in Disharmony just so she would talk to him again

7. This is not at all the end of the list but of course that final kiss in "You're Welcome"...I cried like a little b**ch.

Ok, I can't take it anymore...I'll have to get back to you on this (sniff) I need a moment...
Old 05-28-2004, 05:49 PM   #64
brownsbros3

In the episode Fredless, there are two C/A moments that I really liked.

The first is when Angel gets so excited when Cordy says its time to bandage his wounds.

The other is when she looks him in the eye, and says that she can soothe his ass off.
brownsbros3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2004, 11:09 AM   #65
brownsbros3

I watched Disharmony yesterday in syndication. It was fun to see her as the "new" Cordelia for much of the episode, only to revert back to the "old" Cordelia upon seeing all the new clothes Angel bought for her. I also chuckled at her remark about him having a "gay man's taste" in clothing.
Old 06-26-2004, 05:26 PM   #66
brownsbros3

I watched Episode #40 today in syndication. I thought it was sweet of Angel to bring all those different kind of sandwiches to Cordelia, because he couldn't remember what she liked. She then says, "I love you." If only she had meant it in a romantic sense, but hey it was a start.
Old 06-26-2004, 09:22 PM   #67
rolandro

Wasn't that on "Dead End"Lindsay's off ramp (#1)?

In context, it was part of Angel's 'carpet bombing' effort to win Cordelia totally back.

Both characters need each other. Cordy needed Angel to be her champion. Her feelings led her intellect, knowing before she did that the visions and Angel were connected. Angel was addicted to Cordelia like some people on this thread are addicted to extended cable. He just knew his universe was off-kilter without her. HIS FEELINGS: Guilt. Mostly over the visions. Keeping them, even when she knew by this point they were getting harder to overcome, was a kind of sacrifice Angel understood. He respected that kind of strength, and wanted to be close to it. Had to be. It wasn't romantic yet, because romantic love is more structured. In retrospect, by the end of this eppy, the gang all knew that the visions were destroying Cordy. They should've done something.

Question: Does anyone have the handle on what the final 4 episodes were originally supposed to be about? The Pylea arc was a departure - they were setting up something with these visions. That was for sure.l
rolandro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2004, 09:47 PM   #68
Penny Century
Rich girl, superhero

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolandro
Question: Does anyone have the handle on what the final 4 episodes were originally supposed to be about? The Pylea arc was a departure - they were setting up something with these visions. That was for sure.l
Something to do with Darla and Lindsey, although I'm not sure anything ever came out about what would've been the final arc other than that Pylea was tacked on at the last minute because the actors were unavailable. (Note to the file: This is what it looked like when that sort of thing happened, which is to say, a train wreck.)

At any rate, it seems unlikely that Cordy and indeed the rest of the Fang Gang would've been much more than background if that had been the case. Remember that with the single exception of "Untouched," they'd been playing the visions for laughs all season long, right up until "Dead End." That's the part that was tacked on, I believe -- although they made a fitful effort at exploring that storyline early in S3.
Old 06-27-2004, 10:25 AM   #69
LadyJubilee

I don't know....Maybe I'm giving ME too much credit, but I always thought the boardline flippant way the guys treated the visions added to feeling that Cordy struggling to cover up what was happening......and added to their protective/guilt feelings when they realized what was happening.
LadyJubilee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2004, 05:38 PM   #70
brownsbros3

In That Vision Thing, Angel knew by then that something was up, because he wouldn't leave until Cordelia came out of the bathroom, and proved that she was okay. Later in that episode, there is also that great scene were Cordelia explains that she thought if she didn't have the visions that Angel wouldn't need her around anymore. Angel then reassures Cordelia that even if she didn't have the visions, he'd still need her.
Old 06-30-2004, 06:53 PM   #71
rousedower
cancelled

They should have done something, but I think the reason they didn't make a big deal out of it was because Cordy didn't want them to make a big deal out of it.
Stake Darla #13
Greenie Groupie #13
rousedower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2004, 07:53 PM   #72
rolandro

Cordy was noble, but peculiar that way. She was deeply invested in her own purpose to the point of unreason - because, if B-Day was true and Cordy went to the extent that she hit up the Angel Investigations PPO Health Plan for not one, but an ongoing series of CAT scans that showed her brain was being destroyed, the question would become 'who will be Angel's PTB conduit once my brains blow out the back of my skull.' . . .(but not, I'm Cordy and I'm dying. I don't want to die, but don't save me, see, because I want to be your Lassie/car until death do I blow up) but you see? On Angel, everyone gets to own their very own stupid-decision character craft paper set.
rolandro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2004, 09:56 AM   #73
CordyAngelFan03
Long Live Cordy

Cordy/Angel was one of Fav couples of all time and my Fav eppy was when Angel realized that he had feelings for Cor when Fred kept mentoning Kyrumption but in Your Welcome was the Bittersweet episode for seeing Charisma again but knowing that she had to leave!! i kept hoping that she would come back again for the Finale!

CC Fan for Life
C/A forever

"Where there is Love there is Life."
-*Joyce Brothers*-

" Your Welcome." Cordy ('Your Welcome')

'I'm really strong if that helps." Angel("Ground State')
CordyAngelFan03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2004, 06:32 PM   #74
brownsbros3

Me too. While Angel was fighting Hamilton, I would have loved to have seen Cordelia make a surprise appearance and stake Harmony.
Old 05-10-2007, 06:46 AM   #75
Jaime Bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dannyblue View Post
If Angel gripping that axe handle in "Belonging" wasn't symbolic, I don't know what was.

Also, I think it's interesting how they showed Angel completely ignored another scantily clad (and, coincidentally, blond) woman just minutes before, but seeing Cordy in a swimsuit sent him all to pieces. And only he could make threatening to rip someone's head off sound sweet.

Finally, I've chosen a new "Proof that Angel was in love with Cordy by the End of Season Two" scene. I used to point to how startled but happy he sounded when he said, "You love me?" in TNPLPG. But, after seeing TLG again, I think the way he says to Wesley, "It's Cordy," tops that. Even more than his anger/panic/helplessness in the rest of that scene, those two quietly spoken words said it all.
I love that part when he says to Wes it's Cordy. He will do anything to get her back.

Reminds me of when he says I need you back in Season 1 Finale. I think Cangel slowly developed feelings for each other and if you watch you can see So many moments that show them both falling for each other.

I haven't even seen all the episodes of Seasons 1 and 2 but just reading scripts and the episodes I have seen it's obvious they were falling in love all along.
Jaime Bee is offline   Reply With Quote