Register Control Panel Search FAQ/Help/Guide Memberlist Forum Calendar The Stranger Things Store Home Stranger Things Home

Go Back   Stranger Things Forum > Special Presentations > Long Live The Queen: A Cordelia Chase Tribute

Old 03-09-2004, 11:30 PM   #46
Dannyblue
a.k.a. Danielle

If Angel gripping that axe handle in "Belonging" wasn't symbolic, I don't know what was.

Also, I think it's interesting how they showed Angel completely ignored another scantily clad (and, coincidentally, blond) woman just minutes before, but seeing Cordy in a swimsuit sent him all to pieces. And only he could make threatening to rip someone's head off sound sweet.

Finally, I've chosen a new "Proof that Angel was in love with Cordy by the End of Season Two" scene. I used to point to how startled but happy he sounded when he said, "You love me?" in TNPLPG. But, after seeing TLG again, I think the way he says to Wesley, "It's Cordy," tops that. Even more than his anger/panic/helplessness in the rest of that scene, those two quietly spoken words said it all.
Old 03-09-2004, 11:46 PM   #47
writingpathways
Rachel Elisabeth

Location: Real Life Locale: Somewhere in Connecticut. The truth: In my head. It's both scary and quite lovely there.
Quote:
Originally posted by Dannyblue
If Angel gripping that axe handle in "Belonging" wasn't symbolic, I don't know what was.
You can even hear how tightly he's squeezing that axe. It squeaks. I'm just saying...

Quote:
But, after seeing TLG again, I think the way he says to Wesley, "It's Cordy," tops that. Even more than his anger/panic/helplessness in the rest of that scene, those two quietly spoken words said it all.
I awwwed at the TV today when that happened. Yep. I'm a dork.

But really I think my favorite moments of Season 2 are truly, the end of Disharmony, his reactions in Belonging to the bikini and the director, and his reaction in Caritas when she's vanished.

and his 'I just got her back' always breaks my heart.
Old 03-10-2004, 01:42 AM   #48
Angelia

Quote:
Originally posted by AC4ever!
About the C/A moments... aren't you guys forgetting the moment in "Belonging", Season 2? It's when Angel went to visit Cordy on the set of her commercial. The first great thing about that scene is when Cordy takes off her robe and she stands there with her bikini only. LOL Angel kept looking at her like "OMFG She's hot!". Then, the director started bringing her down and Angel almost killed the guy:
I love that triple-take Angel gives Cordy when she takes the robe off. It's like he can't quite believe what he's seeing.

Quote:
Originally posted by AC4ever!
Director: "What's wrong? You don't speak English? The wardrobe. I need to *see* it. Lose the robe, princess."
Cordy stares at him for a moment and he snaps his fingers a few times.
I didn't notice this until the last time TNT ran 'Belonging', sometime in December I think, but check out the look on Angel's face as the director guy is snapping his fingers at Cordy.

The 'It's Cordy' and 'I just got her back' gets me every time. I love those beginning scenes of OTR. I gotta give DB props for bringing so much emotion to the C/A relationship that I don't think the writers intended simply by the way he reads a line or a facial expression. DB and CC had a natural chemistry that went above and beyond what was written on paper and gave us all those great C/A subtext moments that we love. I really hope to see them work together again at some point in the future.

I love you not only for what you are, but for what I am when I am with you. I love you not only for what you have made of yourself, but for what you are making of me. I love you for the part of me that you bring out. ~ Elizabeth Barrett Browning

Last edited by Angelia; 03-10-2004 at 03:18 AM.
Angelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2004, 02:40 AM   #49
filwdork

I never saw 'Angel' when it was on real time, I actually didn't start watching until this summer when I borrowed my friend's Season 1 DVDs for like a month and watched them a million times. The first few episodes I wanted Cordelia and Doyle together but my favorite C/A moments are in Room w/ a Vu.

He brings her the dorky cactus, which I just thought was new for Angel and his social skills.

Angel is the one that is all touchy/feely when dragging her from the apartment and telling her she's "better than that". And his whole forceful, "You're Cordelia Chase..." blah blah blah, which to me means that Angel knows more about her than she was the head of the Cordettes and cared a lot about shoes. From then on I was all about C/A.

Parting Gifts is another one of my favorite episodes for C/A. Especially when he saves her and she hugs him while still in game face. She's accepted that part of him and isn't afraid of it.

Most of my moments come from Season 1, just because I have them memorized more.

Anyways, that was a bit of babbling but it's late. Thought I'd add my two cents.

"who knows where thoughts come from, sometimes they just appear" -empire records
filwdork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2004, 08:17 AM   #50
Dannyblue
a.k.a. Danielle

Quote:
Originally posted by filwdork
The first few episodes I wanted Cordelia and Doyle together but my favorite C/A moments are in Room w/ a Vu.
On of mine is also from RWAV. It's the part where the ritual to cleanse the ghost isn't working, and Angel and Doyle decide to just give it up and get Cordy out of there. So they're all on their way to the door when the goons after Doyle for money kick it in and point guns at them. Now, Cordy's standing between Angel and Doyle, and could've gone towards either one. And, since they seemed to be trying to work towards a C/D 'ship, you'd have thought she'd grab Doyle. (Sort of her subconcious saying she liked him more than she let on.) But whose arm does she grab? Who does she cling to in that moment of panick? Who does she instinctively trust? Angel, of course.

I just love that.
Old 03-11-2004, 06:43 PM   #51
CAMartin
Oh! A bird!

Quote:
I just love that.
Me too. And dangit, you beat me to it. Heh.

We should seriously have a thread with pics of the best moments of the C/A ship. Both as friends and as...more. It makes more of a statement if i cry while looking at beautiful pictures of the two.

*sniff*
CAMartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2004, 09:44 PM   #52
AC4ever!

OMG! I thought I was the only one that had realized Cordy's move in that scene! I thought it was so amazing how Cordy chose to stand behind Angel and grab his arm instead of Doyle... it meant that she trusted him and knew that he would keep her safe NO MATTER WHAT. And notice how Angel covers her even more when she stands behind him... he covers her more like saying "Good idea.. stay back... I'll protect you.". I love that moment... the whole episode in fact!
AC4ever! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2004, 01:35 PM   #53
AngelBaby
BeingGoodIsSoOver-Rated

Ahh, this thread has definetly been a bittersweet stroll down memory lane.

Every single reply has reminded me of the love I had for this ship and what kept me watching the interaction between the two characters.

I can't think of a specific scene that hasn't already been mentioned, but I do recall becoming a C/A-er mid season two.

Another shipper actually hooked me through a piece of fanfic. I was just browsing through random fanfiction and I clicked on a site not knowing the ship behind it. I read a story and by the end I was intrigued by the possibility of this relationship. From then on I've stood by these two characters and the story that unfolded between them.

I must admit I honestly don't want to let it go because that was the first time I saw a relationship (though as strange as it was) on TV that was realy well done in my opinion. I have to agree though, I wish we could have seen more from Cordelia's POV. But I think we got the confirmation of that in "Your Welcome".

Granted I am a bit perturbed that it took so long to see that heartbreaking kiss between the two, and the end result left me slack jawed and pissed off. But that's TV for ya and that's what we have this beautiful board for.

Though this ship is now dead, we will always have Seasons 1-3 to console us (I'm blocking out season 4 and anything from then on with of course the exception of Your Welcome<~~~You know, without the whole dying aspect in the ending )

You know how they have those bumper stickers that say, 'Shit happens and then you die'? They should have it where it says, 'Shit happens and then you live!' Because that's the truth of it - Anna Nicole Smith

You have to struggle no matter where you are to get where you're going. - Michelle Rodriguez

Don't you know a man being rich is like a girl being pretty? You might not marry a girl because she's pretty, but my goodness doesn't it help?
-Marilyn Monroe "Gentlemen Prefer Blondes"
AngelBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2004, 02:12 PM   #54
rolandro

Quote:
Originally posted by filwdork
I never saw 'Angel' when it was on real time, I actually didn't start watching until this summer when I borrowed my friend's Season 1 DVDs for like a month and watched them a million times. The first few episodes I wanted Cordelia and Doyle together but my favorite C/A moments are in Room w/ a Vu.

He brings her the dorky cactus, which I just thought was new for Angel and his social skills.

Angel is the one that is all touchy/feely when dragging her from the apartment and telling her she's "better than that". And his whole forceful, "You're Cordelia Chase..." blah blah blah, which to me means that Angel knows more about her than she was the head of the Cordettes and cared a lot about shoes. From then on I was all about C/A.

Parting Gifts is another one of my favorite episodes for C/A. Especially when he saves her and she hugs him while still in game face. She's accepted that part of him and isn't afraid of it.

Most of my moments come from Season 1, just because I have them memorized more.

Anyways, that was a bit of babbling but it's late. Thought I'd add my two cents.

With the exception of picking up most of S4 through reruns (and dying to figure out what i was watching). . . I was actually watching BUFFY last summer, until the end of S3 of THAT. . . and then Angel, S1 and S2 and S3 on Sundays in the fall. S4 is back in reruns and I've pretty much caught up with everything. I feel truly powerful now.

I read LOTR out of order all the time. Hated Mordor. Hate. Tid. Dit.

Thanks for S1 reminders. I watched them over and over, too. RWaVU, where Angel figures out she's looking for redemption as well - perhaps the first time Angel's ever looked at her as a moral person with a conscience. "You're CORDELIA CHASE!" where not only is Angel irritated at her cowardice, he's baffled by it. Cordelia? Blubbering? So WRONG!

Hero. Cordy is renting/driving the truck, organizing the people, negotiating with the Captain, basically holding up a huge amount of responsibility for someone who is supposedly unable to file or type. I loved that implicit understanding of teamwork early on. Even though it was mostly Doyle Cordy show, I always thought it was one of the first episodes(pre vision) where you see her taking the mission seriously, for her own reasons. I mention this because we see Cordy becoming, for lack of a better word: worthy. Worthy of affection.

Still, my favorites from S1 are breakfast at the end of 'Parting Gifts' eating eggs and inviting Wes to join. The first of the little family. Angel cooking for her is *so* an act of gratitude and a sign of affection. I could see her yammering on for hours, Angel taking in, (he gets hooked on her sense of humor) like television in the background, before she goes home. TSILA bed side, all of it. The Look At Angel when she awakens.
rolandro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2004, 12:35 AM   #55
extraconfused

Smile

I've compiled a list of favorites. The...Golden Globes, if you will. Of my preferred C/A moments.

Favorite Cordelia line

City of... - "You have no idea who he is do you? Boy, are you gonna get your ass kicked!"

Favorite Angel line

That Vision Thing - "Never come at me through Cordelia again. You play that hand a second time and I will kill you."

Favorite running theme

All the "kissy" episodes.

Favorite family moment

When Mama(Cordy), Dada(Angel) and son(Connor) fell asleep. Together.

Favorite pre-Angel moment

Oh, heck. I give up. I like them all the same.

Favorite psyche-out moment

When Cordelia fools Angelus with bottled 'Holy' water.

Favorite flub

When DB slips in baby into the line, "Are you okay, baby?"

Favorite 'stand-up' moment

Angel threatens to rip-off the director's head for treating Cordelia with disrespect.
extraconfused is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2004, 03:14 PM   #56
Angel_Dreamer28

Wait, the "baby" line wasn't in the script? *whoops* Can we say "the actors see it, why can't B/A shippers?" lol
Old 04-06-2004, 12:39 AM   #57
LaLa247
Wooo!

A WITW moment that still makes me giggle:

Quote:
Angel: "You think they're not dead?"

Cordy: "You just looked really hot doing that."

Angel: "Oh."

Cordy: "Yeah."

Angel: "Run."
Charisma's Bitch #1

"Treat everyone the same until you find out they're an idiot." -- Lucy Lawless

President Bush DID have a sure fire plan to end the war in Iraq, However Chuck Norris was busy that day.
LaLa247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2004, 09:44 AM   #58
tojoson

my favorite WITW moment

when they're pawing at each other

cordy: open the door.

angel: kinda hard.

cordy: kinda noticed

then they get outside the door and cordy says something about being happy the effects don't last, and angel glances down, quickly removes his jacket and holds it in front of himself
Old 04-12-2004, 12:55 PM   #59
Cordy81
C/A Fan

Angel & Cordy

My favourite A/C moment... :

You're Welcome

CORDELIA
So...
(walks up to Angel)
you feel good?

ANGEL
I do. I just...I kind of feel bad about it.

CORDELIA
My God, you are a piece of work.

ANGEL
I just don't feel like I deserve...
(shrugs)
I mean, all I did was beat up a tiny Texan. It's not like I helped anyone.
(sits on the chair arm)

CORDELIA
Sure you did.

ANGEL
Who?

CORDELIA
Boy, I really do fall for the dumb ones. You know how you're always trying to save, oh, every single person in the world? Did it ever occur to you you were one of them?

ANGEL
No, it never did.

CORDELIA
Well, you made the list, gorgeous. And you needed some help.

ANGEL
And you were the one that helped me.

CORDELIA
I did my part.
(sits beside Angel)

ANGEL
Lindsey wasted a lot of energy trying to make me doubt myself. I know it's not even close to over, but I do feel like I can do this. Wolfram & Hart, whatever's coming, I feel like we can beat it.

CORDELIA
I know.

ANGEL
You do?

CORDELIA
I always did. I... I just needed you to know it, too.

ANGEL
So all that stuff about the deals with the devil...

CORDELIA
(nods)
Was God's honest truth.
(looks at Angel)
But you're bigger than that. You'll win this in the end.
(stands, steps away)
I, uh... just wish I could be there to see it.

ANGEL
What do you mean? You're not...
CORDELIA
(turns to face Angel)
I can't stay. This isn't me anymore. You can say good-bye to the gang for me, explain everything once you understand.

ANGEL
That's gonna be never.
(walks toward her)
I need you here.

CORDELIA
(with tears in her eyes)
Don't make it hard, Angel. I'm just on a different road... and this is my off-ramp. The Powers That Be owed me one, and I didn't waste it. I got my guy back on track.

ANGEL
Cordy, there's just—

CORDELIA
(touches his face)
We take what we can get, champ, and we do our best with it. I'll be seeing you.
(smiles through her tears, turns to walk out of the office)
(stops, turns around, walks quickly up to Angel)
Oh, what the hell. One for the road?
(kisses Angel, but moments later, the telephone rings)

ANGEL
You know, um... I don't...I don't need to get that.

CORDELIA
(tenderly straightens his tie)
That you have to get.
(Angel walks toward the phone)
Oh... and you're welcome.

ANGEL
(answers the phone)
Hello. Yes, I know. She's... but that's impossible. She's standing right—
(turns to look for Cordelia, but she's not there; he becomes visibly upset)
I'm sorry. Yeah.
(choking up)
When did she die? Did she, um... she never did wake up? I see.
(hangs up, looks out to where Cordelia was standing moments earlier)
Thank you.

Cordy81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2004, 07:15 PM   #60
brownsbros3

Well that was my favorite too. So I'll post my second favorite, Waiting in the Wings, Angel and Cordy making out in the ballerina's dressing room.
brownsbros3 is offline   Reply With Quote