Register Control Panel Search FAQ/Help/Guide Memberlist Forum Calendar The Stranger Things Store Home Stranger Things Home

Go Back   Stranger Things Forum > Special Presentations > Long Live The Queen: A Cordelia Chase Tribute

Old 02-05-2004, 07:54 AM   #16
Florrie
I want it all for me...

The easy comfort between them. It was a highlight of season 1 for me - I have fond memories of the 'new shoes' scene with Angel, Cordelia and Doyle in Sense and Sensitivity. The way she whacks him on the arm with whatever it was in her hand (a file?) and he looks after her with such a gorgeous, sappy look on his face.
Florrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2004, 07:54 AM   #17
mef2101
TiVoholic! Have pity.

For me, it wasn't so much a C/A moment, but a Cordy moment... actually a Cordy episode.

Season 2, she has visions that Gunn is in danger. Damn, I forget the ep name now.

She's alone, she knows Gunn needs help, and she cannot find Angel or Wes. She does the only she can think of... she goes herself to protect her new friend.

No special powers, no cowering in a room helplessly. This once selfish teenager is now risking her own life because she knows it is right.

I fell hard, or rather, even harder, for that character then. I saw how being with Angel and Doyle and Wes and then Gunn had made Cordy a better woman... and how she in turn made them better, too.

Right then, she became more than a snarky bit of comic relief. She was, in fact, the heart. She was the center of that family.

And I love her all over again.
mef2101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2004, 07:56 AM   #18
starlet2367
glitterati

There were so many, but three of my favorites:

Angel holding Cordy's hand in TSILA. "I want you back. I *need* you back."

The hug in Heartthrob. "He's back!" And Angel's smile--God, he was happy to see her.

When Angel saved Cordy from Darla in Offspring. His frantic motions, the way he called her name. For me, that's when the show ended because after that, despite my love for baby Connor, their relationship was shattered.

Kel
starlet2367 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2004, 08:05 AM   #19
rainy

The second to the last episode in season 3 (OMG I can't remember the title - how shameful) where Angel and Cordy have the conversation in the office - she calls him back to do "that thing we do. You know, I say "Angel, don't" and you ignore me and rush headlong into danger."

That scene has always been one of my favorite C/A moments. She's the only one who can do that - she's the only one that has done it for so long that it is actually a routine. The rest of the gang holds him accountable or questions him or tries to stop him on occassion but she constantly acts on behalf of him.
rainy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2004, 09:37 AM   #20
samluvsharrison
...or someone's in fun

2 words (and an exclamation point):

Patch jobs!
Charisma's Bitch #3.6|Shiny Happy Person #3.14159265|Fred Fanatic #Pi|Team Cordy™ #135
samluvsharrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2004, 09:42 AM   #21
LaLa247
Wooo!

Quote:
Originally posted by mef2101

Season 2, she has visions that Gunn is in danger. Damn, I forget the ep name now.
First Impressions!

Which is exactly what JAR and CC discussed (she on camera, he off camera) in this clip. Save target as, sweater monkeys.
Charisma's Bitch #1

"Treat everyone the same until you find out they're an idiot." -- Lucy Lawless

President Bush DID have a sure fire plan to end the war in Iraq, However Chuck Norris was busy that day.
LaLa247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2004, 11:44 AM   #22
Platypus
The Pointy End

A few more of my favorite C/A moments:

The excited way he grinned and scampered over to be treated by her at the end of "Fredless".

The fact that he didn't mind her drooling on him in "Waiting in the Wings", because, hey - physical contact!

The pleading way he wanted reassurance in "Belonging" about her not leaving him to become rich and famous.

Sigh. It's so sad to me now, because they really gave us so many moments to see that Angel had fallen for Cordy, but never gave us the same time to see how Cordy felt about Angel.

Tact is just not saying true stuff. I'll pass.
Platypus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2004, 01:50 PM   #23
Jezza

Heartthrob was an all-time great C/A episode - so much comfort between them. Especially when he called her 'baby' when she was having the vision. Such a tiny thing, but *Squee!*
"Charisma's return for this celebratory tale lifts David Fury's script and direction to something close to awesome. Queen C dominates the episode as as only yummy mummy Charisma can." BBCi on Your Welcome

"Don't shoot until you see the whites of their sepulchres." Kenneth Tynan
Jezza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2004, 03:55 PM   #24
Bertha Blue

I have so many-Dead End, Ephinany, TSILA and Heartthrob. But after seeing last night's epiosde-that last scene hands down was my favourite C/A moment because it was real and an acknowledgement from both parties how they felt about one another IJMHO.
Old 02-05-2004, 07:12 PM   #25
Callysto

Quote:
Originally posted by Platypus
It was the "real" of it, wasn't it? And that's why, after all of the hallucinated/ dream/ possessed/ astral" kisses, none of them stand out for me as the one time best moment.

Nope. For me, the Cordelia/Angel relationship was never more sweet, real, poignant, spiritual and just plain "how can anyone not love these two together" than at the end of "That Vision Thing." The two of them together, so comfortable with each other and yet so awkward because of the depth of their feelings for each other, and the realization of what those feelings meant. That both of them would cross any line, go to any lengths, and sacrifice anything for each other.

When Angel told Cordelia that she was important. Someone finally putting her first, above all else.

Cordy making waffles, even though Angel wasn't a "foodie". Because she never pretended he wasn't a vampire - but she always accepted it as a part of *what* he was, never treated him as though that changed *who* he was, and never stopped making him be *who* he was by interacting with the rest of the world.

The entire scope and breadth of the C/A relationship was on display in that one scene, and it was that one scene that made me love not only Cordy as a character, but also Angel, at that moment in time. And it was probably the only time that I began to feel that maybe, just maybe, Angel was good enough for her, even though she was always way beyond good enough for him.
What Platy Said

Jack: "Why is the rum gone?"

Elizabeth: "One: It is a despicable drink that turns even the most respectable men into complete scoundrels. And two: I've created a column of smoke that rises a thousand feet in the air. My father's ships will be combing the area. Do you think there is even a chance they won't see it?"

Jack: ".... but why is the rum gone?"

-PoC "The Curse of the Black Pearl"

Last edited by Callysto; 02-05-2004 at 07:36 PM.
Callysto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2004, 07:31 PM   #26
Bertha Blue

I have one and Cordy wasn't even there. It was in Forgiving and Fred wanted to call her in Mexico because Connor had been taken and Angel wouldn't let because he wanted to make everything all right again as she was coming back, with presents, for Connor. The heartbreak in his voice and the expression on his face when he said that...

And the whole are you still grr...? And good to see how you have grown always gets to me. And the way he protected her from Russel's men. And could you use me? When I think of that episode it amazes me just how far C/A had come from that episodes, both as characters and as a ship.
Old 02-05-2004, 07:46 PM   #27
Shorty Big
Getting nostalgic

First Impressions
Quote:
She's alone, she knows Gunn needs help, and she cannot find Angel or Wes. She does the only she can think of... she goes herself to protect her new friend.
You beat me to it mef2101. That scene was a turning point in my Cordy love. Something about the way she grabbed that crossbow and was saying to herself "I'm gonna die", but still jumped right to Gunn's rescue anyway. That's a hero in my book anyday!
Shorty Big is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2004, 04:46 AM   #28
arkady

Not sure if this has already been said and I can't be stuffed to go and reread all the posts. But in the S1 ep, which I can't remember again God my memory's a shocker, where Cordy, Angel and Wes go to a party at David Nabbitt's place and Cordy says the "Smell that" line about money. The fact that Angel knew that money did it for Cordy and that he'd teased her by hiding some around the office and gotten a kick out of watching her find it. That suggested to me that they were really getting to know each other and that Cordy was, unknowingly, releasing Angel's playful side.
arkady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2004, 05:22 AM   #29
broken harlequin
Back to my roots

The very first time I noticed C/A was in 'Dead End.' well *really* started to ship them...

he orders her food, she tells him she loves him and that massive, massive smile

My favourite C/A moment...

also for the angst, Benediction. where she rests her head on his shoulder and tells him how sorry she is... I heart that moment...

also in the Price "Angel is my priority."

Fabulous...

Good times people, that will never be forgotten

BTW- the header/banner in here is *gorgeous* I want to lick it...
Sorry, can I just say “Lilah” again? Lilah. Wherever she is, a huge part of the show’s former tension, humour and intrigue also resides. As has been said a million times over the last month, Eve isn’t fit to polish Lilah Morgan’s stilettos. I ask for Merlot and you give me Kool-Aid. ~ slayage.com

Siren Moved, revamped and with 66% more Lilah bite

Tears of a clown, baby

broken harlequin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2004, 03:04 PM   #30
Eureka

Rm W/A View has a couple of my favourite C/A scenes.

I love the scene when she arrives with all her bags and launches into the roach speech, ending up with her totally steamrolling Angel and snagging the bed - all without pausing for breath!

I also love the "you got peanut butter on the bed ... and what's a wet towel doing on my leather chair" scene. Doyle's reaction to that scene always makes me smile!
Eureka is offline   Reply With Quote