Register Control Panel Search FAQ/Help/Guide Memberlist Forum Calendar The Stranger Things Store Home Stranger Things Home

Go Back   Stranger Things Forum > Special Presentations > Long Live The Queen: A Cordelia Chase Tribute

Old 02-03-2004, 11:15 AM   #1
Penny Century
Rich girl, superhero

Golden Years: The Best of C/A

Last night they loved you,
Opening doors and pulling some strings, Angel.

-- David Bowie (from an idea by Rolandro)

And there really were some golden years. Here be the place to remember all your favorite C/A moments from every season. Whether you loved the friendship, the family, or the love story that might have been, post it here.

Please remember that this is not a venting forum. Let's stick to celebration and good clean (or dirty) fun. The admins reserve the right to edit and/or delete any post for any reason, so no namecalling? Puhleeeeeeeze?

Enjoy!

I'll stick with you, baby, for a thousand years,
Nothing's gonna touch you in these golden years...
Old 02-04-2004, 09:28 PM   #3
LaLa247
Wooo!

Charisma's Bitch #1

"Treat everyone the same until you find out they're an idiot." -- Lucy Lawless

President Bush DID have a sure fire plan to end the war in Iraq, However Chuck Norris was busy that day.
LaLa247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2004, 09:32 PM   #4
Cantinera
Miss StrangerThings 2003

Location: I don't know at the moment, so stop asking difficult questions.
I think Cordy and Angel had depths to their relationship that felt more real than anything else in the Cordyverse, and I really enjoyed that.

Last.fm: for the musically nosy.
Cantinera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2004, 09:37 PM   #5
Cordy's Bitch
Not amused

Nera's right. There was a weight of authenticity that no other relationship really had. It was more than a romance or a friendship...it was a knowledge of each other deeper than that held by any other character.
"Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair. Or fuckin' beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Till then you've got a lot more punishment in store. So stand it like a man, and give some back."
Cordy's Bitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2004, 09:37 PM   #6
Morrigan
Who Da Man?!

The best of C/A? Going sentimental here. I know people hate the arc but it was in Pylea that I actually realize that Angel loved Cordy and that this ship had a shot at sailing.

Sad as it is, it'll probably end up being one of those events that I always remember, like where I was when the Challenger exploded.

The look on Angel/DB's face with the "you love me?"
Old 02-04-2004, 09:49 PM   #7
Shirley
Kickin It Old School

Wow. That is such a tough one.

They had so many great moments through the years. I don't even know that I could pick a "favorite".

But up there? Definitly the end of tonights. I'm not divulging any details for all you spoiler-free out there who haven't seen yet.

I also love love love the end of "Provider," even though it wasn't the best episode. But every time I see them on that bed together it gets to me.

And OF COURSE the "I need you." in TSILA.

PIMPASS STALKER WHORE #716
Team Cordy #202
Fangirl-Squee[dot]net
My "Fandom" Live Journal
My "Real Life" Live Journal
Shirley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2004, 09:55 PM   #8
Platypus
The Pointy End

It was the "real" of it, wasn't it? And that's why, after all of the hallucinated/ dream/ possessed/ astral" kisses, none of them stand out for me as the one time best moment.

Nope. For me, the Cordelia/Angel relationship was never more sweet, real, poignant, spiritual and just plain "how can anyone not love these two together" than at the end of "That Vision Thing." The two of them together, so comfortable with each other and yet so awkward because of the depth of their feelings for each other, and the realization of what those feelings meant. That both of them would cross any line, go to any lengths, and sacrifice anything for each other.

When Angel told Cordelia that she was important. Someone finally putting her first, above all else.

Cordy making waffles, even though Angel wasn't a "foodie". Because she never pretended he wasn't a vampire - but she always accepted it as a part of *what* he was, never treated him as though that changed *who* he was, and never stopped making him be *who* he was by interacting with the rest of the world.

The entire scope and breadth of the C/A relationship was on display in that one scene, and it was that one scene that made me love not only Cordy as a character, but also Angel, at that moment in time. And it was probably the only time that I began to feel that maybe, just maybe, Angel was good enough for her, even though she was always way beyond good enough for him.

Tact is just not saying true stuff. I'll pass.

Last edited by Platypus; 02-04-2004 at 09:58 PM.
Platypus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2004, 10:02 PM   #9
LaLa247
Wooo!

Honestly, I would put tonight's kiss on the "Best Of" list. It was so emotional and *real*. They were cryin', man. And it was just so very real and I loved it.
Charisma's Bitch #1

"Treat everyone the same until you find out they're an idiot." -- Lucy Lawless

President Bush DID have a sure fire plan to end the war in Iraq, However Chuck Norris was busy that day.
LaLa247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2004, 10:05 PM   #10
Elisha
Classic

It has to be the underlying friendship the two share. I think what they share goes above and beyond just love, they have this connection that seems so pure and perfect. It’s particularly evident in TSILA Cordy going out to find the art stuff for him and trying to get him out of his dark shadows, let’s not forget the way Angel looks at Cordelia when she is in the vision coma.

With Buffy it was always just kissing and angst, with Angel and Cordelia, they both really shared there feelings with each other, we never see Angel break with anyone else but Cordelia.

Those moments of pure friendship acceptance and love are my favorite moments.

Team Cordy #813 -Loving Cordelia is not just our right but our responsibility.
Charisma's Bitch #3
Greenies Groupies #813

I am the surgeon of mean.

Elisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2004, 10:28 PM   #11
cordy_n_angel
Gunn and Harmony 4-Ever!

The moment Cordy leaned in and hugged Angel in the Season Three premiere and proclaimed "He's Back!" was when this C/A shipper was born. Tonight with the final "Thank You", I was put to rest.

I had always figured that sooner or later they would develop a realtionship since they were the male and female lead on AtS and I was so happy to see how comfortable and not-forced their first interactinos were in "Hearttrob". It felt natural and something I don't think I'd ever felt for a couple before on television. To put it frankly, I fell in love like never before.

I watched it through the sub-text and then through the hard times, hoping against hope that it would all pay off after "Tommorow". I waited with excitment all summer for Season Four and then frowned and dissaproved at what came forth.

My heart broke to see Angel witness Cordelia(or so he thought) betray him with his own son. I left the C/A fandom for awhile to cool down and then with "Awakening", I saw what could have been and I continued my love for this couple.

Once again, I hoped for the best during last summer. I believed in my couple, that perhaps they could get together and work things out. I was sadly dissapointed when she didn't return and all season I've waited for tonight.

Now it's here and now over. I'm not sad at all, which is the oddest thing, I'm happy for what was and that we got to see C/A end on a happy note, it was complete, the story has been told and I'm glad to have been along for the ride.

(I never thought I'd say this) Joss, thank you for creating these two wonderful characters and for thinking they could be together. Thank you David Greenwalt for furthering the relationship and believing in our couple. And last but certainly not least, thank you to David and Charisma, for without who, we'd never have seen what real chemistry could be like. Thank you!

~Nikki~
cordy_n_angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2004, 12:06 AM   #12
Cantinera
Miss StrangerThings 2003

Location: I don't know at the moment, so stop asking difficult questions.
Dude, I was over C/A, but I remember why I liked it.

Another thing about Cordelia and Angel that I have to mention. Angel make act like a total dumbass, hell, he is a dumbass, but he used to have Cordelia to call him on it. And he was better for that. It actually makes his dumbass streak rather endearing.

Last.fm: for the musically nosy.
Cantinera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2004, 05:00 AM   #13
Fatima
Our Girl

One my favourite C/A moments is when Penn comes back. At then end of the show when Cordy gave him a pep talk that is what made me a C/A'er. Judgement when she says 'I'll be with you' is also close second.

But with these two characters it was always about the strong bond and friendship. Am going to miss that.
Charisma's Bitch #9
Team Cordy™ Member #55
So Hard Gal #55 Supreme ruler
Nothing pains some people more than having to think.
~Martin Luther King Jr~
Fatima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2004, 06:52 AM   #14
arkady

Oh God, Angel making eggs for Cordy and Wes after the events of "Parting Gifts" (I think). How Cordy says that after a night of fighting Angel always does breakfast. That for me showed a degree of comfort between the two characters that I'd never seen before.
arkady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2004, 07:34 AM   #15
Annie

There are so many great C/A moments to choose for...but the friendship between them was the greatest!!!!
Annie is offline   Reply With Quote