Register Control Panel Search FAQ/Help/Guide Memberlist Forum Calendar The Stranger Things Store Home Stranger Things Home

Go Back   Stranger Things Forum > Special Presentations > Long Live The Queen: A Cordelia Chase Tribute

Old 02-03-2004, 11:12 AM   #1
Penny Century
Rich girl, superhero

In Between Days: The Best of C/X

Because I know the C/X fans are out there -- this thread's for you. Reminisce about those carefree high school days here.

Please remember that this is not a venting forum. Let's stick to celebration and good clean (or dirty) fun. The admins reserve the right to edit and/or delete any post for any reason, so no namecalling? Puhleeeeeeeze?

Enjoy!
Old 02-04-2004, 09:11 PM   #2
Freakface
Who's Your Daddy?!

My personal favorite.... the first kiss in Buffy's basement... gives hope to all dorkheads that we can hook up with Miss Popular...

I have looked at the darkness of the world, and all I see is the light of humanity - Unknown

Come check out my blog: http://freakfaceusacelebpics.blogspot.com/
Freakface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2004, 09:14 PM   #3
Morrigan
Who Da Man?!

The first kiss in Buffy's basement was great.

My next favorite part was at the end of BBB when Cordy calls HArmony a sheep and walks away with Xander. The look on Nicky's face was just so sweet. I loved C/X back in the day especially b/c you really got to see Cordy's heart.
Old 02-04-2004, 09:20 PM   #4
tojoson

the look on her face when she gave xander back his locket.

i think she really cared for him.
Old 02-04-2004, 09:24 PM   #5
KeyserSoze
local god

When she told him to "watch her back" in KBD. Heee!

The graveyard smoochies in "Anne" were great too, with the orchestra music in the background.

The S1 insult sessions were fab too.
KeyserSoze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2004, 09:25 PM   #6
LaLa247
Wooo!

The small kiss and hug in the hospital during "Becoming". Makes me melt every time.
Charisma's Bitch #1

"Treat everyone the same until you find out they're an idiot." -- Lucy Lawless

President Bush DID have a sure fire plan to end the war in Iraq, However Chuck Norris was busy that day.
LaLa247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2004, 09:33 PM   #7
Syn
insane clown girl

The background makeout session in Dead Man's Party is lovely. They were just there, together, not fighting. A normal couple. *sigh*
Old 02-04-2004, 09:46 PM   #8
Shirley
Kickin It Old School

Wow. This is my first post here in a looong time.

I must say, the "Prom" moment where they meet up. She's with Wes. He's with Anya.

And they have that moment.

"Thank you."
"It looks good on you."
"Well, duh!"

PIMPASS STALKER WHORE #716
Team Cordy #202
Fangirl-Squee[dot]net
My "Fandom" Live Journal
My "Real Life" Live Journal
Shirley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2004, 10:56 PM   #9
nodakskip

Got to say the locker moment when he sees his picture in her locker was a good one.

I think everyone knows my view on the C/X and the C/A ships. But I can say one thing for both.

Both had the potential to be something great, but were not seen that way in the eyes of Joss. All he wanted was more angst.

Except for the B/A ship which is what the Buffyverse will end on, the others ships are not built to last. Its some unspoken rule that no couple would stay together for more then a year or so.
Old 02-05-2004, 03:40 AM   #10
Carolina

Thank you Penny Mwah! Big Kiss! Thans for taking pity on us X/C fans and realizing that we really have no other place to go.

Well, in my humble opinion, Xander & Cordy were the best of the best. Now Nodaskip, along with Nickle, I realize you're our resident X/C writer, but I have a proposal. Since that Cordy's whole comatose yet awake and corporeal thing didn't make a lick of sense anyway:
Cordy actually still has more time in her body after she says buh bye to Angel. While Angel goes to answer the phone, she immediately teleports over to Africa to see the Xanman again. Xander of course is much smarter that Angel and decides to actively try to help Cordy. He hot foots it over to some amazing African shaman he came across while doing his slayer gathering. Even though Cordy's comatose body has died, the shaman makes the body she's currently in permanent and human. Cordy and Xander had of course already realized the moment they saw one another that they never stopped loving each other. Xander promptly quits the new Watchers' Council. He and Cordy move back to the states (I'm thinking the somewhere in the San Diego area). Xander learns that only having one eye really doesn't effect his carpentry skills. Xander becomes a very successful carpenter or possibly starts his own construction company. Cordy enrolls in a local university and possibly runs the business aspects of the construction company. They have three or four kids and live happily and lovingly snarkily ever after. Oh and they help out Buffy, Giles, Angel,etc. when needed.
Whew, I spit that out off the top of my head in about three minutes.
And what the hell, I'm just gonna say it. C/X kicked C/A's ass. I'm not trying to start anything, I just wanted to say it for the record. It's just my humble opinion.

Last edited by Carolina; 02-05-2004 at 03:48 AM.
Carolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2004, 04:00 AM   #11
nodakskip

Well I did write a fic like almost like that. In fact I just sent it off to my beta reader.

Its about how Cordy has one more stop to make after Angel and Wesley. Good old Xander. Not saying its a shiper fic for either. But no comming back to life.

I did post the story I did from here with the Challenge that the Cordy we saw in Angel was not the real Cordy. Its up with the rest of my stuff at www.fanfiction.net

Also I am working on a series at the moment that Xander and Cordy move to San Fran to live after Graduation. Thats also at FF.net I will say that Cordy does learn she has some new family members say two older sisters named Prue and Piper.

I've got yet another series that has it the Cordy that was in the coma was not her (the last ep never happened) and the PTBs have C/X working as Champions all over the world.

I've got so many fics going it will be hard to finish them all but I hope to. But C/X is far from dead. Granted one of the only two archives for it is gone and the other hasent been updated in a year, but hey. I got them all off before the one went down.

But as for the C/A ship it just seemed forced to me. Not to mention the big deal with Angel leaving Buffy to have a normal life and then suddenly get a thing for Cordy. They should have stayed best friends. And I hated Fred, Lorne and even Wes pushing for a ship between them. He still has the freaking curse on him, does everyone just gloss over that fact?
Old 02-05-2004, 04:26 AM   #12
Carolina

Man, you must be one busy guy, Skip.
I'm glad some people enjoyed C/A. I just kept thinking, have they all (the MoG, not C/A shippers) had lobotomies? What about the curse?!?!
I'm love your work by the way, Skip. Partners is my fave, followed by the Phoenix stories. Thank God you write good Xander. Now I'm just waiting for the Angel ep where it's mentioned that Xander caught dysentery in Africa and died (alone). You know Joss'd do it, too. The only upside there would be that Xander and Cordy would be reunited forever in Heaven.
Old 02-05-2004, 09:29 AM   #13
LaLa247
Wooo!

SAVE TARGET AS

Charisma talks about Nick B. and their kisses on BtVS

There's an outtake from "What's My Line" in there too.
Charisma's Bitch #1

"Treat everyone the same until you find out they're an idiot." -- Lucy Lawless

President Bush DID have a sure fire plan to end the war in Iraq, However Chuck Norris was busy that day.
LaLa247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2004, 11:15 AM   #14
nodakskip

Quote:
Originally posted by Carolina
Man, you must be one busy guy, Skip.
I'm glad some people enjoyed C/A. I just kept thinking, have they all (the MoG, not C/A shippers) had lobotomies? What about the curse?!?!
I'm love your work by the way, Skip. Partners is my fave, followed by the Phoenix stories. Thank God you write good Xander. Now I'm just waiting for the Angel ep where it's mentioned that Xander caught dysentery in Africa and died (alone). You know Joss'd do it, too. The only upside there would be that Xander and Cordy would be reunited forever in Heaven.
Why thank you. And I write so much because I have no life at the moment. And I know how sometimes its hard to find Xander fic that doenst have him be the idiot or the guy that everyone loves to pick on. Thats the trap a lot of Angel writers fall into in my view. Cordy was talking to Xander again and Im guessing had a talk with him before she left town. But yet many writers turn them back in to "I hate you." just so Angel can look 100 times better. Not saying everyone does it but a lot do.

On a side note I just posted a C/X fic that goes along with the 100th episode.

Swan Song
Old 02-05-2004, 01:43 PM   #15
tojoson

skip:

we know they were talking, they were standing next to each other at the end, then walked away together, they were sitting together at graduation, she thanked him (emphatically) for her prom dress, and they blew off 5th period together the last day of school, (i always like to think they found a broom closet to occupy).

i like to think they parted as friends.