Register Control Panel Search FAQ/Help/Guide Memberlist Forum Calendar The Stranger Things Store Home Stranger Things Home

Go Back   Stranger Things Forum > Main > The Cordyverse
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-03-2004, 02:17 PM   #91
Penny Century
Rich girl, superhero

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehab
Say it out loud, its a guaranteed laugh.
Oh yeah, SuperGhettoGunn! to the rescue!!

Although as funny as Canti is, she has a hard time beating The Whitest Men On Earth writing SuperGhettoGunn! for the actual series. She wins on a TKO, though -- the writers lose 20 Laugh Out Loud points due to their extra-high Isn't This Sad score.
Old 08-03-2004, 02:21 PM   #92
ehab
Perpetually Confused

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penny Century
Although as funny as Canti is, she has a hard time beating The Whitest Men On Earth writing SuperGhettoGunn! for the actual series. Canti wins on a TKO, though -- the writers lose 20 Laugh Out Loud points due to their extra-high Isn't This Sad score.
Oh God! Gah, I still cringe whenever the words "bess believe dat man" cross that poor man's lips.
ehab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2004, 03:15 PM   #93
Angelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehab
That was freakin' hilarious. It made my day. Pee in my pants funny.

If you liked that one you've got to read her Who's Your Daddy? and A Christmas Angel. That's some funny stuff.

I love you not only for what you are, but for what I am when I am with you. I love you not only for what you have made of yourself, but for what you are making of me. I love you for the part of me that you bring out. ~ Elizabeth Barrett Browning
Angelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2004, 03:32 PM   #94
Morrigan
Who Da Man?!

I forgot how funny those storeis were
Quote:
“Yeah,” said Angel, “If it ain’t broke, don’t smoke crack and hallucinate things that might be cool. It will suck. And I want my balls back.”

“Ain’t gonna get them, foos!” shouted Gunn as he ran by again, “I’s da Grinch and I stole ‘em! Bling bling!
Old 08-03-2004, 04:30 PM   #95
rolandro

Man, this has become a very twisted place to put an opinion.

I’m sort of the opinion that CC and DB did have chemistry, in the fact that they played very easily off of one another. But sexual? No – and not because CC could or could not sell the kiss, but because Angel and Cordelia just weren’t written that way. They moved from rom-com (we wanted each other, but there were always complications and bad timing. . .) to rom-melodrama (Oh Woe Is Me, but Our Love Cannot BE!!!!) They put A/C to rest permanently in early S4 and from then on we lived in the post A/C world.

You’re Welcome is a perfect example. Their scenes together were for the most part post romantic. Angel and Cordy were a couple of people who still have strong feelings for each other, but both knew fully that their actual moment had passed. And I think that feeling would’ve been there regardless of whether or not Cordy had lived. Now the chemistry between these two was strong in these scenes, but the material was not 'sexy.' And the subtext was clearly "A/C was past-tense". Even the kiss was that kind of sad: it was something for Cordy to take with her on her 'journey.'

(I kinda have some experience with this post-relationship stuff. My Ex came down from Seattle to SF to see me this weekend. It was very sad putting her on the plane at the end. Especially since she was continuing on to London and a week long spa trip to Cornwall - and I wasn't.)
rolandro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2004, 04:59 PM   #96
Prima
I have no idea...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morrigan
I forgot how funny those stories were
And....

“Okay,” Buffy said as she had an idea, “we will have a showdown. Whoever lactates first is the true mother.”

“EWWWWWWW!!!” everyone screamed.

*dies*

"...speculating on the sadomasochistic dominance games of the White House staff is always more interesting and topical than shipper wars." --Cordy's Bitch

"OMG GOD HATES ME BECAUSE HE DIDN'T MAKE JESUS/PETER CANON! I'M QUITTING THIS FANDOM, AND I AM TOTALLY NOT FINISHING REVELATIONS!" --latara
Prima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2004, 05:08 PM   #97
Emmangel
Administrator

*cries*

Why did you have to bring up the lactating?

Oh well, if you wanna play that game, I'll see your lactating and raise you a thrusting.
Old 08-03-2004, 06:55 PM   #98
Argent
Wanna play gladiators?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmangel
*cries*

You know it'll only lead to Angel-raping-Riley....

Quote:
Oh well, if you wanna play that game, I'll see your lactating and raise you a thrusting.
Eeew, wash your mouth out with soap!

C/A all the way and Wes/Gunn had lovely chemistry.

I've always been a Spuffy but Spike/Dawn had a really interesting 'she's crushing/he's very oddly protective' vibe that had nothing to do with Buffy or (to my mind) sex. Spike seemed to genuinely care about Dawn and I felt cheated when that got lost in the shuffle to give Buffy a new SO.

Giles/Jenny - I'm not big on tragic romance but I got sucked into that relationship and Jenny's death, particularly the setting...those two actors made me care and I don't think the Cordyverse offered a more disturbing image than Jenny's 'presentation' by Angelus. A true depiction of evil and depravity to take something beautiful and twist it into a sick joke.
Old 08-03-2004, 09:24 PM   #99
Wravyn
Pseudo-Superhero

Quote:
“I love you, my brooding, goofy, vampire with a soul, or conscience if you listen to the media.”

“I love you, my Seer.”

There was no curse.

Cordial grabbed his cold cock full of cold seed.

Angle touched her heated core.

They had sex.

End.
If that isn't the best ending ever, I don't know what is.

And props to Argent for bringing up the Spawn love, cause I have much to share.

ETA: Just read Who's Your Daddy and this must be added.

Quote:
Still, there was a pressing issue at hand here: just how did one prove to be the father of a child in a fanfic?

“I’ll prove it by…” Angel started to stutter. “By…”

“By what?” Cordy asked, crossing her arms above her huge, womb of evil in an evil manner.

“By…” Angel took in a deep breath. “By lactating.”

Hey, that’s how Buffy did it in fanfics, so why couldn’t Angel?
A little bit thicker, a little bit harmful for me

ring a ding ding: art...and the like.

Last edited by Wravyn; 08-03-2004 at 09:30 PM.
Wravyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2004, 09:59 PM   #100
Prima
I have no idea...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmangel
*cries*

Hey! It's the first time I did it! I was like a lactating mention virgin up until now!

I feel so dirty.

"...speculating on the sadomasochistic dominance games of the White House staff is always more interesting and topical than shipper wars." --Cordy's Bitch

"OMG GOD HATES ME BECAUSE HE DIDN'T MAKE JESUS/PETER CANON! I'M QUITTING THIS FANDOM, AND I AM TOTALLY NOT FINISHING REVELATIONS!" --latara
Prima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2004, 12:03 AM   #101
Syn
insane clown girl

Super!Ghetto!Gunn makes me all kinds of happy. BLING BLING!!

But on to chemistry...

Faith/Wesley had the very best chemistry possible, I thought. My screen just melted whenever they were together. Even on BtVS, there was a spark. The torture scene in Five by Five was...I dare anyone to watch that and not get all sweaty. Faith's three episode arc in season 4 proved that it wasn't coincidental either. So sad it was wasted though.

B/A had chemistry a plenty, but it was lost in the storyline, which drowned any natural passion they had in cheesy schmutz. It's a shame too, but a shame I can bear.

I won't say that AA and AD don't have chemistry. Anyone who's seen their scenes in Billy obviously aren't looking hard enough. But honestly, that's the only episode where it stood out to me. Season four and five were painful to watch for me because I just. didn't. see. it.

I think JAR has chemistry with just about anyone, especially the women on the cast. Even in his brief scenes with ER (whom everyone claims has no chemistry with anyone), I saw a brief flash of it. He had the most with Alexa Davalos, I think. He made Alexa, who is a mediocre actress, much better by simply being in her presence and their scenes sizzled together. He had a lot with AA too and CC and the girl who plays Anne as well and Mercedes McNab. As for the men, he had it with AD in spades and it shows whenever they're onscreen together. I think he had quite a bit with VK as well.

Amy Acker and Andy Hallet had chemistry out the wazoo. It's very obvious to anyone who watches closely. It's a very easy, comfortable chemistry too. They're always touching each other, whether accidentally or no and you can see that they're very much at ease with each other. I heart Florne to no end because of this.

While we're on Lorne--hellooooooo Lorne/Groo! Mark and Andy are friends in real life and it shows onscreen. The small talk they had in Benediction pretty much says it all. Love those boys.

As for Buffy...

Dawn/Andrew had chemistry and I'm not ashamed to say that I ship them like whoa. But then, I love Tom Lenk anyway and I think he's a great actor--a little over-used, but fabulous in small doses. While we're on Andrew, I have to mention the Trio. Adam, Danny and Tom were like a force to be reckoned with when they were onscreen. They stole the show many a time because of their chemistry with each other. Loved it.

I always thought SMG and NB had wonderful chemistry that kind of went to waste. It comes out in little ways though, just small things. Like in Chosen, when they're walking down the hallway and she slowly let's go of his hand. And in Seeing Red, their talk out in her backyard before Warren shoots her and Tara--wonderful. I so wish it had been played up and I make no secret that I'm a B/Xer deep down.

Willow had little to no chemistry with either Tara or Oz. W/T felt awkward and not just because they're both straight women playing gay--something was just off there a lot of the time. Seth carried the Willow/Oz relationship a lot of the time too, but he did a miracle in the form of making Willow bearable. They sparked occaisionally, but it was hit or miss most of the time. AHD has the most chemistry with JM and MB. I fancied a Willow/Spike relationship once upon a time because of that. She also sparked with ASH and EC and definitely with ED.

Seth had with everyone, but his scenes with Paige Moss (Veruca) were outstanding, especially when he pulls her into the cage in "Wild At Heart" by her hair. Wowza.

I think Marc Blucas and SMG had a lot of chemistry (Helloooooo "I in Team" love scene!), but it went largely wasted on first the Initiative storyline, then Riley's attempt at being a bad boy. MB was great with DB too and he also sparked with MT, but then MT sparks with a lot of people, at least in my opinion.

EC and ASH and EC and JM were fantastic together, I thought. She did great with NB, but it was a more easy kind of chemistry than the other two.

James Marsters and Juliet Landau have so much chemistry it just oozes off of them. The "non-kiss" in School Hard is so good it's painful.

Umm...can't think of any others that stick out right now, but that's my opinion.

And yes, Platy--George/Rube is stunning! At times I see a father/daughter thing there and then at other times I sense something else, something deeper and it intrigues me. I like where they're going with this and I hope they don't drop it. That scene in Rube's apartment spoke volumes to me.

And Daisy/Mason is so going to happen. I can FEEL it. And it feels GOOD.
Old 08-04-2004, 07:18 AM   #102
LadyJubilee

I thought DB/CC had chemistry and do did Angel and Cordelia. Personally, I always wondered what Cordy and Angel were doing before Wesley showed up at the office. I think part of the difference, though, is the kind of chemistry that people are looking for. If it was just "hot" then I guess I could see why some people didn't think Angel/Cordelia had chemistry (though I'm not sure how anyone missed the DB/CC chemistry). For me, though sexual chemistry has to have more than just body chemistry--it has to have the mix of caring and respect, with a healthy dollop of humor.

DB/SMG...I don't know because Angel and Buffy didn't. I could never get past the jailbait pedophilia aspect of the relationship to see any chemistry at all. To me, it always seemed like an old man's view of teen love...and well, ick.

AD/AA...I think the actors could have had chemistry because they are both very fine actors. But the characters didn't, and in my view couldn't. Maybe because I am feminist in view point, but I don't think there can be chemistry when one character (the male in this case) fundamentally sees himself as superior to the other (the female in this case). I thought the characters of Wesley and Faith had far more chemistry (as did the actors).

AD/JAR...chemistry on screen and Wesley/Gunn had great chemistry as well. I never had to wonder what those two were doing alone, cut off from the world, straining toward each other by....well, anyway you get the point.

CC/VK...None. I can't even chalk it up to other things. There just was no chemistry....and frankly the I thought VK only had chemistry with DB. But then I wasn't exactly overwhelmed by his performance. Plus, did I mention my whole aversion to pedophilia?

AA/AH...I could see some chemistry there. In fact, other than Gunn, Lorne is the only guy (?) on the show that seemed to have chemistry with Fred...which is why the whole Siren-Fred thing just didn't make sense.

DB/SR....when they were on they did sparke. As did SR/CK--not necessarily sexual chemistry but as evidenced by Gavin, SR/CK did have something.

JAR and everyone...but then lets face it, if you're standing beside a man who looks like that, wouldn't you be thinking sex?
LadyJubilee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2004, 10:14 AM   #103
Bertha Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyJubilee
JAR and everyone...but then lets face it, if you're standing beside a man who looks like that, wouldn't you be thinking sex?
Ummm...yes? And now you owe me a new keyboard.

This is a little OT, but LaLa mentioned that DB didn't have chemistry with some of the actresses the show. I am probably the only one that thinks so, but did anybody else notice that they were all potential (lame) love interests that went nowhere? IMO, it wasn't a lack of chemistry, but probably dilberate on DB's part. I mean, why try to bring chemistry into a ship/potential ship that didn't have any future to it?

Last edited by Bertha Blue; 08-04-2004 at 10:16 AM.
Bertha Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2004, 06:22 PM   #104
brownsbros3

I think David and Charisma had great chemistry together. They just played off each other so well.
I also liked Wesley/Fred, Gunn/Gwen, Connor/Faith, and Spike/Druscilla.

Not good chemistry:
Cordy/Groo, Angel/Buffy, Gunn/Fred, and Connor/Cordelia

Just disturbing:
Wesley/Lilah and Angel/Darla
brownsbros3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2004, 06:49 PM   #105
Elisha
Classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prima
And....

“Okay,” Buffy said as she had an idea, “we will have a showdown. Whoever lactates first is the true mother.”

“EWWWWWWW!!!” everyone screamed.

*dies*
I'd just like to be stated, that unlike every other time, I was not the first person to bring up Buffy the packet blonde pygmyfied lactating slayer!

Argent, you remember our little soap opera about Buffy’s lactating? Whatever happened to that soap opera? It would have made good television.

Team Cordy #813 -Loving Cordelia is not just our right but our responsibility.
Charisma's Bitch #3
Greenies Groupies #813

I am the surgeon of mean.

Elisha is offline   Reply With Quote