Register Control Panel Search FAQ/Help/Guide Memberlist Forum Calendar The Stranger Things Store Home Stranger Things Home

Go Back   Stranger Things Forum > Main > Charisma Carpenter
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-11-2004, 02:58 PM   #61
Penny Century
Rich girl, superhero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morrigan
Not Really
DB and CC are both 34
Actually, DB is at least a full year older than CC -- maybe two. He just lies about his age.

Hey, don't believe me. Ask LFH!
Old 05-11-2004, 03:03 PM   #62
Bertha Blue

Well, to be fair, he doesn't anymore. In the InStyle magazine he says he's 34. Doesn't really matter IMO, they both look really good for their age. I mean, really, really good for their ages. I'm super jealous of the both of them.
Old 05-11-2004, 03:39 PM   #63
LaLa247
Wooo!

Boreanaz is a dirty, rotten LIIIIIIIIAR!

/murderous rage
Charisma's Bitch #1

"Treat everyone the same until you find out they're an idiot." -- Lucy Lawless

President Bush DID have a sure fire plan to end the war in Iraq, However Chuck Norris was busy that day.
LaLa247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2004, 04:17 PM   #64
Gabriella
Until we bleed...

Quote:

To be honest I think it's a stretch for any of them to try and play under late 20's none of them look like teens or early 20's.
That's a matter of opinion. Definitely not teens but I can see early - mid 20's for some of them...

A passionate 'ship is always about the person you want to BE hooking up with the person you want to SCREW - samluvharrison

Charisma's Bitch #186~Team Cordy #186~Gutter Gal #186

She acts like summer and walks like rain
Gabriella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2004, 06:38 PM   #65
rolandro

Quote:
Not Really
DB and CC are both 34
Nicky is 33
Emma C is 31
AlyH and Seth G are 30
SMG is 27

To be honest I think it's a stretch for any of them to try and play under late 20's none of them look like teens or early 20's.
And we're in dissagreement how? Look at CC. Aside from NB, (who's had to slay some personal demons post Buffy and has thus been off the board, so to speak) no one's much beyond 30. CC at 29-30 and 30-31 (AtS S1 and S2) was a different actor, a different commodity than she is now. She's also a different kind of gorgeous. She couldn't play Cordy like that now, even if she wanted to.

And that's a good thing, because it means she's looking to her future. It would be so EASY for her to say, "I've found my little corner here. I want to work in this little corner." It's good because I want to see more of this fearless, worldly version of our girl. She's much more interesting now.

Quote:
SMG is 27
Just wanted to reiterate HOW much more interesting CC is.

Last edited by rolandro; 05-11-2004 at 06:46 PM.
rolandro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2004, 06:57 PM   #66
rousedower
cancelled

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolandro
And we're in dissagreement how? Look at CC. Aside from NB, (who's had to slay some personal demons post Buffy and has thus been off the board, so to speak) no one's much beyond 30. CC at 29-30 and 30-31 (AtS S1 and S2) was a different actor, a different commodity than she is now. She's also a different kind of gorgeous. She couldn't play Cordy like that now, even if she wanted to.

And that's a good thing, because it means she's looking to her future. It would be so EASY for her to say, "I've found my little corner here. I want to work in this little corner." It's good because I want to see more of this fearless, worldly version of our girl. She's much more interesting now.

Just wanted to reiterate HOW much more interesting CC is.
But then again, her role on MM was very Cordy-like (even though the character might've been older than Cordy). So it wasn't necessarily a stretch for her the way 'The Division' probably was. And we haven't seen 'Play Nice' yet.
Stake Darla #13
Greenie Groupie #13
rousedower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2004, 07:08 PM   #67
v120176

Can someone upload the episode for the people outside of USA?
v120176 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2004, 10:55 PM   #68
rolandro

Quote:
Originally Posted by rousedower
But then again, her role on MM was very Cordy-like (even though the character might've been older than Cordy). So it wasn't necessarily a stretch for her the way 'The Division' probably was. And we haven't seen 'Play Nice' yet.
The Cordyness of Serena does bug me, but then, it's just a guest shot. One of the producers was a Cordy fan and so they created a Cordy for MM. And she is just the perfect tonic for AS's character. I don't get the feeling that CC is really committed to playing a recurring role here, however expanded it would become. CC tends to separate her interview statements from near-term to long-term, with long-term getting the most recent press. Her long-term ideas are about pushing her comfort zone as an actress; her interview statements regarding Serena tend to be very conditional. She likes working with the principal actors and she is a fan of the series creator Darren Star, but she's openly said she's not looking to it for a mealticket - mostly because the show's future is so dim.

IF (Very BIG IF) MM were to be renewed, I would look to an expansion of her character, especially in light of the RO romance angle (and the apparent unlikeliness of Play Nice being picked up by UPN). But that's just so much conjecture (both the renew and the play nice) it's hardly worth the photons it took to draw this screen.

Last edited by rolandro; 05-11-2004 at 10:57 PM.
Old 05-11-2004, 11:37 PM   #69
Penny Century
Rich girl, superhero

Quote:
IF (Very BIG IF) MM were to be renewed, I would look to an expansion of her character, especially in light of the RO romance angle (and the apparent unlikeliness of Play Nice being picked up by UPN).
Well, given the latest from Variety -- that Play Nice has screened "particularly well" -- I'd expect that to be picked up before MM gets renewed. Even if UPN did throw over CC for Jenny McCarthy, they're gonna need a midseason replacement for Jenny McCarthy.
Old 05-11-2004, 11:41 PM   #70
LaLa247
Wooo!

According to E!, Miss Match is officially canceled. There's no word on whether the rest of the eps will air in the US, though.
Charisma's Bitch #1

"Treat everyone the same until you find out they're an idiot." -- Lucy Lawless

President Bush DID have a sure fire plan to end the war in Iraq, However Chuck Norris was busy that day.
LaLa247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2004, 12:11 AM   #71
rolandro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penny Century
Well, given the latest from Variety -- that Play Nice has screened "particularly well" -- I'd expect that to be picked up before MM gets renewed. Even if UPN did throw over CC for Jenny McCarthy, they're gonna need a midseason replacement for Jenny McCarthy.
Ha! I like this thinking. Plus, if each and every one of the fifteen of us got busy and made the kind of noise we're known for, maybe we could get Jenny thrown out in like June, rather than in September.

We are mighty. Fear us, UPN.
Old 05-12-2004, 12:24 AM   #72
ehab
Perpetually Confused

Quote:
We are mighty. Fear us, UPN.
Shamelessly jumping threads to add another motto a la LaLa:

Stranger Things - The Yakuza of Television, the Machi-yakko of Fandom

We've already got a shot of Charisma with a katana as our logo.

Interesting history: The Yakuza name in fact resolves into ya-ku-za (8-9-3), the worst losing hand in the Japanese game of oicho-kabu. The combination of the numbers symbolized the losers and castoffs who banded together to comfort one another and create for themselves a sense of group identity.

Last edited by ehab; 05-12-2004 at 12:30 AM.
ehab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2004, 12:42 AM   #73
Penny Century
Rich girl, superhero

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehab
Shamelessly jumping threads to add another motto a la LaLa:

Stranger Things - The Yakuza of Television, the Machi-yakko of Fandom
The Yakuza of Fandom™ is a good one! I also like The Sínn Fein of Fandom™ (Irish translation: "ourselves alone"). "If it weren't your kneecaps, it'd be someone else's."
Old 05-12-2004, 12:48 AM   #74
ehab
Perpetually Confused

I should have reasearched the Sínn Fein as well. Once I started digging on the Yakuza, I was shocked by the number of parallels to Stranger Things.

I suspect the birth of the IRA has similar parallels to the Yakuza. Interesting histories, both of them.

I like yakuza for the possible katana logo mostly.

I have a warm feeling about 'Play Nice'. Even the title is taking on a sinister sound now...
ehab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2004, 01:00 AM   #75
rolandro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penny Century
The Yakuza of Fandom™ is a good one! I also like The Sínn Fein of Fandom™ (Irish translation: "ourselves alone"). "If it weren't your kneecaps, it'd be someone else's."
Yes. We could be them, minus their fascination with cordless Makita drills.