Register Control Panel Search FAQ/Help/Guide Memberlist Forum Calendar The Stranger Things Store Home Stranger Things Home

Go Back   Stranger Things Forum > Main > Movie Mania!
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-17-2008, 09:16 PM   #16
samsmom

Thos pics look like they're in an FBI field office, at the very least.

Yay!!!!!!

MOW and M&S and Skinner!!!!

Not enough Squee in the world.

The only thing that would make it better is my favorite Rat Boy showing up and making a pass at Scully, then kissing Mulder, a Russian kiss of death.

Rowr.
samsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 07:28 AM   #17
Morrigan
Who Da Man?!

Wait a sec! Is Skinner in the new movie? Do we know for sure? Cause that will get me pretty darn excited. I love Skinner.
Old 01-18-2008, 10:54 AM   #18
tojoson

Here is the cast list so far, no sign of Skinner yet:

Amanda Peet
David Duchovny
Gillian Anderson
Billy Connolly
Callum Keith Rennie
Xzibit
Adam Godley

I really don't know how they could make an X Files without Skinner though. He was around from year 2.

Does anyone know the time frame of the movie? Does it carry on after the series? I heard rumors early on that it would take place sometime DURING the shows time frame. That would be cool, caused then they could get the Lone Gunmen in there also
Old 01-18-2008, 11:25 AM   #19
Morrigan
Who Da Man?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tojoson View Post
I really don't know how they could make an X Files without Skinner though. He was around from year 2.
I know that would totally suck, I love Skinner

Quote:
That would be cool, caused then they could get the Lone Gunmen in there also
So sad.
Old 01-18-2008, 12:35 PM   #20
DamnSkippy

Re the timeframe, I think it was Nikki who linked me to a post saying ------it takes place 10 years after. If that's the case, they could say Skinner was dead somehow. I hope not because the three of them against the world was part of the dynamic of the series that I loved.-------/end spoiler.
DamnSkippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 08:08 PM   #21
samsmom

Okay, guys.

What happened to the Lone Gunmen? I keep catching bits and pieces that make me a bit worried.
Old 01-18-2008, 10:40 PM   #22
Syn
insane clown girl

Uhhh....I don't have to spoiler font this, do I? If so, I can edit...but it's not like it's a secret by now.

The Lone Gunmen died in the last season (in an episode appropriately titled, "Jump the Shark"). They stopped some sort of eco-terrorist from letting out this virus or something. They had the choice to leave the containment area, but they stayed and accepted that they were going to die. They were buried at Arlington National Cemetery, and lauded as true American heroes.

Of course, in true Lone Gunmen conspiracy fashion, that might not have happened at all. We never saw their actual deaths on screen, nor their bodies in the flag-draped caskets. They could still be alive, but underground, having truly pulled the ultimate slight of hand to the government. I kind of like that idea. I wouldn't be opposed to them coming back.

And there's gotta be Skinner, man. SKINNER! You can't have the X-Files without Skinner.
Old 01-19-2008, 12:06 AM   #23
Cordy's Bitch
Not amused

This is going to sound horribly geeky, but if I'm in the theater and the trailer comes up, I know I'm just going to smile like a little bitch when the theme music starts.

Okay, now everyone sing along....

The X-Files is a show.....

with music by Mark Snow....

The X-Files is a show....

P.S. Anyone see Gillian Anderson hosting Masterpiece Theatre last week? She was rockin' the LONG red hair...
"Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair. Or fuckin' beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Till then you've got a lot more punishment in store. So stand it like a man, and give some back."
Cordy's Bitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 02:44 AM   #24
samsmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syn View Post
Uhhh....I don't have to spoiler font this, do I? If so, I can edit...but it's not like it's a secret by now.

The Lone Gunmen died in the last season (in an episode appropriately titled, "Jump the Shark"). They stopped some sort of eco-terrorist from letting out this virus or something. They had the choice to leave the containment area, but they stayed and accepted that they were going to die. They were buried at Arlington National Cemetery, and lauded as true American heroes.

Of course, in true Lone Gunmen conspiracy fashion, that might not have happened at all. We never saw their actual deaths on screen, nor their bodies in the flag-draped caskets. They could still be alive, but underground, having truly pulled the ultimate slight of hand to the government. I kind of like that idea. I wouldn't be opposed to them coming back.

And there's gotta be Skinner, man. SKINNER! You can't have the X-Files without Skinner.
I knew it was time to leave the party when Skinner killed Krycek. I'm glad I wasn't around for the Gunmen going out.

It makes me glad, though, that Chris Carter kept that seed of doubt.

Skinner needs to be in this movie, though, or it won't be complete without him and those tighty whiteys of his.
Old 01-19-2008, 05:11 AM   #25
SamIAm
It's all about Cordy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsmom View Post
Okay, guys.

What happened to the Lone Gunmen? I keep catching bits and pieces that make me a bit worried.
Absolutely nothing. The Lone Gunmen are alive and well and exposing conspiracies with great relish. Don't let anyone tell you any different.
Old 01-19-2008, 01:14 PM   #26
Liam
It's French, Bitch.

From what I've heard, it's more or less official that Robert Patrick and Annabeth Gish won't be appearing. So no Doggett and Reyes. Although Chris Carter apparently told Gish that if the movie is successful, he would bring the characters back in future installments. I saw the article, I'll try to find it.

What I would love to see is a cameo from Lance Henriksen. The character of Frank Black was supposed to appear in the 1st movie. From what I hear, Henriksen got pretty coy when asked if he'd would be in the next X-Files movie. I'd love to see him. Much as I miss The X-Files, and I really really miss it, I miss Millennium a little bit more.
Liam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 01:18 PM   #27
Morrigan
Who Da Man?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamIAm View Post
Absolutely nothing. The Lone Gunmen are alive and well and exposing conspiracies with great relish. Don't let anyone tell you any different.
That's one Denial Bublle I'm happy to live in. Seriously, I like Syn's spin (say that 3 times fast) on the situation. Oh man, I forgot Skinner killed Krycek.
Old 01-19-2008, 01:30 PM   #28
Jamie82

Actually from what I hear there will be no former cast members besides Mulder and Scully in the movie. But if this one does well they'll all be in the third one.

Check these article's out with quotes from Nicholas Lea in them.
Here and Here
Jamie82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 02:25 AM   #29
Jamie82

Found this site that has new behind the scenes pics and video of Mulder and Scully.

LINK
Jamie82 is offline   Reply With Quote