Register Control Panel Search FAQ/Help/Guide Memberlist Forum Calendar The Stranger Things Store Home Stranger Things Home

Go Back   Stranger Things Forum > Main > Charisma Carpenter
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-02-2007, 06:01 PM   #1
Livvie
nutcase

Whedon off Wonder Woman

PRAISE JESUS!

That is all I have to say. Now hopefully they will get someone in that won't want to make it Buffy 2.0 and now hopefully, Charisma has a better shot.

http://whedonesque.com/comments/12385

You (hopefully) heard it here first: I'm no longer slated to make Wonder Woman. What? But how? My chest... so tight! Okay, stay calm and I'll explain as best I can. It's pretty complicated, so bear with me. I had a take on the film that, well, nobody liked. Hey, not that complicated.

Let me stress first that everybody at the studio and Silver Pictures were cool and professional. We just saw different movies, and at the price range this kind of movie hangs in, that's never gonna work. Non-sympatico. It happens all the time. I don't think any of us expected it to this time, but it did. Everybody knows how long I was taking, what a struggle that script was, and though I felt good about what I was coming up with, it was never gonna be a simple slam-dunk. I like to think it rolled around the rim a little bit, but others may have differing views.

The worst thing that can happen in this scenario is that the studio just keeps hammering out changes and the writer falls into a horrible limbo of development. These guys had the clarity and grace to skip that part. So I'm a free man.

Well, sorta. There is that "Goners" movie I can finally finish polishing, and plenty of other things in the hopper I've wanted to pursue. I'm as relieved as I am disappointed, and both of those things lead to drink, so that's a plus. Truly, you may be hearing some interesting things brewing in the coming months. But all potential jets therein will be visible.

But most importantly, I never have to answer THAT question again!!!! And you don't have to link to every rumor site! Finally and forever: I never had an actress picked out, or even a consistant front-runner. I didn't have time to waste on casting when I was so busy air-balling on the script. (No! Rim! There was rim!) That's the greatest relief of all. I can do interviews again!

Thanks for your time. You are the people who make the world go 'round. Or, no, science does that.

-j.

Old 02-02-2007, 06:05 PM   #2
tojoson

Damn, Livvie, you beat me by just a couple of minutes.

maybe that's why they picked up that spec script yesterday
http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/index...ory=0&id=39909

Go CC
Old 02-02-2007, 06:07 PM   #3
Gabriella
Until we bleed...

Hmm, what's the word I'm looking for?

Karma.

A passionate 'ship is always about the person you want to BE hooking up with the person you want to SCREW - samluvharrison

Charisma's Bitch #186~Team Cordy #186~Gutter Gal #186

She acts like summer and walks like rain
Gabriella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 06:26 PM   #4
LaLa247
Wooo!

It's a good day in the Cordyverse.
Charisma's Bitch #1

"Treat everyone the same until you find out they're an idiot." -- Lucy Lawless

President Bush DID have a sure fire plan to end the war in Iraq, However Chuck Norris was busy that day.
LaLa247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 06:35 PM   #5
SamIAm
It's all about Cordy.

I just wonder what took so long; I'd actually thought they'd forgotten they were going to make the movie. Though I still think Dakota Fanning will be too old to play the role by the time this movie does get going.
Old 02-02-2007, 06:44 PM   #6
Liam
It's French, Bitch.

Gotta say I'm surprised. Didn't think they'd go away from a relatively known name like Whedon to some newbies.

Although I'm not sure why the hell you'd want to make a Wonder Woman movie anyway. Hardly the most interesting super hero. Or so I think. But then again, they did make Ghost Rider.
Liam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 06:54 PM   #7
Childe of Blade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriella View Post
Hmm, what's the word I'm looking for?

Karma.
That's what I said when Serenity bombed, LOL!!!
Childe of Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 07:06 PM   #8
webwarlock

Hey.

I was just coming by to post this myself, but it had been so long since I had been by I forgot my password!

Karma indeed.

Warlock
webwarlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 08:13 PM   #9
samsmom

It's scary how much pleasure this gives me.

Frightening, actually.

I am so relieved he won't be doing 'one girl in all the world' again. So relieved. Even if CC doesn't get the part, I will still be trotting - tra-la-la SKIPPING - to see this movie, now that he's not doing it.

Seriously though, he needs to learn to play with others. He wants too much control over the story, it seems, and *hates* when others try and tweak it.
samsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 09:34 PM   #10
Livvie
nutcase

Mwahahaha! For the first time I think ever I was the first with some news!

And I am pratically dancing about this. I love Wonder Woman. I grew up reading the comics. And my heart fell into my stomach when I heard Jasshat was attached to write. Then when I heard when he wanted to do, I was just like grrr. No! Now, like Samsom, I will be dancing right into that theater.

This is so karma and until he stops treating people so poorly (hello, did you READ his comments in his latest interview on mtv.com about the 'Verse actors) this is going to keep happening to him.

I am just glad that here, at least people are happy about this news and not touting around the "Joss is GOD!" banner that is happening over at LJ.

Thank god for everyone here. I can come here and not be ashamed of my Joss-dislike. I love you all. LOL

(Can you tell I have been at it all night with deluded Joss-fangirls?)
Old 02-02-2007, 10:01 PM   #11
samsmom

I'm conflicted about Joss. He's a brilliant writer, but he's also a sadist, with ego to boot. I think it's dangerous for the fans to run around screaming "Joss is God" -

-unless you're comparing him to Old Testament God-

and letting him believe whatever he writes is made of awesome.

It's not.

And how long is he gonna last in Hollywoodland if his rep is "does not play well with others"?
samsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 10:04 PM   #12
jerry

I think Joss is talented and capable of making more stuff I'd like to watch. But I've never thought there was much chance of him making a good "Wonder Woman" movie, so it's probably better for him to make none at all than for him to make a crappy one.
jerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 10:41 PM   #13
DamnSkippy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livvie View Post
(hello, did you READ his comments in his latest interview on mtv.com about the 'Verse actors)
Is (http://www.mtv.com/#/news/articles/1...31/index.jhtml) this the mtv.com article you were talking about?

Quote:
You know, a 'Romeo's Working Out to Get Rid of His Spare Tire' episode is not going to be that exciting.
OMG, the man's a leper. And not the pretty kind.

I'm relieved about the WW movie. I don't think for a second that CC will ever get the part, but what he was trying to do with it sounded horrible. I hope these new guys have a better sense of the character and keep it closer to the original.
DamnSkippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 02:03 AM   #14
argel
beloved cordelia

Two things.

BWAHAHA.

And.

WEEEEEEE!

Thanks for the heads up, Livvie.

***argel***
Team Cordy™ #17
Charisma's Bitch #17
The Place of Blue

Not a Color, But a State of Mind

Lisa: Wait, Xena can't fly!
Lucy Lawless: I told you, I'm not Xena. I'm Lucy Lawless!
Lisa: Oh.
argel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 08:37 AM   #15
Penny Century
Rich girl, superhero

Changed the thread title because I may not be the only one who went, "What's a jasshat?"

I guess everyone should have seen it coming, what with the new spec script getting picked up, but yeah. I think there's a chance for a good movie now that it promises to be free of Joss' inner 15-year-old girl.