Register Control Panel Search FAQ/Help/Guide Memberlist Forum Calendar The Stranger Things Store Home Stranger Things Home

Go Back   Stranger Things Forum > Main > Charisma Carpenter
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-07-2004, 02:29 PM   #1
kissmejane

New BTVS & Angel Book mentions this forum & YOU!

*Side Note* This is NOT spam! ... Moving on.

Hi all!

I'm posting this to tell you about the book I wrote that's coming out. It mentions the Stranger Things Forum as well as Charisma-Online.org . It also features a submission from Emmaangel! Congratulations! Here's some basic information about the book:

The book is now available for pre-sale purchasing. The book publication date (meaning release date) is December 7th, 2004. The regular price of the book is $ 19.95 Canadian. However if you purchase during the pre-sale period (from 10.07.04 - 12.06.04) you will get 10% off the listed price. For information on all other bonuses, purchasing details such as shipping, payment method, etc... please go to the site link I listed below.

The book does has exclusive cast interviews (I have some listed, however more will be announced shortly).

The book's official title is: "It's Never Too Late To Become A Buffy Fan: Your Complete How-To Guide." It is an unauthorized biography of both Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Angel. However it is a resource guide which concentrates on areas that other books have not such as: Fandom, Fan Sites, Fan Fiction, Forums, Chat Rooms, Conventions, Official Sites, Common Rotation, Ghost of the Robot, Gods of the Radio, Saving Angel, Kane, Chance, Charities, Fan Stories, as well as the most recent complete episode guide. The cast biography section is a bit different as well. Instead of just the standard main cast, I have shortened the bio's so that I was able to add many more actors (including more minor roles). There is also a section on what they are doing now.

If you want more information on the book please visit this site: http://www.kissmejaneproductions.com/BuffyBook.html

There is no need to ask my permission to repost this information. Two words. FEEL FREE.

And please allow me to say thank you for everyone's support over the last couple of months! Everyone's submissions whether it was interviews, answers, photo's etc... helped to change this book from just one voice (mine) to many voices (yours). If you have any questions please feel free post them here, or email me.

Kiss Me Jane.
kissmejane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2004, 02:41 PM   #2
Bert
The Evil Potato Chip

Sounds cool. I might buy it, i do have a couple of different of guides, but if this one has all the extra stuff mentioned then it could be worth it. How long is it?

Also, most importantly, am I mentioned by name? :P

At Weekends My Name Is Ernie
Bert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2004, 02:45 PM   #3
kissmejane

Well Bert, throw me a good quote about something BTVS/Angel related and I might squeeze it in.

Right now it's going through the final stages. As we had to wait for some cast interviews to be completed (it will re-edited soon). This means that I can't give you a perfect page count, however I can say that it is approximately 300 + pages. It will have great photos but remember that this is a FAN FRIENDLY book which means that a LOT of the material is from fans, including pictures. After all I wrote this book because of how you all inspired me. This is my thank you to you.

Any more questions JUST HOLLER!

Kiss Me Jane.

Last edited by kissmejane; 10-07-2004 at 02:47 PM. Reason: typo
Old 10-07-2004, 03:14 PM   #4
Bert
The Evil Potato Chip

Oooh, don't tempt me... I could throw out a long list of cheesy quotes...

How about a nice long quote about the board?

Why do I frequent Stranger-Things so regularly? I'm not going to give a cliched answer that it gives up to the minute Cordyverse news (though it does), that my fellow C/Aers are fantastic lovely people (though they are) or that the fan fiction is some of the best pieces of writing I have ever read (though it is). No, the real reason is that the board is almost part of the show itself. After only a year and a half of visiting these boards, there is something in every one of the 254 episodes that makes me think of one of the Stranger's - and their oddball comments - that just makes me enjoy the episode even more.

Or... if you're short on ink:

B/A fanfic - The real big bad

ETA: I've just had a look around your site, I love the little gif of the three people kissing!

Old 10-07-2004, 03:22 PM   #5
kissmejane

Bert - I love that quote. I might have to shorten it but I think I can squeeze it in. Email me at kissmejaneproductions@hotmail.com with the quote to remind me k? Also make sure to include how you want to be credited (username or real name). Any other info I'll need, I'll let you know.

Ya I love the picture too, however it's blown up to look distorted, so in fact they are actually all huddled together talking about something exciting rather then kissing. But hey! If it makes my site seem lovey dovey then why not!

Kiss Me Jane.
Old 10-07-2004, 03:25 PM   #6
Bert
The Evil Potato Chip

Ooooh! Yay! I'm gonna be famous!!!!!! *pokes out tongue at random people on the street*

Old 10-07-2004, 03:27 PM   #7
kissmejane

Let me be the FIRST to bow down!

Bert you are a hoot and a half! Thanks for making me laugh!

Kiss Me Jane.
Old 10-07-2004, 03:35 PM   #8
Bert
The Evil Potato Chip

Quote:
Originally Posted by kissmejane
Let me be the FIRST to bow down!

Bert you are a hoot and a half! Thanks for making me laugh!

Kiss Me Jane.

Oooh... I like you... It's been a while since I've had a minion... AM definitely going to buy your book now...

Old 10-07-2004, 04:38 PM   #9
psychofilly
*My* Angel eats nuns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert
Oooh... I like you... It's been a while since I've had a minion... AM definitely going to buy your book now...
You've never had a minion, Bert.

::Stomps ego before it ballons to critical proportions::
Old 10-08-2004, 02:59 AM   #10
aikakone
SpunkyMisunderstoodGenius

Actually, 'filly, it looks like Bert is the unwitting minion here because someone's buying the book.

Wise move, Jane.
Wesley Brigadier #9
Team Cordy #245
What do you call a bunch of militant CC fans? A Charis-militia!
aikakone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2004, 08:59 AM   #11
psychofilly
*My* Angel eats nuns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aikakone
Actually, 'filly, it looks like Bert is the unwitting minion here because someone's buying the book.

Wise move, Jane.
Hee, good call.
Old 10-08-2004, 01:15 PM   #12
Bert
The Evil Potato Chip

I did think that it could possibly be seen that way, but i dont care because somebody bowed to me... Whether it was sincere or not, it was still a bow... I'll do anything for a little ego-stroking....

Old 10-08-2004, 01:16 PM   #13
psychofilly
*My* Angel eats nuns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert
I'll do anything for a little ego-stroking....
Sad sad little bert...
Old 10-08-2004, 01:22 PM   #14
Bert
The Evil Potato Chip

you're just jealous cos im gonna be in a book...

Old 10-08-2004, 04:04 PM   #15
psychofilly
*My* Angel eats nuns.

lol

I'm really not, but whatever makes you happy, Bert.

Be careful not to get drool everywhere when you get the book.