Register Control Panel Search FAQ/Help/Guide Memberlist Forum Calendar The Stranger Things Store Home Stranger Things Home

Go Back   Stranger Things Forum > Main > Charisma Carpenter
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-09-2004, 05:19 PM   #1
Penny Century
Rich girl, superhero

"Joey" Neighbor Will Be Recast

Tojo posted this over at C-C.com, so give him all the credit for finding it. From the Hollywood Reporter via IMDB.com:

Quote:
One of the most anticipated new series, NBC's Friends spinoff Joey, is set to undergo some fine-tuning before it debuts in the fall. After weeks of speculation, the producers of the Warner Bros. comedy decided Tuesday to redevelop the character of Joey's (Matt LeBlanc) sexy new neighbor in Los Angeles. Ashley Scott, who played the character in the pilot, will be gone. Her scenes will be reshot once the creators of the series, Shana Goldberg-Meehan and Scott Silveri, tweak the concept for the character and recast it. In a rare move, the pilot for Joey was screened in full-length to advertisers at the network's upfront presentation last month. It was warmly received. The pilot scored high marks in its audience testing with one exception -- the neighbor character that didn't fare well, sources said.
I know some people like the idea of CC in this show more than others do, but it certainly would be interesting if she tested for it.
Old 06-09-2004, 05:41 PM   #2
Lovin' Lorne
Too Hot For Words

Put me in the "Hell yea!" camp. I'd love to see her on NBC every week. Can you imagine the exposure!

Where's Blue? Please help if you can.
Lovin' Lorne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2004, 06:11 PM   #3
v120176

We made A. Scott go away?! We rock!!! The Stranger maffia strikes again!!!!!!!!

Those two together (ML and CC) could be a great pair...

I hope CC is not to much attached to "Cats & Dogs" (for what Chrissy said about not being told the last word) to let a great chance go away...

Ok. What's our next "target"? The producers of the Warner Bros? NBC? Who?
v120176 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2004, 06:38 PM   #4
tojoson

if she tested and got this part, i don't think there would be any hesitation about taking it,

the POSSIBLE lead in a sitcom on a netlet (UPN), vs, a co-lead (ensemble cast) on a major network (NBC).

i would tell UPN, 'hey you snooze, you loose'.

incidentally penny, i did post this here before i posted at C-C, it's in the tv party forum , 'joey news' (i posted it there because it's not CC related---YET)--maybe you want to merge them
Old 06-09-2004, 06:44 PM   #5
LaLa247
Wooo!

On a related note, I just told my cousin that Ashley Scott had been let go as the female lead/love interest on Joey and that the part was being recast, and her first comment was "Oh, Charisma Carpenter should try out."
Charisma's Bitch #1

"Treat everyone the same until you find out they're an idiot." -- Lucy Lawless

President Bush DID have a sure fire plan to end the war in Iraq, However Chuck Norris was busy that day.
LaLa247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2004, 07:24 PM   #6
cordy_n_angel
Gunn and Harmony 4-Ever!

I'd be thrilled if CC got the part, but I'm really sad that they let Ashley go. I've been a fan of her work since Dark Angel and I really like the actress, I just wish she could catch her big break and I was hoping that would happen with "Joey".

I'd rather them cast either CC or some unknown or up and coming actress ala the original Friends cast.

~Nikki~
cordy_n_angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2004, 08:36 PM   #7
LaLa247
Wooo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cordy_n_angel
I just wish she could catch her big break [...]
Considering she's currently filming two movies, has appeared in three big Hollywood films, has worked with James Cameron twice, and has been working steadily for the last four years...I would say she's already caught her big break. Several times.

Time to give someone else a turn.

Honestly, I don't think she's suffering over the loss, and if she isn't funny and/or didn't test well with the audience, then...
Charisma's Bitch #1

"Treat everyone the same until you find out they're an idiot." -- Lucy Lawless

President Bush DID have a sure fire plan to end the war in Iraq, However Chuck Norris was busy that day.
LaLa247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2004, 09:39 PM   #8
cordy_n_angel
Gunn and Harmony 4-Ever!

I hope to find the un-aired pilot online somewhere eventually just to see how she did with comedy. You never know, it could have been decent.

I'm now pulling for CC, but have we any confirmation that she's even tested for it?

~Nikki~
cordy_n_angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2004, 12:52 AM   #9
jerry

I just got to see the "Joey" pilot. Ashley was not particularly good, but she didn't stirke me as especially bad, either. I think her character was underwritten, and she wasn't able to make all that much out of lackluster material. Hopefully, whoever they cast in the part next, they will spend some more time defining the character.

OTOH, the show was otherwise quite funny, I thought. Thankfully, Matt LeBlanc and Drea DeMatteo work really well together. It's certianly not going to revolutionize television, but it does have the makings of a pretty enjoyable half hour.
jerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2004, 03:40 PM   #10
Kika
An Endless Repetition

I watched the pilot last night and did find it enjoyable. I have to agree with Jerry that Matt LeBlanc and Drea De Matteo work really well together and I did particularly like her character.

I can't say I had any objections to Ashley Scott but then her screen time was pretty limited and she didn't have very much to do when she was there.
Kika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2004, 09:40 PM   #11
Wravyn
Pseudo-Superhero

Quote:
Originally Posted by cordy_n_angel
I hope to find the un-aired pilot online somewhere eventually just to see how she did with comedy. You never know, it could have been decent.

I'm now pulling for CC, but have we any confirmation that she's even tested for it?
If there'd be any information, it'd be on charisma-carpenter.com, but there's no news of her testing. This is going to remain wishful thinking, I suspect, unless the Strangers or the rest of her fan base get the word out.
A little bit thicker, a little bit harmful for me

ring a ding ding: art...and the like.
Wravyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2004, 08:04 AM   #12
Kate

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaLa247
On a related note, I just told my cousin that Ashley Scott had been let go as the female lead/love interest on Joey and that the part was being recast, and her first comment was "Oh, Charisma Carpenter should try out."

Keri Russell is rumored to be one of the choices for Ashley Scott's replacement on JOEY.

Last edited by Kate; 07-18-2004 at 11:11 AM.
Kate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2004, 10:03 AM   #13
Morrigan
Who Da Man?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kate
Keri is rumored to be one of the choices for Ashley Scott's replacement on JOEY.
Who? Does Keri have a last name or is she like Cher?
Old 07-18-2004, 11:10 AM   #14
Kate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morrigan
Who? Does Keri have a last name or is she like Cher?
Kerri Russell (Felicity)
Kate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2004, 12:45 AM   #15
Gabriella
Until we bleed...

I really hope CC tries out - she did say she was interested in half hour slots, and I think she'd be really good for the role.

Was the idea of her testing already put up at CC.com? Because that way she's more likely to hear about it...

A passionate 'ship is always about the person you want to BE hooking up with the person you want to SCREW - samluvharrison

Charisma's Bitch #186~Team Cordy #186~Gutter Gal #186

She acts like summer and walks like rain
Gabriella is offline   Reply With Quote