Register Control Panel Search FAQ/Help/Guide Memberlist Forum Calendar The Stranger Things Store Home Stranger Things Home

Go Back   Stranger Things Forum > Main > Charisma Carpenter
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-14-2004, 03:31 PM   #16
Emmangel
Administrator

Damn, how many days do we have left to find out if it gets picked up? Six days? It's too long a wait dammit.

I really can't wait to find out if it gets picked up, though at the same time I'm going to dread clicking on the thread in case it doesn't.
Old 05-14-2004, 03:38 PM   #17
Platypus
The Pointy End

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penny Century
(MY POWERS OF POSITIVE THINKING ARE REAL!!! DO NOT MOCK THEM!!!!1111!)
No mocking here. I'm furiously sending positive, happy vibes to UPN - with just a tiny little undercurrent of "if you know what's good for ya".

[Inside Joke]Perhaps we could do our own little version of "We have Faith!"[/Inside Joke] Only, you know, more meaningful and achieving actual positive results.

Thanks Biblio!

Tact is just not saying true stuff. I'll pass.
Platypus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2004, 03:39 PM   #18
Morrigan
Who Da Man?!

I will be on vacation next week, I so hope I come back to good news. Keep up the positive thinking Penny and Platy. The powers of this board are great indeed, let's use them for good this time instead of evil.
Old 05-14-2004, 03:42 PM   #19
Emmangel
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morrigan
The powers of this board are great indeed, let's use them for good this time instead of evil.
But just this one right?

Cos reputation to uphold and all that...
Old 05-14-2004, 03:51 PM   #20
Penny Century
Rich girl, superhero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmangel
I really can't wait to find out if it gets picked up, though at the same time I'm going to dread clicking on the thread in case it doesn't.
Well, I imagine the thread title is gonna say something like CCs SHOW IZ PIKKEDE UP YAY!!!11111 at any rate. No clicking required.
Old 05-14-2004, 03:59 PM   #21
Emmangel
Administrator

Quote:
Well, I imagine the thread title is gonna say something like CCs SHOW IZ PIKKEDE UP YAY!!!11111 at any rate. No clicking required.
Good lord, I hope not. I'd run away screaming never to return.

See, if it was me I'd post something netural, then add the sad post smilie just to freak everyone out. But I'm like that.
Old 05-14-2004, 05:42 PM   #22
cordy_n_angel
Gunn and Harmony 4-Ever!

I'm trying my best to not get all excited about this because with UPN you never know, it's almost like Fox in the way of canning shows that don't instantly hit it big. Look at that one show "As If" that aired like two yrs back, it was canned after two episodes I believe.

I want CC to do well, but I don't want her first attempt at a sitcom to fail miserably either.

Besides, if "Cats and Dogs" doesn't get picked up, we have CC guest starring on lots of things to look forward to. I love seeing her in new roles every couple of months, it lets us all see her range of acting skills.

So really, either way I'm going to be okay I guess.

~Nikki~
cordy_n_angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2004, 06:01 PM   #23
Prima
I have no idea...

Quote:
Well, I imagine the thread title is gonna say something like CCs SHOW IZ PIKKEDE UP YAY!!!11111 at any rate.
Ya know, at first I read that as "CCs HED IZ PASTED ON YAY!!!11111".

Oh...how it seems to permeate.

Quote:
See, if it was me I'd post something netural, then add the sad post smilie just to freak everyone out. But I'm like that.
And they say I'm mean.

"...speculating on the sadomasochistic dominance games of the White House staff is always more interesting and topical than shipper wars." --Cordy's Bitch

"OMG GOD HATES ME BECAUSE HE DIDN'T MAKE JESUS/PETER CANON! I'M QUITTING THIS FANDOM, AND I AM TOTALLY NOT FINISHING REVELATIONS!" --latara
Prima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2004, 06:05 PM   #24
ehab
Perpetually Confused

Everything today is giving me a giggle.
ehab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2004, 06:46 PM   #25
SamIAm
It's all about Cordy.

Quote:
Or y'all could let me start the thread. Apparently, I've got a reputation for causing depression over the most benign news.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cordy_n_angel
I want CC to do well, but I don't want her first attempt at a sitcom to fail miserably either.
Getting the pilot made is already success when compared to the hundreds of specs that don't make it. Getting it on air for thirteen episodes is huge, even if the ratings are flat. Whether it's picked up or not, or lasts an entire season, at this point CC's in a better position than she was last year at this time.

That said, I too want to see it hit out of the park.

Last edited by SamIAm; 05-14-2004 at 06:49 PM.
SamIAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2004, 09:50 PM   #26
cordy_n_angel
Gunn and Harmony 4-Ever!

I think that most people actually like Charisma and once they could see her in a good role, they will take notice. She could be America's Sweetheart or something.

~Nikki~
cordy_n_angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2004, 09:55 PM   #27
Emmangel
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prima
Ya know, at first I read that as "CCs HED IZ PASTED ON YAY!!!11111"..
Hee, that tote bag is *so* mine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prima
And they say I'm mean.
LOL, you are, don't worry! I however am just plain evil. Seriously, my friends hate me for what I put them though. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamIAm
Or y'all could let me start the thread. Apparently, I've got a reputation for causing depression over the most benign news.
LOL. hmm, I think we could also wind people up more by acting all down about the news, then hide the actual news in spoiler font, and tell them that you couldn't face posting it straight out.

They'd kill us, but it's okay. I know where they live.
Old 05-14-2004, 10:46 PM   #28
Bibliophile

Ready or Not, Here Come Fall Lineups
Quote:
Pilots with good buzz: Kevin Hill, a drama starring Taye Diggs (and produced by Mel Gibson) as a playboy attorney who suddenly has to raise his brother's infant daughter; Play Nice, a sitcom starring Charisma Carpenter (Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Angel); and The Bad Girl's Guide, a comedy starring Jenny McCarthy and based on The Bad Girl's Guide books by Cameron Tuttle.