Register Control Panel Search FAQ/Help/Guide Memberlist Forum Calendar The Stranger Things Store Home Stranger Things Home

Go Back   Stranger Things Forum > Main > Charisma Carpenter
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-07-2004, 12:39 AM   #61
Freakface
Who's Your Daddy?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penny Century
Plus Craig talking about Play Nice in more than passing and as if it's a done deal. Nice positivity points!

And on that tip, apparently everyone will know in 10 days whether it's a go for fall. Plus the title may change, as there seems to be a cartoon with the same name.
I hope to have vids from the show... my cable crapped out on me for the first 30 sec... but (and I'm gonna sound like a woman) I love her long hair... I still wished Craig put her first or have the interview longer...

He also did plug her appearence on The Division. More Charisma...

I have looked at the darkness of the world, and all I see is the light of humanity - Unknown

Come check out my blog: http://freakfaceusacelebpics.blogspot.com/
Freakface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004, 12:42 AM   #62
Cordy's Bitch
Not amused

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freakface
I still wished Craig put her first or have the interview longer...
That was never a possibility with Mary Tyler Moore on the same show, but to me, that's not a bad thing because between Tarantino and Mary Tyler Moore, that's a pretty good bill to be on.
"Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair. Or fuckin' beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Till then you've got a lot more punishment in store. So stand it like a man, and give some back."
Cordy's Bitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004, 12:51 AM   #63
sometimes tactless
No White Flag

I thought Charisma was wonderful tonight. Despite being put on the spot a little bit (CK claimed to not have looked at the PB pictures and saved them until she was present), she was very poised and a good sport about it. Plus, she looked amazing (no shock there, the woman is incredibly beautiful).
Old 05-07-2004, 12:52 AM   #64
Bibliophile

I usually find Kilborn painful to watch but I enjoyed the entire show tonight. Charisma looked fabulous and I love her hair. I love that he brought up the MTM/CC comparison and he managed the Playboy part of the interview without acting like an overgrown frat boy. If CC's pilot gets picked up, I'd love to see MTM as her grandmother or great-aunt. I never noticed until tonight that they have very similar smiles. Now I want a CC video to the Mary Tyler Moore Show theme song.
Old 05-07-2004, 01:05 AM   #65
Kit

Quote:
Originally Posted by sometimes tactless
(CK claimed to not have looked at the PB pictures and saved them until she was present)

Pfft! He SO totally looked at them before the interview...he marked the pages and everything! Although he did show the pictures...he's kinda nice about it. I loved the fact that he called Playboy "wholesome".

The interview is too short! I would've loved to hear more about The Division. I also liked how he assumed that "Play Nice" was a done deal. Let's all cross our fingers.

CC looked good. I just loved her hair! That dress was so short my mom and I were screaming "NO!!! Don't do it!" when Craig told her to twirl around. Luckily she didn't do it. I know this was mentioned before but that woman has great legs.

"Never continue in a job you don't enjoy. If you're happy in what you're doing, you'll like yourself, you'll have inner peace. And if you have that, along with physical health, you will have had more success than you could possibly have imagined." - Johnny Carson
Kit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004, 01:09 AM   #66
Freakface
Who's Your Daddy?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kit
I know this was mentioned before but that woman has great legs.
Not to mention great body, great chest, great butt, great face, great hair, great personality... in other words: PERFECT!!!!!!!!!!

I have looked at the darkness of the world, and all I see is the light of humanity - Unknown

Come check out my blog: http://freakfaceusacelebpics.blogspot.com/
Freakface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004, 01:31 AM   #67
MrPresident

Wow, Charisma was stunning, Those legs... Just, WOW! Aww, I love Charisma. My damn VCR didnt record the first 15 minutes. I hate it! But god damn, Charisma looks gorgeous.
MrPresident is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004, 02:52 AM   #68
Emmangel
Administrator

Pictures? Downloads? Full review?

*begs*
Old 05-07-2004, 03:27 AM   #69
Fenchurch
I heart big swords.

Yay, she was so cute and she looked so fantastic.

Get cheeky.

Gutter Gal #24, PimpAss Stalker Whore #24, Charisma's Biotch #24, Fred Fanatic #24, Team Cordy #160 and Official LOTR Clone Maker
Fenchurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004, 03:57 AM   #70
k8316

she looked amazing!! i just love her smile. it's so good to see her on tv. when they came back to MTM after the break i was walking into the room and i said "she looks like CC." i'm happy. just wasnt long enough, but than agian she could have been on the whole hour and i would probably be saying the same thing.
Old 05-07-2004, 05:54 AM   #71
Platypus
The Pointy End

I stayed up to watch, but was too tired to take much in or comment. I did think she looked fabulous - her whole look last night reminded me of the way she looked in Heartthrob, except I would guess her hair is about 2 inches longer.

Gotta go with the crowd and say "Yikes!" to the woman's legs - she must have been working out something fierce this last year, because I don't think she's ever look so toned/cut. I thought the dress was cute, but not my personal style.

No one has mentioned this, so... She talked a bit about why she did the "Playboy" shoot and said it was very liberating at this time in her life to be able to challenge herself to do it, and that she was very comfortable with the shots and was comfortable while posing. She said she did it "now" as opposed to earlier in her career because she feels confident that she has enough television exposure behind her that it feels like it will be "Charisma doing Playboy", and not that Playboy would define her. She also mentioned that the timing is, in part, her way of letting everyone (I assume that means Hollywood?) know that "I'm back". Personally, I took that to mean that she felt she needed to combat an image of being pregnant and/or not in shape, but that could just be me. According to CC, she's been training hard since after the baby, and went on a strict diet about a month before the photos were shot.

That's all I can remember, as it was quite brief. She seemed happy though, and looked good. The bobble-head covering her butt shot was amusing.

Tact is just not saying true stuff. I'll pass.
Platypus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004, 07:17 AM   #72
Morrigan
Who Da Man?!

I taped it and watched it this morning. I thought it was a very good interview, she actually had more time then I thought she would with MTM and QT on the same show.

Some very postitive comments from CK about "Play Nice" almost as if it was a done deal, I liked the way she pimped the pilot and let everyone know that they were hoping it would be picked up. Maybe that will get the pilot some attention? I know Christine Lahti was on Regis and Kelly last week pimping a pilot she shot.

Loved the direct MTM reference and the picture from Cordy with CC holding the hat on her head, that whole things screamed MTM.

Her legs were amazing, it's unbelievable how tone she's gotten. Wow! I liked the dress, it looked really cute on her and what little I saw of the back was very tight around her butt (no wonder she didn't want to spin). It's not something I could ever pull off but she looked fantastic in it.

Loved that CK pimped the Playboy shoot and asked her for her reasons and thoughts behind doing the shoot. I took her comments the same way Platy did so, just a big WORD to what's posted above.

I haven't watched CK since he left The Daily Show but I'm glad he's still doing the 5 questions
Old 05-07-2004, 08:10 AM   #73
jenny
Take That ME!

CC looked absolutely beautiful last night, as usual, lol. And I thought the interview was great! Just wish it had been longer. I was a bit apprehensive myself when CK announced he would look at the pictures in front of CC for the first time, but he handled it very well. Very respectful.
Charisma's Bitch #78 / Team Cordy #206

As Cordy goes, so goes my nation!

"Watch as ME insults every fanbase, no matter who they are- next week on the WB!" - LaLa247
jenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004, 08:54 AM   #74
samluvsharrison
...or someone's in fun

That was a really gorgeous...err...long shirt Charisma was wearing

No, actually, of course she looked great. And the MTM parallel was fab...I mean Charisma came out and embodied "perky". She just seems really happy.
Charisma's Bitch #3.6|Shiny Happy Person #3.14159265|Fred Fanatic #Pi|Team Cordy™ #135
samluvsharrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004, 09:26 AM   #75
Penny Century
Rich girl, superhero

A few more small details:

Practically the first thing Craig said when she came out was "Mary Tyler Moore is here tonight," to which CC responded, "I know! I'm so excited!" It was pretty cute to watch her have a fangirl moment over MTM, especially when Craig slid right into the direct comparison (complete, as noted, with a still from the Cordy! faux-credits of CC "having a Mary Tyler Moore moment" -- Craig's own words).

As Platy has noted, the Playboy discussion was actually rather substantial. CC did confirm that she felt more comfortable posing for them than she had for many shoots that hadn't involved any nudity. Craig brought up the fact that they'd asked her to pose before, and she said that this time she took it in part as a challenge to "see how fast I could get it back." Craig's response was "It? You mean the killer body?" (CC: "Well, um...thank you!")

Craig also used the word "wholesome" more than once to describe Playboy or CC's appearance in it, which seemed kind of odd until he showed her photos on camera (he too zeroed in on the shot of her looking over her shoulder as a particular favorite). It was interesting that he chose to demonstrate, even indirectly, that with a couple of strategically placed fingers -- or in one case, a strategically placed Lakers bobblehead -- he could make all those photos fit for TV broadcast. He also described them as "tasteful" (as well as "beautiful" and "really well lit"). CC mentioned that Russell James, the photographer, had made his name doing the Victoria's Secret catalogs, so "he really knows his way around the female anatomy."

I thought it was funny that Craig mentioned CC's husband was at the Playboy shoot and asked "What did he say?" CC: "'Put your robe back on.'"

AtS was mentioned only once, when Craig ID'ed the Cordy! still (although one wonders to whom CC was referring when she confirmed that a "former boss" used to compare her to MTM). He went straight into the Play Nice discussion after that -- and as I've said, I'd like to think CC's appearance on a CBS talk show 10 days before CBS' corporate little brother makes a decision about her pilot is a good portent.