Register Control Panel Search FAQ/Help/Guide Memberlist Forum Calendar The Stranger Things Store Home Stranger Things Home

Go Back   Stranger Things Forum > Main > Movie Mania!
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-22-2008, 08:30 PM   #76
starbuck42084
Vision Girl

Just got home from seeing it and I have to say with the exception of a few WTF moments (particularly the last 15 minutes), it didn't disappoint. And can I just say, that Shia LaBeouf rocked?

And Indiana Jones is still a BAMF.

"Ahem. Ladies is pimps too. Go'on brush your shoulders off."

I survive on the breath you are finished with...
starbuck42084 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 03:46 PM   #77
jerry

I just caught a matinee, and liked it a lot. It doesn't really measure up to "Raiders", but really, I didn't think the other two films did, either. To some extent, it skates along on the accumulated goodwill of Indy and Harrison Ford, but it does so successfully. And I thought it kept the George Lucas-induced cringeworthy dialogue to a minimum, which is always a good thing. And it was great to see Karen Allen again.
jerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2008, 09:42 PM   #78
Morrigan
Who Da Man?!

Ready to geek out with you Penny!

I just got back from seeing the movie and I totally loved it, I know that there are some legitimate complaints but I couldn't tell you what they are. This was a good old fashioned movie and reminded me why I loved Raiders and Indy. It was entertaining, action packed, funny and sweet (I adore Indy and Marion).

I think the best compliment I can give this movie is that it made me feel like a kid all over again, I want to grow up and be Indiana Jones.
Old 05-24-2008, 11:40 PM   #79
Penny Century
Rich girl, superhero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morrigan View Post
Ready to geek out with you Penny!
I actually went to see it again today. Geek dance of joy!
Old 05-26-2008, 05:04 PM   #80
SamIAm
It's all about Cordy.

A drinking game based on references to other Lucas/Spielberg movies found in this movie would condemn you to alcoholism.

It was neat; just exactly what you expect from an IJ flick. What more can you ask of a franchise?
Old 05-26-2008, 05:29 PM   #81
Penny Century
Rich girl, superhero

As an aside, did anyone else see Marco Andretti (Mario's grandson) run the 500 yesterday in, literally, an Indy Car?
Old 05-26-2008, 06:11 PM   #82
Morrigan
Who Da Man?!

Sadly, I missed the Indy 500.

As far as the movie goes, stay away from the IMDb boards, they are nit-picking the movie to death.
Old 05-26-2008, 08:23 PM   #83
Penny Century
Rich girl, superhero

Variety reports the movie had the second-biggest domestic Memorial Day opening in history and a worldwide opening weekend of $311.1 million.
Old 05-27-2008, 09:07 AM   #84
Morrigan
Who Da Man?!

Wow, that's a lot of $.

BTW - Has anyone heard about people protesting the fact the USSR/KGB were portrayed as the bad guys? My mom said she saw it on the news but I haven't heard anything about it.
Old 05-27-2008, 09:20 AM   #85
SamIAm
It's all about Cordy.

Indiana Jones makes Russian communists see red.

Even after 60 years, they resort to that headline. Of course, it's well known that commies have no sense of humor.

I get iMDB's point; there's a lot to pick here, and almost none of it even descends to nit-pick. But if you can't appreciate the Indiana Jones-ishness of it, how could you even have survived Raiders, let alone get to a fourth movie?
Old 05-27-2008, 10:13 AM   #86
Lovin' Lorne
Too Hot For Words

Quote:

As far as the movie goes, stay away from the IMDb boards, they are nit-picking the movie to death.

They're not the only ones. You'd think the internet was only used for complaining, wouldn't you?

Darrin's Sideshow Collectables board is doing the same thing. Although most people seem to think it was an enjoyable movie and a plesant way to spend an afternoon, ( 71.76% positive) there are some who think they'll need to see it at least three more times to form an opinion ( ) or have flat out deemed it a miserable mess.

To each his/her own.

Where's Blue? Please help if you can.
Lovin' Lorne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 10:37 AM   #87
Penny Century
Rich girl, superhero

Quote:
Sadly, I missed the Indy 500.
It wasn't a very fast one. There were like seven cautions, and at least two crashes under caution. Andretti Green had a star-crossed day, even with Marco's third-place finish (if he'd been able to get out from behind his own teammate Castroneves a little earlier, he might have beaten Dixon).

And of course, Danica Patrick DNF'ed because Ryan Briscoe clipped her in the pit lane and broke her left rear A-arm. I was almost as mad as she was.

But still, there were some cool photos to come out of it - here's one (on topic!) of Andretti's Indy Car.
Old 05-27-2008, 05:44 PM   #88
Morrigan
Who Da Man?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamIAm View Post
Thanks for the link. I personally loved the comment about how the Soviet Union wasn't running around American in 1957 with crystal skulls trying to start wars. Seriously? Never heard of a fictional story
Old 06-10-2008, 07:10 PM   #89
LadyFireHorse
mmmmmmmm bathtime

NO imagination and NO sense of humor......glad I don't live in Russia. Of course where I live isn't much better! I'm still waiting for Indy to be released up here in North Butt Frick Egypt...also known as north eastern Pennsylvania

"Be who you are, say what you think because those who mind don't matter and those who matter, don't mind..." Dr. Seuss
LadyFireHorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 08:39 PM   #90
LadyFireHorse
mmmmmmmm bathtime

Hate to post after myself but in all fairness is has been 11 days!! I FINALLY get to do the geek dance of joy and what a dance it is. The movie was great and Ford was the best....like he'd never taken the hat off in all these years. He moved the same, acted the same. Time does nothing to that man. What can I say he's STILL my Indy

"Be who you are, say what you think because those who mind don't matter and those who matter, don't mind..." Dr. Seuss
LadyFireHorse is offline   Reply With Quote