Register Control Panel Search FAQ/Help/Guide Memberlist Forum Calendar The Stranger Things Store Home Stranger Things Home

Go Back   Stranger Things Forum > Main > The Cordyverse
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-29-2003, 11:09 AM   #106
LaLa247
Wooo!

lol "Baby doll"?

I just enjoyed that scene between Angel and Cordy in the hospital because he seriously got choked up when he was telling her he needed her back. He was about to cry (Aww).

And Lindsey...I miss Lindsey. Don't miss Lilah so much.
Charisma's Bitch #1

"Treat everyone the same until you find out they're an idiot." -- Lucy Lawless

President Bush DID have a sure fire plan to end the war in Iraq, However Chuck Norris was busy that day.
LaLa247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2003, 07:13 PM   #107
QueenC
All.About.Her...

Quote:
Originally posted by Dannyblue
And here's a trivia question? Exactly how many, "Angel at Cordy's bedside" scenes have there been anyway?
OK, well, we have Expecting, TSILA, TVT, Offspring, Birthday, RoF...

I know I'm probably missing some. Anyone else?

Lori

Charisma's Bitch #118
QueenC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2003, 08:17 PM   #108
brahmsviolin

I haven't caught any of the reruns until today - Angel and the gang's first intro to Caritas. What I had forgotten is that Lorne, of then, was flamboyent, but also seemed to be a lot wiser than he ultimately became. It seems to me they shifted more to the laughs and let go some of Lorne's smarts.
Team Cordy #172
brahmsviolin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2003, 10:54 PM   #109
tojoson

one thing bugged me, when angel and cordy were talking about angel seeing the light at the end of the tunnel, and cordy says he will make it, then she says' and i'll be with you to the end', well, cordy doesn't lie, but jos made a liar out of her.
Old 10-30-2003, 05:38 AM   #110
Darla
I'm just visiting...

Quote:
Originally posted by tojoson
one thing bugged me, when angel and cordy were talking about angel seeing the light at the end of the tunnel, and cordy says he will make it, then she says' and i'll be with you to the end', well, cordy doesn't lie, but jos made a liar out of her.
That's what I've been saying all along... *sighs* And Cordelia Chase may be a lot of things... but not a liar. ("Tact is not saying true stuff. I'll pass." says it all, doesn't it?)
Darla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2003, 12:05 PM   #111
rolandro

Cordy telling Doyle 'Secrets are bad!' after she slaps him. That AMAZING smile when she tells him to ask her out.

Cordy at the breakfast table telling Wes that after a hard night's work of fighting evil they get eggs. The little family scene. The simple fact Angel honors her by cooking, he's grateful for her help and (unexpected) friendship, Cordy's girlish enthusiasm as she eats.

Cordy playing Angel and Wes about allowing a producer to let him impregnate her with his demon master's seed to get a role in his commercial, and then telling them that she absolutely trusts them with her life - and this was new for her! (Which is more than one can say for her creator. . . but we don't go there). This scene really clued me into who she was on many levels. Playful. Strong. Funny. Grateful - but most of all, a very lonely girl. At least until this point in her life.

Shansu - freaking ALL of it (Okay- I've got the DVDs)
rolandro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2003, 12:43 PM   #112
rolandro

Quote:
Originally posted by tojoson
Thanks, tojoson. I knew she said that, somewhere! And that really bugs me, too, that she's been so badly mistreated. Also . . . I've been thinking about this for awhile, but it's like she was the first person to tell him he was good because he was good, and not just doing good because he had so much to atone for (or that he was a soulmate). She was his first bright light, the one that clued him in to the possibility he could actually be redeemed and 'shanshued'.
Old 11-05-2003, 01:00 PM   #113
Dannyblue
a.k.a. Danielle

rolandro, you hit a lot of the hit many of the high points for me. I'm one of those people who wasn't the biggest Cordy fan in the world, and absolutely did not want her on AtS. The character started winning me over in "City Of", and kept winning me over a little more every episode until, by TSILA, she was one of my favorite characters (it was always a toss-up between her and Angel) on AtS or BtVS. And that's because we kept getting glimpses of who she really was behind the tactless comments and and self-centered attitude. She was kind, caring, smart (if I read another fic where the writer implies she's dumb likes it's a proven fact...) dedicated, and strong.

I really don't understand those people who just can't understand how she changed so much. When someone says that, I just assume they can't have watched season 1 or 2, because the natural growth of her character is all right there and makes perfect sense.

And now that I've been able to see all of season one for the first time since it aired on the WB, I'm a happy camper.
Old 11-06-2003, 12:53 AM   #114
rolandro

Cordy was not dumb

When Cordy was a Scooby she admits she's pretty good at standardized tests. Her SATs get her into, among other places, Columbia. No, Cordy was not a ditz. HOWEVER, in BtVS, being a brain wasn't an advantage to being the head Cordette. "I'm good at hiding that." she says, although I'm probably paraphrasing here.

People forget that Cordy was reliable as a Scooby (she had that nice car) - and did a fair amount of ass-kissing towards Willow, poster child for uncoolness, while she was dating Xander.

I was thinking about the eggs tag again. I was wondering how many times she fell asleep at that table before Wes appeared on the scene. How many times she got up and left, leaving sleeping Angel with his chin on his chest and his finger in his book, or maybe Angel setting her up with a pillow and blanket on the couch. Dozens of times, waking up there, fully clothed and unbitten. That simple scene, Cordy hungry as a horse (didn't you just want to spoon feed that mouth?), filling Wes in about life with Angel, was a beautiful moment. And when did I get to be an old softee?
Old 11-06-2003, 01:00 AM   #115
rolandro

Buried the lead - AGAIN!

Oh for, chrissakes, that's what Maker's Mark at 10:30 at night will do to me. What I wanted to say up there was, Cordy's sarcasm was altogether too sharp to come from the mouth of a person of even ordinary intellect. It was the first clue that nothing gets past this person. DO NOT MESS WITH HER.

I had a better way to say this, too. Another drink, and I think I'll have it!
Old 11-06-2003, 06:00 PM   #116
LaLa247
Wooo!

Tonight's ep was "Darla".

I love this ep (Mainly 'cause I liked Darla).

And it still cracks me up when Gunn is calmly eating that sandwich while explaining that he and Wes broke into Darla's apartment; and when Darla smacks Angelus' chest after he laughs at Dru calling her "grandma".

The flashbacks were very good, and are something I miss about the show.
Charisma's Bitch #1

President Bush DID have a sure fire plan to end the war in Iraq, However Chuck Norris was busy that day.
Old 11-07-2003, 10:29 AM   #117
Dannyblue
a.k.a. Danielle

Ah, "Darla".

This wasn't the episode that made me a C/Aer; that process began in season 1, with me refusing to notice. But it was dring "Darla" that I admitted, for the first time, that I was a C/Aer. (Although I didn't know I was admitting I was a C/Aer, because I wasn't on the 'Net at the time and didn't know that's what we were called.) It was during "Darla" that I finally jumped out of denial and fully embraced the fact that I wanted Cordy and Angel to be a couple. Then what happened? The Beige Arc! Grrrrr!

Anyway, it's fun re-watching "Darla" and remembering my "epiphany".

And that moment! "You're not alone," Cordy says. And Angel just looks at her for a looooooong time. Even when Wesley starts talking, Angel's attention is still on Cordelia.

Melty, melty.
Old 11-07-2003, 04:49 PM   #118
LaLa247
Wooo!

Tonight's "The Shroud of Rahmon".

I LOVE Angel's reaction to Cordy's hair. He just seemed so damn pleased with it- very pleasantly surprised (Although it took him ten days to notice it).

Gunn punching Angel and telling him not to hit him again just made me laugh.

Finally, I stopped paying attention about half into the ep (Never caught it the first time around, and have yet to watch it on DVD)- why is Cordy acting all weird with her teeth and the dummy?
Charisma's Bitch #1

Old 11-07-2003, 05:45 PM   #119
SamIAm
It's all about Cordy.

Quote:
Originally posted by LaLa247
why is Cordy acting all weird with her teeth and the dummy?
Nothing was ever offered as a reason. "Just because."
Old 11-07-2003, 06:25 PM   #120
LaLa247
Wooo!

Quote:
Originally posted by SamIAm
Nothing was ever offered as a reason. "Just because."
So, it wasn't the shroud? We should just assume she got high beforehand?
Charisma's Bitch #1