Register Control Panel Search FAQ/Help/Guide Memberlist Forum Calendar The Stranger Things Store Home Stranger Things Home

Go Back   Stranger Things Forum > Main > The Cordyverse
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-22-2006, 03:03 PM   #1
v120176

Angel Old Friends #5

Here's one of the covers for this later comic book:

And here's the IDW description

Quote:
As Angel: Old Friends screams to a finale, expectations are shattered once again. Can Angel even trust those he's closest to? Who's behind the rash of appearances of those he once knew? The vampire with a soul needs to wrap up his twistiest case yet, before he's left completely on his own—or worse! Written by Angel novelist and comics writer Jeff Mariotte (Angel: The Curse), with full art and colors once again provided by David Messina (Angel: The Curse).
This is released in March

Can anyone say if there's some Cordy (for the cover) and what it's about?
v120176 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 03:09 PM   #2
Trillian
Too orangey for crows

I'm still waiting for my number 5 to come through, but Cordy turned up right at the end of 4 and saved Angel, Gunn & Spike but obviously there are some whopping huge doubts that it's actually her.
Old 03-22-2006, 03:36 PM   #3
Mr.Brightside
Queen Charisma...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trillian
I'm still waiting for my number 5 to come through, but Cordy turned up right at the end of 4 and saved Angel, Gunn & Spike but obviously there are some whopping huge doubts that it's actually her.
Do they explain how she comes back?

"I grow up in Quor Toth....A Hell Dimension"
"Full of all sorts of things that you can't even imagine"

Mr.Brightside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 04:02 PM   #4
omg angel

Hey, where can you buy these books? I think I'd be interested.
omg angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 04:23 PM   #5
Mr.Brightside
Queen Charisma...

Quote:
Originally Posted by omg angel
Hey, where can you buy these books? I think I'd be interested.
Comic stores, if you have any near you. I think they sell them online to, try checking Amazon.com.

"I grow up in Quor Toth....A Hell Dimension"
"Full of all sorts of things that you can't even imagine"

Mr.Brightside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 04:45 PM   #6
omg angel

Thanks. Are there like, particular series by different authors?
omg angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 04:59 PM   #7
v120176

Jeff Mariotte is the author of all the series.
He said on an interview that his favorite character was Cordelia, since that my interest in this.
v120176 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 06:11 PM   #8
nodakskip

I just read the last one. Number 5, and I have to say for me it was a let down.

Spoilers for those who want to know, even know its been out for a week or so now. Highlight to read.
We saw Cordy in the exact same outfit from when she vanished out of Angels office in season 5. She 'saves' Angel, Gunn, and Spike. Angel has a 'could this be her' moment. Spike says shes a fake and tells Angel to let him deal with her since he doesnt have a history with her. Cordy makes a Cordy like insult to him but Angel says hes going to be the one. Cordy says its her but Angel doesnt trust it and puts her insome kind of hold and she goes up in some kind of orange flame.

Then the guys find the hideout of the bad guy and its some pissed off guy who worked with Knox. He has a cloning lab and has been making all the Angel gang copies to screw with the guy who cost him (Angel).

In the end Angel has the roof scene like in the first ep of Angel where he says there are people who need help down there, lets get to work.

To be honest it was just another Joss type plot. A big let down. I think Jeff was limited to what he could do since Joss is a control freak. But I will say it could launch a new series of comics... Angel, Gunn, and Spike help the helpless again. Then Angel can find another girl that he will see as his 'Soulmate' and Cordy will be pushed aside.

Thats why I never got into Cordy/Angel. I can see them as good friends but yet Angel is just like Liam (his human self) was. He goes for the first girl. He was in Sunnydale to help Buffy, and he falls for her and they have this drawn out doomed romance. He leaves her... and falls for Cordy who he should know better then to have those feelings since he just left Buffy for the same reasons he would have had to leave Cordy. And as soon as Cordy was dead... Well then Angel starts to like Nina.

Wonder what the next girlfriend is going to be? Its like Sam on SG1. She is called the Black Widow because all but one of her show boyfriends get killed off.
Old 04-26-2006, 08:51 PM   #9
Childe of Blade

Christ, just another f*cking way for Joss to tear Cordy's history apart.

The theme seems to be "Forget about Cordy permanently" so you can focus on the mission.

Oe at least until the b*tch of Rome decides when her friggin' cookies are done baking.

Last edited by Childe of Blade; 04-26-2006 at 09:23 PM.
Childe of Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006, 09:39 AM   #10
Clarice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Childe of Blade
Christ, just another f*cking way for Joss to tear Cordy's history apart.

The theme seems to be "Forget about Cordy permanently" so you can focus on the mission.

Oe at least until the b*tch of Rome decides when her friggin' cookies are done baking.
Yeah -____- I hate this s*it
When I read the number 4 I was so happy thinking "finally a story with Angel and Cordy together at the end". Then I read the last comic and I would like to rip everything ç___ç
Clarice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 11:11 PM   #11
jerry

Unfortunately, the Angel comics really have not been at all successful at transforming AtS into an ongoing comic property - they still feel like tie-in novels in graphic form, that don't really have the freedom to change anything that matters. Which makes them not really worth reading.
jerry is offline   Reply With Quote