Register Control Panel Search FAQ/Help/Guide Memberlist Forum Calendar The Stranger Things Store Home Stranger Things Home

Go Back   Stranger Things Forum > Main > Charisma Carpenter
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-03-2006, 09:59 PM   #61
Kika
An Endless Repetition

Shutterbug579 has updated her post here with more photos.
Kika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 10:35 PM   #62
LaLa247
Wooo!

Thanks for the pics, Kika!

Has Charisma gained weight? Granted, she still looked fabulous, the bitca...
Charisma's Bitch #1

"Treat everyone the same until you find out they're an idiot." -- Lucy Lawless

President Bush DID have a sure fire plan to end the war in Iraq, However Chuck Norris was busy that day.
LaLa247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 06:33 AM   #63
MissWera

CC is so beautiful.....and Nick look's good too! Thank's Kika
MissWera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 07:40 AM   #64
Morrigan
Who Da Man?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaLa247
Thanks for the pics, Kika!

Has Charisma gained weight? Granted, she still looked fabulous, the bitca...
She might have but I think she looks better this way. The pictures of her from last year or so, at the Playboy press thingy had her looking too thin (in the face).

Thanks for fixing the link Kika! Very cute pictures.

Now excuse me while I rant for 1 minute.

What the hell is going on with RomComs (and society), potraying "driven" or business women as bad, uptight, or bitches while the cute little "hometown" girl gets the guy?
Old 08-04-2006, 09:21 AM   #65
Penny Century
Rich girl, superhero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morrigan
What the hell is going on with RomComs (and society), potraying "driven" or business women as bad, uptight, or bitches while the cute little "hometown" girl gets the guy?
Yeah, it's not very subtle, is it? Whatever with that.
Old 08-04-2006, 11:15 AM   #66
Morrigan
Who Da Man?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penny Century
Yeah, it's not very subtle, is it? Whatever with that.
Nope, not at all
Old 08-04-2006, 11:52 AM   #67
tojoson

i know we have gone over this before, (posts 40-49 this thread), but i'm still hooping for CC to play the town girl

nobody says that the 'highly driven business consultant' can't be the town girl

i don't thimnk the fiance, (not living in the town, and knowing the family history) would care that much about the Gilbert Cup, but the town girl would

the town girl, is an old friend (not an old GIRL friend), but maybe turning into a NEW girl friend)

the fiance is sent home, but the pictures show CC (yellow jumpsuit) helping CG in the woods.

the producers of this movie are the same ones who did 'See Jane Date', and they didn't follow the crowd and have CC play a bitch with that movie, 9and i may be in the minority, but I don't necessarily think of a driven woman has to be a bitch, CC doesn't look like a bitch in the caps)

ashhh, well, we'll know in a month

the movie premiers on Labor day, bad day for tv viewing, (end of summer trips, partys and such, (probably not much of a rating impact), but at least it's on twice, and also the next day
Old 08-04-2006, 01:16 PM   #68
DamnSkippy

Quote:
Originally Posted by tojoson
i don't thimnk the fiance, (not living in the town, and knowing the family history) would care that much about the Gilbert Cup, but the town girl would
I thought the summary said the *fiance* was the one driven to win the cup and pushing him to do it. The story that the promo pics are telling me is that CC is the fiance. She seems to be meeting the parents (shaking hands) with them which, I doubt, the old friend would have to do assuming she would already know the parents. The fact that she's sitting with the rest of the women on the table tells me she's included in the family as a fiance would be. She's performing the tasks along with her husband-to-be probably because she's pushing him to win. Plus, the posed pic with her back to him, arms crossed, and him cosying up with the other girl is the universal promo pic that says bitchy girl (CC) loses guy to sweet other girl.

Wasn't the old friend from town supposed to be more laid back and in sync with the guy who didn't really care about winning the cup? That tells me the friend *wouldn't* be in the pics with him actually competing.
DamnSkippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 01:29 PM   #69
tojoson

why do you guys always have to use logic to riun my dreams

ahh, well, i still have another month to hope that CC's character will be the winner here.
Old 08-04-2006, 01:47 PM   #70
Morrigan
Who Da Man?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamnSkippy
I thought the summary said the *fiance* was the one driven to win the cup and pushing him to do it. The story that the promo pics are telling me is that CC is the fiance. She seems to be meeting the parents (shaking hands) with them which, I doubt, the old friend would have to do assuming she would already know the parents. The fact that she's sitting with the rest of the women on the table tells me she's included in the family as a fiance would be. She's performing the tasks along with her husband-to-be probably because she's pushing him to win. Plus, the posed pic with her back to him, arms crossed, and him cosying up with the other girl is the universal promo pic that says bitchy girl (CC) loses guy to sweet other girl.

Wasn't the old friend from town supposed to be more laid back and in sync with the guy who didn't really care about winning the cup? That tells me the friend *wouldn't* be in the pics with him actually competing.
I think you just summed up the entire movie in a nut shell. Amazing how much you can tell from those pictures.

I have to admit, the only hope I find for this movie is for CC to end up with NB (assuming he's more of a driven character) and let the slacker ex-boyfriend get together with the slacker "hometown" girl. While CC/NB go off to the big city, create their own mega business and laugh happily when Mr. and Mrs. Slacker come to borrow money from their more successful siblings.
Old 08-04-2006, 02:55 PM   #71
nickletv

LMAO, those pics of Charisma and Nick should have the subtitle "Cordy and Xander in Sub-urbia"

My hope from this movie is that the CC/NB chemistry is still there, someone at the big four networks notices and goes after them both to star in their own sitcom. I could totally see them as a neurotic 30-something couple ala 'Mad About You' . Give those two a good vehicle, I'd bet money it'd see a second season.
nickletv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 02:57 PM   #72
Morrigan
Who Da Man?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickletv
My hope from this movie is that the CC/NB chemistry is still there, someone at the big four networks notices and goes after them both to star in their own sitcom. I could totally see them as a neurotic 30-something couple ala 'Mad About You' . Give those two a good vehicle, I'd bet money it'd see a second season.
As soon as you said, NB/CC as 30-something couple, Mad About You was the first thing I thought of. That would be a perfect vehicle for them.
Old 08-04-2006, 03:04 PM   #73
Penny Century
Rich girl, superhero

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickletv
I'd watch a show like that. Personally, I found the whole Cordy/Xander "'ship" (ew!) to be shrill, unfunny, and derivative as written and have always thought that more than any other Joe-verse pair, it was entirely down to the actors that it was successful at all. Showcase CC and NB without the shrill, unfunny, derivative dialogue, and you'd have a winner.
Old 08-04-2006, 05:18 PM   #74
Shadow4Corangela
owner of a lonely heart

Awwwww!! Those CC/NB pics are the cutest. Thanks for the pics toj and kika.

Dean Winchester: I hope your apple pie is freakin' worth it! ~Supernatural

Cordelia: I like 'David'. It's such a strong, masculine name. [pause] It just feels good in your mouth. ~ Angel
Shadow4Corangela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 07:12 PM   #75
Lovin' Lorne
Too Hot For Words

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaLa247
Has Charisma gained weight?
Dear Lord,

Please let me be as fat as Charisma Carpenter, and I promise that I will never ask for another thing.

LL

PS - Can I maybe also have her hair and her smile? Oh, and her cheekbones. But that's it. Thanks.

Okay, her butt as well, but that's really it.

Where's Blue? Please help if you can.
Lovin' Lorne is offline   Reply With Quote