Register Control Panel Search FAQ/Help/Guide Memberlist Forum Calendar The Stranger Things Store Home Stranger Things Home

Go Back   Stranger Things Forum > Main > Charisma Carpenter
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-24-2009, 10:31 AM   #16
Bryan
 
Bryan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: UK
Posts: 639
Quote:
Originally Posted by DamnSkippy View Post
What "Chosen" project? Was that after Angel?

This is show business. What a person says publically and what they might really feel can be vastly different things. Besides, during the time you're speaking of, Joss was the man behind the new "Wonder Woman" and CC desperately wanted to be cast in that. So, she played up to him, probably hugged and kissed when she ran into him at events, and basically sucked up like anyone would who wanted a part.

However, I think a small panel like this which isn't covered by TV Guide or other worldwide media is more telling of a person's real feelings. And she may have forgiven him, but I doubt she'll ever forget and she shouldn't. At least if she does ever work with him again, she'll be better prepared for the crappy things he's capable of doing.

ETA: Which video do they ask if they'd work with Joss again? Also, can anyone hear what CC says after she asked them how she dies (just before there's a big laugh)? She kinda mumbles what their answer was.
The "Buffy" round table discussion which was included on the "Chosen" DVD release.

Nobody knows what exactly went on - nor do they know Charisma's true feelings on the matter then or now. This all occurred some six years ago and should be left in the past. I come on this board to learn abount what Charisma is up to now - not read another rant about Joss Whedon.
Bryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 02:12 PM   #17
tojoson
 
tojoson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: st. clair shores, michigan usa
Posts: 4,450
From RGS80074 on her IMDB-PRO message board.

Quote:

she was in orlando this weekend with some other stars of buffy/angel.

i was lucky enough to met her and emma for a photo op and then went to the buffy q & a panel.

sadly did get any real one on one time but at these conventions i don't think you rarely do unless its real slow and they are bored.

what i will say is i never was real taken with her. yeah she was always very hot looking but nothing that really got to me.

well seeing her in person has made me change my mind. i have some pictures of her on my pc and nothing does her justice. in person she was beyond belief, perfection is all i can say.

she had her son with her which probably makes these conventions hard on her and him as well. i am sure his ideal day is not spending 8-10 hours at a convention watching others drool over getting to met his mother.

i now really fell compelled to watch her in anything she does, i am in love, not that us normal people have a chance with those of her status.

anyway good luck to her in everything she does.
Ahhh. another convert.
__________________
don't cry because it's over,
smile because it happened
tojoson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 03:42 PM   #18
Platypus
The Pointy End
 
Platypus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: The Cordyverse
Posts: 5,466
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
This all occurred some six years ago and should be left in the past. I come on this board to learn abount what Charisma is up to now - not read another rant about Joss Whedon.
That may be your reason, but that doesn't mean other people are not entitled to their own opinions about the matter. I happen to agree that a spontaneous, real-time, real-life reaction (like the kind actually captured on videotape) is a lot more telling about how she feels about the situation than a pre-staged DVD taping. And it seems to me that she still feels pretty devastated.

But either way... I wasn't going to say anything about it because I've long since stopped caring either way about anything related to Joss Whedon. I don't watch his shows or support him in any way, and never will, but I don't rant anymore either. But if someone else wants to talk about it, they should be entitled to.
__________________
Homer Simpson: Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.

Tact is just not saying true stuff. I'll pass.

Last edited by Platypus; 08-24-2009 at 03:47 PM.
Platypus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 03:51 PM   #19
Morrigan
Who Da Man?!
 
Morrigan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Garden State
Posts: 9,854
Hi Platy!

I'm still trying to figure out how I missed a Josh Rant? Did someone forget to use the RANT font again?
__________________
ME: Farking up all your good memories one character at a time ~ Prima
Morrigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 05:33 PM   #20
Bryan
 
Bryan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: UK
Posts: 639
Quote:
Originally Posted by Platypus View Post
That may be your reason, but that doesn't mean other people are not entitled to their own opinions about the matter. I happen to agree that a spontaneous, real-time, real-life reaction (like the kind actually captured on videotape) is a lot more telling about how she feels about the situation than a pre-staged DVD taping. And it seems to me that she still feels pretty devastated.

But either way... I wasn't going to say anything about it because I've long since stopped caring either way about anything related to Joss Whedon. I don't watch his shows or support him in any way, and never will, but I don't rant anymore either. But if someone else wants to talk about it, they should be entitled to.
I never for one moment suggested other people are not entitled to an opinion. I'm just suggesting that the past be left alone (unless some genuine news comes to light of course) and we all enjoy the present.
Bryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 07:20 PM   #21
DamnSkippy
 
DamnSkippy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Akron, OH
Posts: 4,895
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
The "Buffy" round table discussion which was included on the "Chosen" DVD release.

Nobody knows what exactly went on - nor do they know Charisma's true feelings on the matter then or now. This all occurred some six years ago and should be left in the past. I come on this board to learn abount what Charisma is up to now - not read another rant about Joss Whedon.
Thanks for the information.

However, I believe you took a few personal opinions way over the top. Nobody that I saw (including myself) was ranting.

I disagree that nobody knows what happened. It's been made very clear from interviews by both CC and Whedon what happened. She was fired and she wasn't informed she was being fired. She was asked to come back for one episode (because SMG wasn't available) and was told she wouldn't be killed off. After she signed, they then told her she would be killed. Those are facts. Maybe you consider them perfectly acceptable behaviors or that's the way the business is, but others would disagree.

But it's a matter of personal interpretation about whether there are still hard feelings there. If you want to interpret CC's facial expressions and tone of voice as meaning she's gotten over it, that's your opinion. Others can interpret the same expressions as something different and are certainly free to express that opinion.
DamnSkippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 10:59 PM   #22
Angela
Cake.....or death?
 
Angela's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Texas
Posts: 4,960
Just for the record, I don't give two hoots about anything Joss is or will be doing. But for some long-time Charisma fans, there are things that may never be forgotten. And they should be allowed to express their feelings here of all places, which has always been if nothing else a place where people don't tell you what you're allowed to talk about. There are threads here now where I disagree with the consensus, so I stay out of the convo. I don't suggest that they change the topic.

ETA: Hey, Plat! I just realized that was you--I thought it was DS. Not that I'm not always excited to see her too...lol
__________________
Hitler never played Risk when he was a kid.
-Eddie Izzard, Dress to Kill

But you didn't have what it takes.... an evil hand!

Resistance is futile. Assimilation is---oooh, porn!

Go Mavs!!!!
Angela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 11:07 PM   #23
Platypus
The Pointy End
 
Platypus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: The Cordyverse
Posts: 5,466
to Morrigan and Angela!
__________________
Homer Simpson: Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.

Tact is just not saying true stuff. I'll pass.
Platypus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 11:48 PM   #24
samsmom
 
samsmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: California
Posts: 713
Viva la Whedon rants! \o/

It may have been six years, but some of us have long memories. Others are new to the board and to the fandom. This is where we talk about CC, good and bad, and as long as a respectful tone is maintained, it's all good.

And last I recall, the FAQ didn't include time limits or cut offs on what we talk about.
samsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 06:30 AM   #25
Freakface
Who's Your Daddy?!
 
Freakface's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: The East Coast of the United States
Posts: 1,315
In an attempt to move back to topic and avoid a ranting wars, here is the transcipt to the Buffy Panel.

http://www.neatinformation.com/enter...y%20Panel.html

I think I just put more fuel to this inferno.
__________________
Enjoy the life, but keep your keyboard clean!

I have looked at the darkness of the world, and all I see is the light of humanity - Unknown

Come check out my blog: http://freakfaceusacelebpics.blogspot.com/
Freakface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 08:08 AM   #26
SamIAm
It's all about Cordy.
 
SamIAm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: From the end of the world to your town
Posts: 4,874
Quote:
Originally Posted by Platypus View Post
to Morrigan and Angela!
Fine. Be that way.

Anyway, it was a neat panel, not the least because those were my three favorite Cordyverse actresses who played my three favorite Cordyverse characters. I would have like to have been able to be there.
__________________
Fill your hands, you son of a bitch!
-- Rooster Cogburn
SamIAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 02:25 PM   #27
Livvie
nutcase
 
Livvie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Seventh Ring of Hell
Posts: 1,108
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freakface View Post
In an attempt to move back to topic and avoid a ranting wars, here is the transcipt to the Buffy Panel.

http://www.neatinformation.com/enter...y%20Panel.html

I think I just put more fuel to this inferno.
Thanks for posting that! We got a lot more information from it than we did from those videos.
__________________
"No regrets. That is what I say. That and everybody Wang Chung tonight" -Out Cold
"I only want to have sex with the C part of C/A. Not interested in the A." -Me to Nikkiwawa
Livvie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 04:00 PM   #28
Morrigan
Who Da Man?!
 
Morrigan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Garden State
Posts: 9,854
Quote:
In an attempt to move back to topic and avoid a ranting wars, here is the transcipt to the Buffy Panel.
Thanks for that, you know I felt really bad for EC, she still seemed kind of sad that no one (in the show) cared that Anya died.

I remember when the finale ended a bunch of us remarked on how cold her death was treated. It was like, Anya's didn't make it..oh well let's go rock Cleveland! Wooo Party!
__________________
ME: Farking up all your good memories one character at a time ~ Prima
Morrigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 04:09 PM   #29
jerry
 
jerry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 2,389
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morrigan View Post
Thanks for that, you know I felt really bad for EC, she still seemed kind of sad that no one (in the show) cared that Anya died.

I remember when the finale ended a bunch of us remarked on how cold her death was treated. It was like, Anya's didn't make it..oh well let's go rock Cleveland! Wooo Party!
Yeah, it did seem that Emma and Amber both shared some of the reservations that a lot of fans had about how their characters were treated, in addition to CC, although in CC's case I think it was also largely about how she herself was treated. At any rate, it's water under the bridge at this point, and doesn't really change the view of Joss I've had for a long time (i.e. very clever and talented, but prone to his own cliches, and sometimes kind of a dick).
jerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 09:43 PM   #30
Platypus
The Pointy End
 
Platypus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: The Cordyverse
Posts: 5,466
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamIAm View Post
Fine. Be that way.
to SamIAm!!!

(I'm easy.)
__________________
Homer Simpson: Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.

Tact is just not saying true stuff. I'll pass.
Platypus is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
conventions

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Charisma to attend Wizard World Chicago Freakface Charisma Carpenter 0 04-28-2011 06:39 PM
Charisma to Attend Ring Con 2011 Freakface Charisma Carpenter 0 02-16-2011 06:12 PM
CC to Attend the Hollywood Show October 10-11 Freakface Charisma Carpenter 11 10-23-2009 01:55 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:45 PM.

Link to Us

The Stranger Things Network | Nothing Fancy: The Official ST Fanfic Archive | Volition: The A/C Angst List Archive | Hate the Hate @ dusk-til-dawn | Join Team Cordy! | The Charisma Carpenter Project




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.