Register Control Panel Search FAQ/Help/Guide Memberlist Forum Calendar The Stranger Things Store Home Stranger Things Home

Go Back   Stranger Things Forum > Main > The Cordyverse
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-04-2004, 11:44 PM   #91
sunny81375

Angry so mad

I can't believe they killed her off. I am sorry, this might be a rant post and probably not a good one at that. I am normally a lurker, but I just watched, "you're welcome" and it pisses me off that they killed off the ONLY REASON I watched that show. Does JW not get that Charisma's character WAS the show?

This is INSANE! I don't care what personal problems JW had with Charisma, this is just wrong, and stupid and I really hope it bites him in the butt somehow. GOD! I am so annoyed I can't even be eloquent.

Sunny.
sunny81375 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2004, 11:52 PM   #92
Jade C.
Because I said so...

This episode was incredible, a true homage to Cordelia Chase. CC was so right when she said this was a love letter to the character.

The ending, what can I say? I cried just like a lot here on the board will, and I just can't believe she's gone.

Did you see how red CC's nose was after the kiss? She'd obviously been crying pretty hard during the takes...poor girl.

Could not watch the previews for next week, it just seemed wrong...

Jade C.
Team Cordy™ Member #51: We'll Try Being Nicer If You'll Try Being Smarter.
Jade C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2004, 11:59 PM   #93
Queen Of Tact
Because she's our Cordy!

Wow just got done watching it *wipes away tears*...... I had to tape it while i was at work......
I loved it..... I'm so glad that I didn't miss it..... Charisma was just wonderful..... Just watching her made it feel like the good old days... You know back when the show was still good and joss was an ass, but we could still deal with it.....

The ending had me in tears from the time Cordy walked back into the office when the rest went out for drinks...... And the look on Angels face!! *cries*

RIP Cordelia we're going to miss you....

CC
Breathe your beauty into me

By Tara Maclean

Charisma's Bitche #5
Team Cordy #190
Queen Of Tact is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2004, 12:16 AM   #94
wren

Ok, I caved. I had to watch it...

after all, I was with Cordy and ANGEL from the beginning and I wanted to be with them at the end. And I taped this one too; just like at the beginning.

It was mostly boring except for the scenes where Cordy was on. Loved her combination snarkiness; seriousness.

It WAS a love letter to Cordy. But I wish that she hadn't stopped herself when she started to say she loved him. And I wish he'd have told her he loved her.

I didn't get it when she said that " the PTB owed her a favor and she used it to set her man right." I guess the favor was letting her come back to set ANGEL right when she was really in a coma and then dead.

I did love Angel's devastated look at the end.

I did cry a lot. I miss Cordy and my C/A. the show isn't good without them.

-Wren
Old 02-05-2004, 12:24 AM   #95
rolandro

Don't worry - Angel et al is all better by E13

Thank God we can 'go back in time' so that Angel can wipe away the tears. C/A or no C/A, he loved that girl.

"Angel-there are no people like us."

I emailed a bunch of my friends - most of whom have never even heard of the show before - and I got calls.

"Cordelia! Isn't she a stitch? I get why you've been raving. . . "
I pick that particular quote (and that *is* a quote) because it comes from my most caustic and cynical friend. When I told her that Cordy would not be back? (Georgia accent) "Why the *HELL* would you watch it? That black guy is cute, though. But no Girlfriend?"

Goodbye, AtS.
rolandro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2004, 12:25 AM   #96
Rachelle

With Cordelia back on the show, it was symbiotic. A beautiful fluid motion that was gone and finally came back full circle.

It just shows how much Angel was lacking without her. It was Cordelia who was his link to humanity & himself, not Twinkie the Vampire Slayer.

I want rememberance episode for Cordy not U571 Angel!!

I'm still bitter
"I will stay on Buffy if, and only if, Buffy stays on the WB. And you know what? Print that. My bosses are going to kill me, but print that. I want them to know... The WB has been so supportive, such a great network over the past four years. It feels like home. I don't want the show to move, because I feel that we belong on the WB. It's where our fans are. If Buffy leaves the WB, I'm out." -Sarah Michelle Geller. ** Does anyone have a time machine?
Rachelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2004, 12:25 AM   #97
Lovin' Lorne
Too Hot For Words

I really enjoyed the episode. I'd have enjoyed it more if it'd just been Cordy/Wes and Angel knocking back a few beers talking about the good old days, but where's the fun in that.

I thought Charisma and David were fantastic. I'll go on record, along with everyone else, about their obvious friendship/chemistry. I get the feeling that DB/CC really enjoy working with each other, and man do the sparks fly! I really like how they had the what if they had met at Point Dume moment. *sigh* The world will never know.

Don't shoot me, but Harmony had me LMAO when she slammed Eve to the desk and knocked the shit out of her. Go Harm!

Was glad to see Lindsay sucked away. He never was a favorite of mine, unless he was with Lilah of course, and if he's really gone no big loss.

Did anyone else crack up at the "You've made a deal with the devil" line and then the devil walked up?

Tee hee

For one brief, shining moment, my Angel was back and it was good.

Because next week looks pretty dumb...

Where's Blue? Please help if you can.
Lovin' Lorne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2004, 12:30 AM   #98
LaLa247
Wooo!

Quote:
Originally posted by Lovin' Lorne
Don't shoot me, but Harmony had me LMAO when she slammed Eve to the desk and knocked the shit out of her. Go Harm!
I laughed too.

DB and CC just have so much chemistry. Go them.

When do we get ratings?
Charisma's Bitch #1

"Treat everyone the same until you find out they're an idiot." -- Lucy Lawless

President Bush DID have a sure fire plan to end the war in Iraq, However Chuck Norris was busy that day.
LaLa247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2004, 12:32 AM   #99
Silly Gilly
RamRod

I'm really tired but something totally has been bugging me. I get that David Fury apparently HAD to write the ep but what about directing? I didn't like some of the camera angles or some of the cuts. I became a little distracted by them. Is this the first time he's directed and written an AtS episode?
Silly Gilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2004, 12:41 AM   #100
felmitch
"Still The One"

OMG, what a wonderful ep. The best of the season IMO.

Cordy was brilliant...she added a spark that's been missing. All the scenes between her and Angel were just wonderful. Oh God, my tears are still flowing. Such a beautiful ep...I don't know what else to say right now, except what a wonderful ep and everyone did an excellent job.

I think that was the best Angel/Cordy kiss I've ever seen on ATS...what a beautiful scene. They are so wonderful together.

Harmony kicking Eve's ass...priceless. Cordy putting her in her place...priceless.
"Uh-oh, vampire with a gun." -Angelus
"Whoops. Dinner by armed robbery." -Angelus
"Break me off a switch son. There's about to be a whuppin'." -Faith
"I really do love you Connor." -Angel. "So what are you going to do about it?" -Connor. "Prove it." -Angel (such a touching scene between father and son).
felmitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2004, 12:54 AM   #101
Rachelle

Quote:
Originally posted by Jade C.
This episode was incredible, a true homage to Cordelia Chase. CC was so right when she said this was a love letter to the character.
My goodness Charisma played her to a 'T'! The whole thing with wanting to get new clothes, to complimenting Eve's shoes while wanting to shove them down her throat! It was true Cordelia again. And that's the really nasty part: The last time we saw was on that 101 Fwy with Skip... now she's dead.

More than ever, I refuse to believe it's over. If Buffy can come back why not Cordy?! Wishful thinking, I know.

But it really bugged me that neither original creator, Joss or David G., directed the ep... Even though Joss is on my coal list for Christmas, it didn't seem fitting him not directing a milestone.

We finally got our C/A song... One For the Road
"I will stay on Buffy if, and only if, Buffy stays on the WB. And you know what? Print that. My bosses are going to kill me, but print that. I want them to know... The WB has been so supportive, such a great network over the past four years. It feels like home. I don't want the show to move, because I feel that we belong on the WB. It's where our fans are. If Buffy leaves the WB, I'm out." -Sarah Michelle Geller. ** Does anyone have a time machine?

Last edited by Rachelle; 02-05-2004 at 01:05 AM.
Old 02-05-2004, 01:14 AM   #102
Persephone

Right, I've digested the episode. My thoughts:

CC and DB are just so freaking good together. It's almost silly, it's so good. DB's acting was by far the best it has been all season; she makes him step up notch, or maybe she just makes him interested in what he's doing, since he's struck me as very bored lately. They "hum" together. There is no other female lead with the presence to create that kind of sparkage. I groaned at the W/F anvil even more than I usually would, because next to the the C/W scenes, it seemed "meh" to me.

This ep, for me, was all about C/A and C/A/W. My beautiful, beautiful triad... I resented the presence of anything or anyone that detracted from the three. Except, perhaps, shirtless Lindsey. 'Cause, you know, I'm human.

I immediately assumed that Cordy had ascended, and was fighting the good fight on another level. I also assumed that her "I'll be seeing you" was prophetic, if not in the Jossverse. I do think they'll be seeing each other. And Doyle is so waiting for her.

I let go of the show last season, and for the most part, I was able to watch this ep without old wounds opening. For the most part... I feel angry, all over again, and it's not so much that the C/A potential was squandered. It's that B/A is still being pushed as endgame in the interviews... it's "owed to the fans"... it's "what must be." Well, after tonight, I'm just pissed off all over again. To me, B/A can't begin to compare, in any regard, to what we saw tonight. The fact that an adolescent, forced, absurd pairing without chemistry or friendship or even rhyme/reason is being touted as the great fairy tale end, while C/A is "unpopular," makes me grind my teeth. Oh yeah, that's one wound that re-opened, alright.

Kudos to DB and AD for great performances tonight... and thank you, CC, for a great performance and for bringing the heart back to the show for a night.

Last edited by Persephone; 02-05-2004 at 01:49 AM.
Persephone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2004, 01:17 AM   #103
Cantinera
Miss StrangerThings 2003

Location: I don't know at the moment, so stop asking difficult questions.
Charisma and David did a wonderful job. It actually felt like AtS again, which hasn't in awhile. It was a love letter to Cordy.

And it did give me some closure regarding the character. I will not watch another episode just to see Angel backtrack (not that I know from spoilers, but this is a pattern with this show), so I can end it hear and still appreciate Season 1 which became hard to do. I can actually watch my DVDs again without grumbling because, for once, what made the show so great was back, and the characters I like were really there. The heart and soul were actually shown.

A lot of the other non-Cordy bits were boring. And how did Eve get to be, well, anything? She is really stupid and makes Harmony look like a genius.

Last.fm: for the musically nosy.
Cantinera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2004, 01:44 AM   #104
Rachelle

I really, really want those B/Aers to even post ever again that IWRY was the saddest episode ever... me & my uzi are waiting!

(I can't stop raving!)This was beautifully crafted with a phone call I did not want to ever happen. They nearly wrenched my heart out way back in BtVS S3 when I thought Cordelia died by that rebar. Now.. they've crushed it.

One of the most passionate kisses ever (B/A kisses were all smacky... SMG can't kiss, cause she did the same with JM). Hell- it was the best kiss... no possesion, no taking the visions back or trying to transfer them (Parting Gifts!)- Just true Angel & Cordy. *** Did you see his smile when she ran over to him???!!!
Old 02-05-2004, 01:51 AM   #105
one_by_one
Ringing all over

Re: so mad

Quote:
Originally posted by sunny81375
This is INSANE! I don't care what personal problems JW had with Charisma, this is just wrong, and stupid and I really hope it bites him in the butt somehow. GOD! I am so annoyed I can't even be eloquent.

I like your rant, I am feeling very ranty myself. Yeah, it was lovely and blah blah blah, it doesn't take away from the fact that it happened. Cordy is gone and there is nothing they can do to justify that to me. My whole heart was invested into Cordy on this show, and they have pretty much fed it to me again and again and now I am too pissed to be eloquent myself.

one_by_one is offline   Reply With Quote