Register Control Panel Search FAQ/Help/Guide Memberlist Forum Calendar The Stranger Things Store Home Stranger Things Home

Go Back   Stranger Things Forum > Main > The Cordyverse
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-19-2004, 08:56 PM   #301
samluvsharrison
...or someone's in fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychofilly
My take on it, and it doesn't fit with your theory that you have maintained is that Cordy broke the bottle, because in that moment she (Cordy not Jasmine)remembered what was happening and knew that if the spell was completed, Jasmine would awaken. She smashed the bottle but it was too late.

However knowing that Cordy was *supposed to be* the evil one, when the season started, I think at the time of the episode she had been using the amnesia as a cover and if that storyline had been kept, we'd realize the spell was never supposed to "work" but it did in an unexpected way, so she smashed it because she realized it was disorienting her, and she needed to be in control lest she slip something she shouldn't.

I like it.
Charisma's Bitch #3.6|Shiny Happy Person #3.14159265|Fred Fanatic #Pi|Team Cordy™ #135
samluvsharrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2004, 04:21 PM   #302
LaLa247
Wooo!

Y'know, bravo to Boreanaz for ad-libbing all that crap. He's perfectly creepy.

And, surprisingly, my fav part of "Soulless" has to be when Gunn and Fred go down to Angelus. Angelus begins working into Fred, and you can see her image of the man that "saved [her] from the monsters" slowly burning to the ground.

ETA: And I still don't get this Wes/Fred thing coming out of left field in the second act. We knew Wes was into Fred, but WHEN did Fred get into Wes in the two minutes or so that passed from when she was hugging Gunn?

ETA2: See- I love Connor's wavering "My father-" It was said in the perfect pitch, VK handled it wonderfully.

I love this ep!
Charisma's Bitch #1

"Treat everyone the same until you find out they're an idiot." -- Lucy Lawless

President Bush DID have a sure fire plan to end the war in Iraq, However Chuck Norris was busy that day.

Last edited by LaLa247; 04-26-2004 at 04:33 PM.
LaLa247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2004, 05:24 PM   #303
Silly Gilly
RamRod

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaLa247
Y'know, bravo to Boreanaz for ad-libbing all that crap. He's perfectly creepy.

And, surprisingly, my fav part of "Soulless" has to be when Gunn and Fred go down to Angelus. Angelus begins working into Fred, and you can see her image of the man that "saved [her] from the monsters" slowly burning to the ground.
What did he improv?

That's my favorite part too. The whole "Angel masturbates to you guys screwing" really shakes up Gunn and Fred and makes them vulnerable. Too bad after this one Angelus is all talk and kinda boring.
Silly Gilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2004, 05:39 PM   #304
LaLa247
Wooo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silly Gilly
What did he improv?
According to Amy Acker, he improved a lot of Angelus' lines:

"I think it's great; he has so much fun playing that character. It's a lot of improvisation and taking risks. You never know what he's going to say; it changes from take to take. He's definitely trying to make a shock; he's going out of his way to make me uncomfortable. It's hard. She [Fred] has heard everything he can do. He's bringing out some of the vulnerability in Fred." [January 23, 2003]
Charisma's Bitch #1

President Bush DID have a sure fire plan to end the war in Iraq, However Chuck Norris was busy that day.
Old 04-27-2004, 02:23 PM   #305
Dannyblue
a.k.a. Danielle

The pitch of his voice is what gets to me. It's like he's purring or something. Combined with what he's actually saying, it makes you shiver...in the good and the bad way.

Angelus is at his best when he's messing with people we care about. We know their vulnerabilities, and watching him chip away at them get to you. Seeing him say those things to Fred, of all people (who got uncomfortable when Gunn looked through Cordy's underwear) you can totally feel how repulsed she is by him. But you don't really care what Angelus has to say to Vamp Extra #2.

Also, I always thought Fred kissed Wesley because there's something very attractive about having a person be that into you. Having that much energy (romantic, sexual) directed at you does something to you, especially if the person doing the vibing is attractive. (A moment while I fan myself. Memories, you know. )

Still, her kissing him under the cirmcumstances did seem out of the blue.
Old 05-12-2004, 03:17 PM   #306
jujube1013
spank your inner moppet

yay!!! they are starting over "City Of..." is on tonight.
jujube1013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2004, 06:09 PM   #307
Angelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by jujube1013
yay!!! they are starting over "City Of..." is on tonight.

I love City Of....A few things I noticed while re-watching this for the zillionth time.

Nina, the werewolf gal of S5, bares a strong resemblance to Tina in City Of.... When I first saw Nina I was trying to figure out who she reminded me of and now I know. Even their names rhyme.

Is it just me or does Russell's vamp face look much different from other vamp faces?

Technology has come a long way in 5 years. Check out how big Lindsey's cell phone is when he uses it at the end.

It still makes me giggle at the part when Angel's at the party and Oliver stops to tell him that he's a beautiful, beautiful man and Angel responds with a very simple Thanks. Guess he's been told before because it doesn't phase him at all. And I still love when Angel runs into Cordy at the party and they talk.

I love you not only for what you are, but for what I am when I am with you. I love you not only for what you have made of yourself, but for what you are making of me. I love you for the part of me that you bring out. ~ Elizabeth Barrett Browning
Angelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2004, 01:00 PM   #308
Dannyblue
a.k.a. Danielle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelia
And I still love when Angel runs into Cordy at the party and they talk.
"Are you still grrrrrr?"

Only Cordy. That's when she started winning me over. Because, right before that scene, I was still wondering why the hell they'd pick Cordy, of all the BtVS characters, to move to LA and befriend Angel. By the end of the episode, I would've given Angel a smack if he didn't hire her.

Also, I love how happy Cordy is in "Birthday" at just the memory of that party. It's obvious she considers meeting Angel in LA to be one of the best things that ever happened to her. Even if she was all oblivious at the time.
Old 05-13-2004, 04:58 PM   #309
LaLa247
Wooo!

Dammit, this show used to be so cool!
Charisma's Bitch #1

Old 05-13-2004, 05:44 PM   #310
Dannyblue
a.k.a. Danielle

What's interesting is that episodes that didn't seem all that great to me before now seem like gold to me. I mean, I really enjoyed "Lonely Hearts" today. I think the show is very rewatchable and, the more you watch the episodes, the more you appreciate them.
Old 05-16-2004, 08:41 AM   #311
brownsbros3

To me the first three seasons were awesome. Just about every show was a good one. As for seasons four and five, I've only liked about half of the episodes in each one. Season three would be my personal favorite. I'm glad that they are back in season one right now. I loved the Doyle character, and its a shame they couldn't have kept him around longer. It's a shame that he later died, because I would have loved for him to have made an appearance later on in the series.
brownsbros3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2004, 04:03 PM   #312
LaLa247
Wooo!

GUNN!!

Squeeeeeeee!!111!!

In a non-fangirl related moment, that Angel hiding money for Cordy to find thing is still cute.
Charisma's Bitch #1

Old 07-09-2004, 11:09 PM   #313
CordeliaCC

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamnSkippy
I did find it funny that after all was resolved, all he had to do to lose his soul was just get inside Cordy to lose it. He had to sleep on it with Buffy.
LMFAO!!! Thats so damn true!!!!!!! Cordy's got that killer body. Much hotter than that wet trampy sleezy school girl slayer!
CordeliaCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2004, 02:53 PM   #314
xofallenangel69xo
Vicky

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownsbros3
To me the first three seasons were awesome. Just about every show was a good one. As for seasons four and five, I've only liked about half of the episodes in each one. Season three would be my personal favorite. I'm glad that they are back in season one right now. I loved the Doyle character, and its a shame they couldn't have kept him around longer. It's a shame that he later died, because I would have loved for him to have made an appearance later on in the series.
I KNOW!! I always thought that they were going to bring Doyle back somehow. . . maybe when the visions were nearly killing Cordelia; that would've been PERFECT.

It's such a shame that Glenn Quinn died. . . I think he made a great attribution to the cast, and I really like how in "YW" Cordelia watched the episode again. It was a nice tribute to both the actor, and the character.
xofallenangel69xo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2004, 02:15 AM   #315
AngelHair
Sucker for vampire mojo

You know, it really is funny how you can miss stuff the first or 40th time around.

When I was watching "Over the Rainbow" on Friday, I noticed that Vakma (the woman who purchased Cordy) was wearing Cordy's belt as a headband. I have the DVDs, and I've seen this episode many, many times, but Friday was the first time I noticed that. I was standing there, staring at the TV, laughing my ass off. Hey, I'm easy.

"You know how parties are: you're always afraid no one will suck the energy out of the room like a giant black hole of boring despair -- but there you were, in the clinch." ~ Cordelia ("She")
AngelHair is offline   Reply With Quote