Register Control Panel Search FAQ/Help/Guide Memberlist Forum Calendar The Stranger Things Store Home Stranger Things Home

Go Back   Stranger Things Forum > Main > Charisma Carpenter
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-02-2006, 01:17 PM   #1
nodakskip

Non WW movie idea?

RED SONJA TO THE BIG SCREEN
Her comic book revival helmed by Dynamite Entertainment continuing along, Variety today reported that Red Sonja’s next field to conquer will be film.

According to the trade, the film version of Sonja is being brought to the screen by Millennium Films and Emmett/Furla Films. The group acquired the film rights to the character last year, spurred on, at least in part, by the Dynamite comic series by Mike Oeming, Mike Carey and Mel Rubi. The series has gone on to become one of the best-selling non DC/Marvel titles in the comic book market.

Variety reports that Millennium, helmed by Avi Lerner and Danny Dimbort will finance and produce the film with Emmett/Furla, with a budget “north of $25 million.” Dynamic Forces/Dynamite Entertainment’s Nick Barrucci is also attached as a producer on the film.

Again, to be clear, the “j-a” Red Sonja is the character which was loosely based on the “y-a” Red Sonya character (mostly in altered name) and introduced into Marvel’s Conan comics by Roy Thomas and Berry Winsor-Smith in 1973. Brigitte Nielson starred in a widely-panned and commercially unsuccessful film version of the character in 1985. This will be the character's first outing in film since that time.

Old 05-02-2006, 02:02 PM   #2
Morrigan
Who Da Man?!

Considering how bad the original movie with BN sucked I can't believe they're even contemplating bringing this character back to the big screen.
Old 05-02-2006, 04:35 PM   #3
Livvie
nutcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morrigan
Considering how bad the original movie with BN sucked I can't believe they're even contemplating bringing this character back to the big screen.
I was actually thinking the EXACT same thing. But maybe they are hoping enough time has passed that the target audience won't even know there was an original. And hoping the people who saw it when they were too young to know better will go for the nostalgia.
Old 05-03-2006, 09:16 AM   #4
MissWera

I didn't know there was an original
But then again...I didn't even know there was a Red Sonja...
MissWera is offline   Reply With Quote