Register Control Panel Search FAQ/Help/Guide Memberlist Forum Calendar The Stranger Things Store Home Stranger Things Home

Go Back   Stranger Things Forum > Main > Charisma Carpenter
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-10-2004, 03:25 PM   #1
Penny Century
Rich girl, superhero

More word on casting for the "Joey" spinoff

Apparently the neighbor/love interest will be a different character from the one Elle McPherson played. Here's the post from CC.com, which was gotten from TV Guide, who nicked it from FilmJerk. *whew!*
Old 02-10-2004, 05:06 PM   #2
QueenC
All.About.Her...

Hmmm... I feel an e-mail to NBC coming on...

Lori

Charisma's Bitch #118
QueenC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2004, 08:51 PM   #3
Shirley
Kickin It Old School

Damn. If she were to audition, this would mean I would actually have to watch.

PIMPASS STALKER WHORE #716
Team Cordy #202
Fangirl-Squee[dot]net
My "Fandom" Live Journal
My "Real Life" Live Journal
Shirley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2004, 04:16 AM   #4
hobo_bobo
How are you a champion?

Do you know if each of us were to send an email to NBC and ask them why we think she would be the best for the part i really think we could sway there minds if charisma was to actually audition.

(Maybe just a little too much wishful thinking on my behalf)...
hobo_bobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2004, 08:57 PM   #5
LaLa247
Wooo!

From IMDb:

Quote:
Scriptwriters are moving popular Friends character Joey Tribbiani to Los Angeles in his upcoming spin-off show, so he can focus on making it big in Hollywood. The struggling actor - played by Matt LeBlanc - will quit New York to move in with his older sister Gina's in new series Joey, before embarking on a heated affair with his married neighbor. An insider says, "The final episode of Friends hasn't even been broadcast, but executives have started work on Joey already." Joey's love interest in the forthcoming shows will be called Allison and studio sources claim the "attractive" character will be different from the hordes of women he dated in Friends. The insider adds, "She's not the kind of girl Joey usually goes for. But there is definitely something going on between them and they develop a friendship."
Link.

Allison could definitely be a role for Charisma...
Charisma's Bitch #1

"Treat everyone the same until you find out they're an idiot." -- Lucy Lawless

President Bush DID have a sure fire plan to end the war in Iraq, However Chuck Norris was busy that day.
LaLa247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2004, 09:04 PM   #6
samluvsharrison
...or someone's in fun

I can't even deal with how perfect this would be. I mean, hello, Charisma sign, sealed, delivered one spin off success. She's good luck.

ETA: My 1000th post! Wow, feels like 100,000...
Charisma's Bitch #3.6|Shiny Happy Person #3.14159265|Fred Fanatic #Pi|Team Cordy™ #135
samluvsharrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2004, 09:04 PM   #7
argel
beloved cordelia

If this is something CC wants to go for, then I think she could fit the role quite well, but IMHO, I think she should stay far away from anything related to "Friends." That horse is dead, the ship has sailed, the train has long left the station, etc. etc. and so on. I think if she's gonna get a big TV role, it should be on something new and original where she can really make her mark, rather than already being in Matt LeBlanc's shadow. But that's just me. CC can do what she likes and I'll support her no matter what.

***argel***
Team Cordy™ #17
Charisma's Bitch #17
The Place of Blue

Not a Color, But a State of Mind

Lisa: Wait, Xena can't fly!
Lucy Lawless: I told you, I'm not Xena. I'm Lucy Lawless!
Lisa: Oh.
argel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2004, 09:35 PM   #8
tojoson

i heard today on extra, that they are planning on an animated (CGI) show based on 'sigfried and roy' in friends slot, (which i thought was automatically going to 'joey')

if joey isn't going into the friends timeslot, that speaks of a lack of confidence, to me
Old 02-12-2004, 11:12 PM   #9
ccangelfan

RE

Nope, "Joey" is promised the 8 pm slot, and NBC is not going to waste it on a cartoon or any other show really. NBC doesn't do cartoons, and if it is, it will likely air during the summer. But it's definitive, "Joey" will be getting the 8 pm slot.

I think Charisma should pounce on it. It would be amazing for her career to do so. If it were a qaurter as successful as Friends it would be a success.

Hollywood insiders are referring to the roles on "Joey" as the "get roles" of the next television season. It would mean HUGE things for Charisma if she got it.
ccangelfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2004, 11:29 PM   #10
tojoson

from filmjerk

....# Allison: Joey's new neighbor in Los Angeles, she is described as attractive (but not glamorous), intelligent and self deprecating. In either late 20s or early 30s, she's currently stuck in a bad marriage and trying to deal with it the best she can. Although she's not the obvious type that Joey usually goes for, there does seem to be something palpable between the two of them (whether they see it or not) and they begin to develop a friendship.

myself, i would think of her as glamorous
besides, i want her on her OWN show, not as another second banana.to me this part sounds like she will be serious, and joey will get all the laughs.

Last edited by tojoson; 02-12-2004 at 11:35 PM.
tojoson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2004, 11:34 PM   #11
Kit

Re: RE

Quote:
Originally posted by ccangelfan
Nope, "Joey" is promised the 8 pm slot, and NBC is not going to waste it on a cartoon or any other show really. NBC doesn't do cartoons, and if it is, it will likely air during the summer. But it's definitive, "Joey" will be getting the 8 pm slot.

I think Charisma should pounce on it. It would be amazing for her career to do so. If it were a qaurter as successful as Friends it would be a success.

Hollywood insiders are referring to the roles on "Joey" as the "get roles" of the next television season. It would mean HUGE things for Charisma if she got it.
Delurking to say that I completely agree with you! If I could have my way, I hope she'd get roles for both "Joey" and "Wonder Woman". She can work on the sitcom during the year and film the movie in the Summer. It'd be perfect.

"Never continue in a job you don't enjoy. If you're happy in what you're doing, you'll like yourself, you'll have inner peace. And if you have that, along with physical health, you will have had more success than you could possibly have imagined." - Johnny Carson
Kit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2004, 04:23 PM   #12
ccangelfan

RE

Just to say it, the possibilities of Charisma getting her OWN show are so so slim. Not because of who she is, but simply because Females rarely are the leads of their own shows. It's a sad state of affairs, but that's the way it goes, so the chances she would have her own show are pretty small. She'll most likely be audition for supporting roles, as there are the most of those out there, so I look at it as Charisma should get her hands on what will be the best of the supporting roles, which would be on Joey. Besides which, if she's the love interest, and has a big role on Joey, she might qualify as "Best Lead Actress" for the Emmys. Either way, she will have tons of screentime, look at Daphne on Frasier for example. Joey is honestly THE sitcom to be on next season. Sure it's not a hit yet, but it's the closet thing to getting on a sitcom that might actually last, as most that are new are cancelled in a few months.

Joey would be amazing for Charisma. Though she'd have to do some convincing on no being heavy on the glamour, because she is.
ccangelfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2004, 05:36 PM   #13
CAMartin
Oh! A bird!

I'm half and half about the situation.

I've come to the conclusion that the Joey spinoff won't work out. If Matt (Le Blanc) is lucky, it'll last little over a year/season.

But if it does shoot to success, i'd like to know that CC is a part of such a successfull show.

And evn not, it's spinoff of probably the most successful comedy out there (in my opinion) Some great shows die young.

Hopefully, everything will work out for her. We all want the best for CHarisma.
CAMartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2004, 05:42 AM   #14
fielding

Joey is going to be a failure. None of the Friends cast have what it takes to star in their own show, except for Mrs Pitt. LeBlanc and his vapid character are especially ill-suited for such a venture.
fielding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2004, 06:53 AM   #15
Syn
insane clown girl

Quote:
Originally posted by fielding
Joey is going to be a failure. None of the Friends cast have what it takes to star in their own show, except for Mrs Pitt. LeBlanc and his vapid character are especially ill-suited for such a venture.
You're a very "up" person.

I for one think Joey, along with Phoebe, are the most interesting characters on the show. I certainly wouldn't call him vapid. Maybe "clueless" or "dense", but not vapid.

Of all the "friends", LeBlanc's character is the only one who COULD support a new show. He doesn't have the romantic baggage of the other five castmates, who are all hooked up, either with each other--or in Pheobe's case, with an 'outsider'. Add in to the fact that he's an actor on the show and that'll bring a lot of conflict and humor into the mix, creating storylines effortlessly. The main thing is to create a solid, interesting supporting cast of characters for him. If he doesn't have that, the show WILL fail. I don't think that's a problem for the writers though. They're great at handling characters.