Register Control Panel Search FAQ/Help/Guide Memberlist Forum Calendar The Stranger Things Store Home Stranger Things Home

Go Back   Stranger Things Forum > Main > Charisma Carpenter
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-21-2005, 10:50 PM   #46
Penny Century
Rich girl, superhero

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamIAm
I wonder why Shalazar hasn't got this on c-c.com yet.
Isn't Shalazar wrapping up grad school this year? I wouldn't be surprised if he were having trouble finding time to breathe.
Old 05-21-2005, 11:34 PM   #47
SamIAm
It's all about Cordy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penny Century
Isn't Shalazar wrapping up grad school this year? I wouldn't be surprised if he were having trouble finding time to breathe.
Dunno; but that would explain why the front page hasn't been touched since Christmas.

I wasn't trying to start anything, BTW. I was just wondering.
Old 05-22-2005, 07:43 AM   #48
motivational speaker

Always good to be working, but working in genre movies, unless its a big movie, like War of the Worlds, or a Knight Shamalan movie, movies like this either open small or are straight to DVD. Of course you never know, it might be a really really good movie and word of mouth will sell it.
motivational speaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2005, 08:30 AM   #49
Penny Century
Rich girl, superhero

Quote:
Originally Posted by motivational speaker
Always good to be working, but working in genre movies, unless its a big movie, like War of the Worlds, or a Knight Shamalan movie, movies like this either open small or are straight to DVD.

Uhhhh...yeah, we've discussed that. This is still CC's first starring role in a movie not made for TV, therefore still a big deal.
Old 05-22-2005, 10:23 AM   #50
v120176

I think it's great for CC, yes, of course, I would love too see her in some horror movie more bigger and with a better argument, like The Ring (I think Naomi Watts was incredible and I totally loved the first one, much better than Ringu). But some of these horror movie are a really surprise in terms of money and quality. Like Nightmare I (I think that was the name on English for Freddie Kruegger's saga) what, IMO, was a good movie and, well, let's say got some money at the box office .

But, and I read this in several places, they really need to change the name.... The tittle "Voodoo moon" sounds tacky, and makes me think on those 70' or 80 cheap movies. The argument seems fine, but not the tittle

V.
v120176 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2005, 01:30 PM   #51
Morrigan
Who Da Man?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by v120176
I think it's great for CC, yes, of course, I would love too see her in some horror movie more bigger and with a better argument, like The Ring (I think Naomi Watts was incredible and I totally loved the first one, much better than Ringu). But some of these horror movie are a really surprise in terms of money and quality. Like Nightmare I (I think that was the name on English for Freddie Kruegger's saga) what, IMO, was a good movie and, well, let's say got some money at the box office .

But, and I read this in several places, they really need to change the name.... The tittle "Voodoo moon" sounds tacky, and makes me think on those 70' or 80 cheap movies. The argument seems fine, but not the tittle

V.
Correct me if I'm worng but Naomi Watts was not a big name draw when The Ring was released. Nor were there any big name stars in When Darkness Falls which was a moderatly successful horror movie, the same can be applied to Boggeyman and Final Destination.

I think it's a little premature to dismiss this movie out of hand, especially since we know so little about it. Do I think it's going to be a huge success? Probably not. Will it go straight to DVD? Maybe, who knows? Right now there's probably a 50/50 shot of it going either way. However, if it does well at Cannes or is a really good movie, instead of some B-Horror movie, it has potential.

It seems as though the movie industry is hemoraging horror movies. They're trying so hard to find that perfect blend of horror/psychological drama to be the next The Grudge that a decent to good movie, even if it's low budget could get some good press and big screen release.

ETA - Just wanted to add that this isn't directed at you V, or anyone else for that matter. It's just a general reponse to some of the posts, my thoughts and opinions only.

Last edited by Morrigan; 05-22-2005 at 01:46 PM.
Morrigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2005, 02:15 PM   #52
v120176

No problem Morrigan, I understand what you siad and I agree in most of the part. Maybe I didn't explained well. I don't think this sounds like bad movie. It doesn't sound like The Ring and I would love for CC a sumary like that, but I don't think this argument is bad, just a common argument for a horror movie. But sometimes, yes, trying to make those pseudo "good and intelligent" horror movies, the final result is not good and one more typical argument makes a better movie in the end
Also, yes, I think Watts became known thanks to the Ring. While I loved The Ring I, I didn't like The Ring II and I found The Grudge boring and way too similar to The Ring. I didn't found The Grudge a good movie, considering the potential of the script, it was just blah.. Also I don't think Gellar did a good job with her character. So I don't think in The Grudge as an example of good horror movie (maybe the script, but not the result), like The Ring I.
This sumary sound similar (in style) to some of the classic horror movies Don't forget Jamie Lee Curtis and Johny Deep did Halloween & Nightmare I.

What I really don't like at all the tittle. "Voodoo Moon" is tacky. I think they need to change it.
ETA: about the low budget..... Don't forget the Grudge could be considered, a low budget movie . Even if it dissapointed me it's a referent for a lot of people.

V

Last edited by v120176; 05-22-2005 at 02:23 PM.
v120176 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2005, 02:21 PM   #53
jujube1013
spank your inner moppet

i read somewhere that they change it to "Harvest Moon".
jujube1013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2005, 03:02 PM   #54
LaLa247
Wooo!

Quote:
It doesn't sound like The Ring and I would love for CC a sumary like that,[...]
Ehhh, count me among those who just hated The Ring and would like to see CC stay the hell away from those kind of flicks (However, remakes of the fantastic Audition and Battle Royale will never happen for US audiences, and really, it should stay that way). Naomi Watts surely got attention for The Ring, but I think it was her roles in Mulholland Drive, 24 Grams, and We Don't Live Here Anymore that got her respect and notice. Now she's doing movies like Peter Jackson's King Kong. Big time films.

I'm also one who thought The Grudge was plenty times better than The Ring, but that's besides the point.

I just think doing cult films isn't bad at all (Quentin Tarantino, Wes Craven, Sam Raimi, and Tim Burton are among those classified as cult directors). Nearly all the Desperate Housewives are kind of cult actos, as are the actors on LOST. You get a devoted following without being over-exposed or being the "flavor of the month".
Charisma's Bitch #1

"Treat everyone the same until you find out they're an idiot." -- Lucy Lawless

President Bush DID have a sure fire plan to end the war in Iraq, However Chuck Norris was busy that day.
LaLa247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2005, 03:26 PM   #55
Bert
The Evil Potato Chip

Quote:
What I really don't like at all the tittle. "Voodoo Moon" is tacky. I think they need to change it.
It reminds me of a programme called Button Moon. It was a kids programme - I think!

But either way, good for CC!

At Weekends My Name Is Ernie
Bert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2005, 03:30 PM   #56
Emmangel
Administrator

Button Moon was cool. Plus, the theme song was sung by The Doctor himself, Peter Davidson. Heh.
Old 05-22-2005, 06:28 PM   #57
tojoson

Quote:
Originally Posted by jujube1013
i read somewhere that they change it to "Harvest Moon".
that would be sort of wierd,
in 2002, Eric Mabius starred in a movie "Dancing at the Harvest Moon"
Old 05-22-2005, 10:52 PM   #58
jujube1013
spank your inner moppet

IDT entertainment also owns some of the rights to "Archie", hmmmm, CC as Veronica, i always thought she would be a perfct Veronica.
jujube1013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2005, 11:13 PM   #59
Shadow4Corangela
owner of a lonely heart

Ooooo nice. CC on tv. Finally! Whether it be on the big screen or DVD I'm happy she's got the part. And if it does appear on the big screen!! Even better. Looking forward to seeing CC again.

Dean Winchester: I hope your apple pie is freakin' worth it! ~Supernatural

Cordelia: I like 'David'. It's such a strong, masculine name. [pause] It just feels good in your mouth. ~ Angel
Shadow4Corangela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2005, 12:17 AM   #60
Silly Gilly
RamRod

I don't care what form this movie takes, I will see it.
Silly Gilly is offline   Reply With Quote