Register Control Panel Search FAQ/Help/Guide Memberlist Forum Calendar The Stranger Things Store Home Stranger Things Home

Go Back   Stranger Things Forum > Main > Charisma Carpenter
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-25-2004, 05:17 PM   #46
Penny Century
Rich girl, superhero

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarKar
What are the chances of her being on more than one episode, isn't LAX barely hanging in there?
Well, they're moving it to The West Wing's lead-in position, which if Ed is any example is where they put shows they like but aren't doing that well when they want to give them a chance to take root. Between TWW and L&O, Wednesday traditionally is a strong night for NBC, and the lead-off series usually reaps the benefit.
Old 10-25-2004, 05:18 PM   #47
Eureka

Great news! Thanks for sharing!
Eureka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2004, 05:30 PM   #48
KarKar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penny Century
where they put shows they like but aren't doing that well when they want to give them a chance to take root.
Putting it against a strong player like "Lost" & a cult fave like "Smallville" sounds like they're writing off the timeslot so why not let "LAX" hemorrhage even more? Why not move 'American Dreams' which I don't see having the same audience.

I'm also curious what difference moving from 10 to 8 will make in terms of storyline, etc. If they intend on making it a little more soapy. Supposedly they're more restricted by the earlier hour but when you can see Dennis Franz' naked ass at 10 in the morning who can tell? The show reminds me of Las Vegas in that they throw everything in it and stir. Some serious topical storylines, little intrigue, nice gadgetry and the requisite "cute" tourist subplot.

Last edited by KarKar; 10-25-2004 at 05:32 PM.
KarKar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2004, 05:57 PM   #49
Penny Century
Rich girl, superhero

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarKar
Putting it against a strong player like "Lost" & a cult fave like "Smallville" sounds like they're writing off the timeslot so why not let "LAX" hemorrhage even more?
I would guess they're building a bloc for the night without much regard to what's on opposite -- if you want to get down to it, I can't see SV (which is fading fast at any rate) having the same audience either. Lost is a hot new property but has yet to prove it has legs. Some people didn't think Ed was that compatible with TWW and L&O, but still it benefited from being in the starting position on a night many people spend on NBC anyway.They probably think they have little to lose and something to gain by moving LAX there.
Old 10-25-2004, 05:57 PM   #50
samluvsharrison
...or someone's in fun

Oh, jeez. It just had to be the Wednesday when Lois returned to Smallville...

Oh well. My priorities are in order. Bring on the Charisma!
Charisma's Bitch #3.6|Shiny Happy Person #3.14159265|Fred Fanatic #Pi|Team Cordy™ #135
samluvsharrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2004, 06:06 PM   #51
tojoson

Quote:
To the TV Gal Reader Belongs the Spoils

This is the best news. Charisma Carpenter will guest star on "LAX" as Heather Locklear's little sister.
i like the way she puts it this is the best news
and it headed tv gals spoiler section.

Amy really likes Charisma
Old 10-25-2004, 06:50 PM   #52
rousedower
cancelled

Isn't the WW on a downward spiral though? At any rate, this is a step up from Charmed.
Stake Darla #13
Greenie Groupie #13
rousedower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2004, 07:02 PM   #53
aikakone
SpunkyMisunderstoodGenius

This is funny to me because on other threads like the Charmed thread, Charisma was described as being pulled in to "Heather Locklear" the show. And now she's playing her sister. It's cool, but funny!

I might even try to watch the show at my parents' house. They'd love to see me. Plus, it's after the elections, so maybe I can get my step-dad to turn off CNN or the Weather Channel for once.
Wesley Brigadier #9
Team Cordy #245
What do you call a bunch of militant CC fans? A Charis-militia!
aikakone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2004, 10:11 PM   #54
Shadow4Corangela
owner of a lonely heart

Wait! LAX is not going to be on the same time as LOST. Is it?

Dean Winchester: I hope your apple pie is freakin' worth it! ~Supernatural

Cordelia: I like 'David'. It's such a strong, masculine name. [pause] It just feels good in your mouth. ~ Angel
Shadow4Corangela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2004, 11:28 PM   #55
LaLa247
Wooo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow4Corangela
Wait! LAX is not going to be on the same time as LOST. Is it?
Looks like it.

But they repeat my precious show on Saturdays anyway, so Wednesday is free for LAX.

Sorry to be trivial or whatever, but can they really pull off Charisma as Heather Locklear's sister? Granted, it's tv, but my own mother said "What? They look nothing alike." And, hey, NOT complaining, but I'm simply- you guessed it- curious.
Charisma's Bitch #1

"Treat everyone the same until you find out they're an idiot." -- Lucy Lawless

President Bush DID have a sure fire plan to end the war in Iraq, However Chuck Norris was busy that day.
LaLa247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2004, 11:47 PM   #56
Penny Century
Rich girl, superhero

I'll say only that I didn't think Charlie Sheen and Jon Cryer would be believable as brothers, and yet they are. The writing will have something to do with it, of course, but I'm guessing CC and HL must have had decent sibling chemistry in readings. It'll be interesting to find out if it works.
Old 10-26-2004, 07:52 AM   #57
DamnSkippy

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaLa247
But they repeat my precious show on Saturdays anyway, so Wednesday is free for LAX.
Is that going to be a regular thing, because I thought it was only a few special occasions? I know they bumped a regularly scheduled movie to show the repeats this past Saturday.
DamnSkippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2004, 07:54 AM   #58
Morrigan
Who Da Man?!

I honestly don't see what the big deal is. I know a set of fraternal twins that look nothing alike, one of the boys is blonde and fair the other has dark hair and an olive complexion.
Old 10-26-2004, 07:57 AM   #59
Emmangel
Administrator

I agree with Morrigan. One brother I look nothing like, the other I do. I know they're boys, but the same rules apply. The one that looks nothing like me also has gold coloured hair, where as the rest of the familes is dark. These things happen all the time.
Old 10-26-2004, 08:05 AM   #60
askew

This is great news!! I'll have to start watching LAX.

On a side note, I got contacted through TiVO for a new Nielson ratings project and I should find out right around Nov. 10th, if I was accepted. I hope I am accepted, so I can show that I recorded Charisma's guest appearance.
Charisma's BITCH #13
TeamCordy™#0913

askew is offline   Reply With Quote