Register Control Panel Search FAQ/Help/Guide Memberlist Forum Calendar The Stranger Things Store Home Stranger Things Home

Go Back   Stranger Things Forum > Main > The Cordyverse
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-29-2007, 11:37 AM   #1
Bert
The Evil Potato Chip

Ripper - Back on?

Just seen this news story... http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/cult/a74...-go-ahead.html

Thoughts? Comments? Opinions?

And if anything comes of it - will you watch it?

At Weekends My Name Is Ernie
Bert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 06:09 PM   #2
jean-vic

I saw this on another site recently. Seems lke everything is going well and it really could happen. Would be good to get more stories on the screen. Plus, DB and SMG possibly making cameo appearances makes it all the sweeter.
Old 08-29-2007, 07:55 PM   #3
Morrigan
Who Da Man?!

It's doubtful I'd watch, as much as I enoy seeing ASH work I'd rather watch something new. BTVS/ATS is over I see no point in going back.
Old 08-29-2007, 09:26 PM   #4
tojoson

Little more info on this show

here
Old 08-30-2007, 12:53 PM   #5
Livvie
nutcase

Honestly, I think the SMG and DB rumors are nothing more than fangirl wet dreams. I haven't seen any articles that say they will be on board and I don't think its a possiblity.

SMG has really made no effort to hide the fact that she doesn't like JW and doesn't want to work with him. Plus, she has plenty of movies on deck along with residuals from BTVS on FX and her movies on cable networks (let's not forget her cut of merchandising and likeness rights!). She could never work again and still live how she is now.

DB seems not only really busy with Bones but really happy there. He has said he will only come back to Angel in a big screen role. He has no reason (since he is making really good money on Bones, from residuals, merchandising, etc) to fly all the way to the UK (where I am assuming they are taping) for a cameo. He hasn't seemed very keen to want to work with JW again either.

The only people I could see making cameos would be Amy Acker, James Marsters, Alyson Hannigan or Alexis Denisof. I would put my money on Illyria showing up before I put it on Buffy or Angel.
Old 08-30-2007, 02:33 PM   #6
samsmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livvie View Post
The only people I could see making cameos would be Amy Acker, James Marsters, Alyson Hannigan or Alexis Denisof. I would put my money on Illyria showing up before I put it on Buffy or Angel.
Hmm, that could be a guest list for a Weekend at Joss's, couldn't it?
samsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 03:50 PM   #7
LordKain
Devil Hunter

Ripper

like it or not we all know this is going to bomb if they would of started it say 5 years ago it might of had a chance but now with Anthony Head not being as young as he used to be or the fact that the character was never really likeable to begin with as well as the fact that personally I feel that Anthony Head is simply not that good of an actor he over-played a hell of alot of his material while Buffy was on and I don't see that changing now.

Bottom line is If your waiting on either David Boreanaz or Sarah Michelle Gellar to make a special guest appearance on this show don't hold your breath they are long gone from the verse and are never coming back you have a better chance at getting Charisma Carpenter then you would either DB or SMG.

Personally I see it getting axed after 12 episodes at the most.

Last edited by LordKain; 08-31-2007 at 08:39 PM.
LordKain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 05:32 PM   #8
jean-vic

Maybe it will bomb, but it's worth having a look IMO. Might as well give it a go. If it's terrible, never watch it again.

I'm certainly not waiting on DB and SMG. I was just going off what ASH said. It would be nice though to see Angel there, maybe confront Giles on abandoning them when Fred was dying.

Is it just me, or do most actors have problems with him? I've heard SMG and JM don't much like him for the violent sex scenes in Season 6, and I've also heard that DB isn't all that fond of him. I wouldn't blame them for not liking him, cos I certainly don't. Not after he treated CC that way.
Old 08-30-2007, 07:12 PM   #9
Livvie
nutcase

The only actors I heard that really cared for JW were those that were part of his Shakespeare Weekends, Alyson Hannigan, Alexis Denisof, Amy Acker.

Amber Benson is not fond of him at all but she is too nice of a girl to say anything in public about it. She hints. I was just reading some fan accounts the other day about VK and JAR at a Con where they seemed less than pleased with him. DB has said over and over how much he enjoys working on Bones because of the atmosphere and his input gets heard. I don't even do that much reading about the guy and I think it is pretty clear he is happy to be away from Angel.

But I know we have some DB/Bones experts on this board that could probably elaborate more on that than I can.

The longer JW is out of work in television and movies, the longer Angel and Buffy are off the air, the more stuff is starting to come to light about set conditions. You can only be an asshole in Hollywood when you produce blockbusters and despite the cult following, Buffy, Angel, Firefly, Serenity were not consider money makers. High production costs and low rate of return on ad revenue for the shows and just overall poor ticket sales for Serenity when coupled with production costs doesn't give him much clout to act like the jerk he has been in the press. You don't tell a BBC station in an interview that people at Fox are idiots and you won't deal with them again. You don't write a scathing review of Cruel Intentions when your Buffy star says she liked working on that film more than your show. And you don't change your story 50 times on why you fired a lead actress and didn't bother to tell her.

Let's just say his mouth is writing checks that his ass can't cash.

/end rant (Yes, I am full of the bitchitude today. LOL)
Old 08-31-2007, 02:50 AM   #10
LordKain
Devil Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livvie View Post
The only actors I heard that really cared for JW were those that were part of his Shakespeare Weekends, Alyson Hannigan, Alexis Denisof, Amy Acker.

Amber Benson is not fond of him at all but she is too nice of a girl to say anything in public about it. She hints. I was just reading some fan accounts the other day about VK and JAR at a Con where they seemed less than pleased with him. DB has said over and over how much he enjoys working on Bones because of the atmosphere and his input gets heard. I don't even do that much reading about the guy and I think it is pretty clear he is happy to be away from Angel.

But I know we have some DB/Bones experts on this board that could probably elaborate more on that than I can.

The longer JW is out of work in television and movies, the longer Angel and Buffy are off the air, the more stuff is starting to come to light about set conditions. You can only be an asshole in Hollywood when you produce blockbusters and despite the cult following, Buffy, Angel, Firefly, Serenity were not consider money makers. High production costs and low rate of return on ad revenue for the shows and just overall poor ticket sales for Serenity when coupled with production costs doesn't give him much clout to act like the jerk he has been in the press. You don't tell a BBC station in an interview that people at Fox are idiots and you won't deal with them again. You don't write a scathing review of Cruel Intentions when your Buffy star says she liked working on that film more than your show. And you don't change your story 50 times on why you fired a lead actress and didn't bother to tell her.

Let's just say his mouth is writing checks that his ass can't cash.

/end rant (Yes, I am full of the bitchitude today. LOL)
David Boreanaz and Christian kane never forgave Joss for using Glenn's name if you know what I'am talking about so add 1 more to that list of people who hate Joss Whedon and will most likely never work with the man again as for the people who like him and I can see making apperences in Ripper are:

Amy Acker - worships Joss Whedon like he's god.

Alexis Deniosf - Some say he's guardard and can be a real problem to deal with.

Alyson Hannigan - who's a very malicious person who will lie through her teeth just to make herself look better just look at her SMG bashing she did in an interview when even Joss "The Devil Himself" Whedon himself denied it.

Tom Lenk - See Amy Acker

All 4 of these people will be making appearances on Ripper because we all know there lips are permanently attached to Joss Whedon's ass.

Last edited by LordKain; 08-31-2007 at 09:40 AM.
Old 09-01-2007, 07:35 AM   #11
jean-vic

I've heard a lot of what the actors say about JW, and it has led me to dislike the guy. I mean JM apparently didn't want to do the violent sex scenes or rape scene with SMG because he hated it. He went to JW and asked if he could not do it, and JW said that he would sue him for breach of contract if he didn't do it. I don't know if that's true, but if it is, it shows the kind of guy JW is.

What was that thing that JW also said?? Somthing like he preferred comics because he didn't have to work with the actors. You don't say that about people who have dedicated 8 years of their lives to work with him. Let's face it, without the actors working their arses off, JW would be nowhere. Just look at Btvs the movie.

What I don't like is this free pass the man gets because he's the creator. I've spoken to a lot of people who blame the actors for what happened. "If CC got fired, it's her fault." etc. It's like it's a complete antithesis to like the shows but dislike him. They treat it like it's blasphemy. Commandment #1: Thou shalt love the lord thy Joss. I've been told off many times for disliking the guy.
Old 09-01-2007, 11:27 AM   #12
nikkiwawa
wikked lil' grrrl

In short, Joss gets way too much credit than he's worth. He's not god or a genius, imo. All he is to me is, the creator of Buffy and co-creator of Angel. That is all he will ever be for me. And yes, I do not like him. I haven't liked him for yearrrrrrrrrrrrs lol

As for 'Ripper'...I'll give it a try. Could be a tad bit interesting.

Cordy/Angel Graphics (A lovely LJ community devoted to Cordy/Angel. Share icons, graphics, etc.)

This Is My Life

My LJ Icon Community
nikkiwawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 12:26 AM   #13
LordKain
Devil Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jean-vic View Post
I've heard a lot of what the actors say about JW, and it has led me to dislike the guy. I mean JM apparently didn't want to do the violent sex scenes or rape scene with SMG because he hated it. He went to JW and asked if he could not do it, and JW said that he would sue him for breach of contract if he didn't do it. I don't know if that's true, but if it is, it shows the kind of guy JW is.

What was that thing that JW also said?? Somthing like he preferred comics because he didn't have to work with the actors. You don't say that about people who have dedicated 8 years of their lives to work with him. Let's face it, without the actors working their arses off, JW would be nowhere. Just look at Btvs the movie.

What I don't like is this free pass the man gets because he's the creator. I've spoken to a lot of people who blame the actors for what happened. "If CC got fired, it's her fault." etc. It's like it's a complete antithesis to like the shows but dislike him. They treat it like it's blasphemy. Commandment #1: Thou shalt love the lord thy Joss. I've been told off many times for disliking the guy.
Who cares what they say there's a name for fans like that and that is dumb ignorant marks which is what they are there a bunch of morons.

Your right the actors made him if it wasn't for David and Sarah and a few others where would Joss Whedon be.

Oh yeah thats right he would be nowhere which is where he is now doing cheap lousy comic books because no network or film studio wants anything to do with him because of his attitude.

Can you blame the actors for not wanting to come back.

Last edited by LordKain; 09-03-2007 at 03:28 PM.
Old 09-03-2007, 01:03 AM   #14
jean-vic

What?? Did not understand that at all. Are you agreeing with the actors or not??
Old 09-03-2007, 03:32 PM   #15
LordKain
Devil Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jean-vic View Post
What?? Did not understand that at all. Are you agreeing with the actors or not??
Yep I agree with the actors over Whedon anyday the way he treated them was awful.

I just get really pissed when it comes to the whole Whedon is god crap most of the fans of the shows go on about him if you know what I mean.

Personally at this point in my life I feel like I have outgrown these shows because looking back on them now all I see are the faults as well as the lame humor.