Register Control Panel Search FAQ/Help/Guide Memberlist Forum Calendar The Stranger Things Store Home Stranger Things Home

Go Back   Stranger Things Forum > Main > The Cordyverse
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-05-2005, 06:50 AM   #16
TeSjah
Dutchess of LaLaLand

1.) Given the limited usage of Cordelia should she have been a recurring cast member like Angel in BTVS season one?
I think not.
2.) Did the writers get Angel and Buffy together too quickly?
Well, yeah. But you know they are SOULMATES!!!11!!1!!!!11 *ahum*
3.) After seeing what Darla was capable of on Angel, do you feel that they killed her off too soon on BTVS?
I heart Darla, but she was a disposable character on BTVS.
4.) In BTVS seasons 2-3, did they overdo it on the melodrama between Buffy and Angel?
Yeah, it was way overdone.
5.) After seeing Eliza Dushku's scene stealing performances was there too much Faith in season three? Not enough? Just right?
Just right.
6.) Did the writers break up Xander and Cordelia too soon in season three?
No, I hated them together. Although they had their funny moments.
7.) Even after getting his own series, Angel still crossed back over to Buffy for two appearances in season 4, two in season 5, and the two-part finale. Do you feel these appearances were necessary or unnecessary?
I only think that the first appearance in s4 was, well not necessary, but well-done. They should have ditched they others.
8.) With all of the Buffy characters that crossed over to Angel, would you have liked for some of the Angel characters to cross over to Buffy?
NO!
9.) Because of Seth Green leaving the series something had to be done about Oz and Willow. Did you like the idea of them breaking up in season four because of his side fling, or should they have maybe had him go on tour with his band and he and Willow have some sort of long distance relationship?
No break up was well done, sad though, and maybe the beginning of Willows destructive development of turning into a homicidal maniak, but they break-up itself was ok.
10.) Which female sidekick did you prefer for evil Spike, Harmony or Drusilla?
Drusilla.
11.) In the first episode of season five, Buffy faced off with "The King of All Vampires" Count Dracula. Should the episode have been darker and scarier than what it was?
No, I liked that it was colourful and handled in a mocking-sorta-way.
12.) Were Buffy and Riley broken up too soon?
They never should have hooked up in the first place.
13.) Should BTVS have ended with the season five finale "the Gift"?
No.
14.) Buffy's interaction with Spike in season six; sexy, creepy, or a little of both?
Both.
15.) Do you see Buffy and Spike as having their own relationship, or as a rehash of Buffy/Angel?
Their own. I feel like end season 7 their relationship was build on friendship and trust, unlike B/A, in which I never felt that.
16.) Nicholas Brendon and Sarah Michelle Gellar pitched to the producers a Buffy/Xander ship for season seven, would this have been something that you think they should have tried?
They did that? But, no. I think it would be a bad idea. I like them as friends.
17.) Did you prefer Spike as a hero or a villain?
Villian. Nothing is hotter that badass Spike.
18.) Despite all the shenanigans he pulled, Andrew wound up a member of the Scooby Gang in season seven. Was this a good idea or a bad idea on the writers' part?
Bad, he was Joss' annoying Marty Stu.
19.) Did Willow get together with Kennedy too soon after Tara's death?
No, but the fact that she hooked up with Kennedy is just plain wrong.
20.) Were there too many characters in season seven?
Yeah, I had to write a list to remember all those damn potentials.
21.) Should former regular cast members Charisma Carpenter, Marc Blucas, and Seth Green been invited back for the finale? (Note from BB3: Had Tara not been deceased I would have included Amber Benson in this question as well.)
No, it was the fight of the Scoobies (and potentials sure).
22.) Had they taken BTVS as far as it could go, or do you think they could have done a season 8?
They should have stopped after s4, if not sooner.
23.) Over the show's seven seasons, did they have too many characters comeback from the dead?
No, it's 'Buffy', those things happen.
24.) Which of the good guys on the show had the most memorable death? Buffy (either one), Jenny, Angel, Joyce, Tara, Anya, or Spike?
Joyce.
25.) Who is your favorite Buffy Big Bad? The Master (Season 1), Angelus (Season 2), The Mayor (Season 3), Adam (Season 4), Glory (Season 5), Evil Willow (Season 6), or Caleb(Season 7)?
Angelus. I have two words for you: leather and pants.

"Well, it's hard to top taking a dagger to the jugular, but I do what I can," Lilah shrugged.

'Shipping: CordyAngel ~ LilahWesley ~ ReginaHook
TeSjah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2005, 07:14 AM   #17
angdelia
Scratch the Surface

1.) Given the limited usage of Cordelia should she have been a recurring cast member like Angel in BTVS season one?
No.
Of course not. It felt very natural.
3.) After seeing what Darla was capable of on Angel, do you feel that they killed her off too soon on BTVS?
No.
4.) In BTVS seasons 2-3, did they overdo it on the melodrama between Buffy and Angel?
Yeah, it made me roll my eyes. Often.
5.) After seeing Eliza Dushku's scene stealing performances was there too much Faith in season three? Not enough? Just right?
Just right.
Yes. Cordelia was almost a guest star after that.
7.) Even after getting his own series, Angel still crossed back over to Buffy for two appearances in season 4, two in season 5, and the two-part finale. Do you feel these appearances were necessary or unnecessary?
Unnecessary.
8.) With all of the Buffy characters that crossed over to Angel, would you have liked for some of the Angel characters to cross over to Buffy?
Maybe Wesley.
9.) Because of Seth Green leaving the series something had to be done about Oz and Willow. Did you like the idea of them breaking up in season four because of his side fling, or should they have maybe had him go on tour with his band and he and Willow have some sort of long distance relationship?
Long distance relationship.
Drusilla.
11.) In the first episode of season five, Buffy faced off with "The King of All Vampires" Count Dracula. Should the episode have been darker and scarier than what it was?
I thought this episode was ridiculous. So I don't care.
Too late.
Yep.
14.) Buffy's interaction with Spike in season six; sexy, creepy, or a little of both?
Well... it's Buffy that creeped me out.
15.) Do you see Buffy and Spike as having their own relationship, or as a rehash of Buffy/Angel?
Their own. The two relation were nothing alike
16.) Nicholas Brendon and Sarah Michelle Gellar pitched to the producers a Buffy/Xander ship for season seven, would this have been something that you think they should have tried?
No.
Badass Spike is always cooler.
18.) Despite all the shenanigans he pulled, Andrew wound up a member of the Scooby Gang in season seven. Was this a good idea or a bad idea on the writers' part?
Bad idea. I would've prefer Jonathan.
I hate W/K, so...
Yeah. And they were boring.
21.) Should former regular cast members Charisma Carpenter, Marc Blucas, and Seth Green been invited back for the finale? (Note from BB3: Had Tara not been deceased I would have included Amber Benson in this question as well.)
No.
22.) Had they taken BTVS as far as it could go, or do you think they could have done a season 8?
No season 8.
23.) Over the show's seven seasons, did they have too many characters comeback from the dead?
No... well, the second time Buffy died, she should've stayed dead.
24.) Which of the good guys on the show had the most memorable death? Buffy (either one), Jenny, Angel, Joyce, Tara, Anya, or Spike?
Angel and Joyce.
25.) Who is your favorite Buffy Big Bad? The Master (Season 1), Angelus (Season 2), The Mayor (Season 3), Adam (Season 4), Glory (Season 5), Evil Willow (Season 6), or Caleb(Season 7)?
The Mayor. So funny. I would've said Angelus, but his 'Buffy obsession' was pathetic...

Last edited by angdelia; 08-05-2005 at 08:24 AM.
angdelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2005, 08:21 AM   #18
a.a.k

Quote:
No

Quote:
A world of yes!

Quote:
No, at the time they didn't know that Angel was going to have his own serie, so no

Quote:
Word 'DUH' comes to mind...

Quote:
Just right

Quote:
No, I didn't like that pairing.

Quote:
Well, after Joyce's death, I think it was kind of normal that Angel came to confort Buffy (but they shouldn't have kiss!!!!) but as for the others appearances, they were unnecesary, specialy in 'the yoko factor' when Angel comes to apologize to Buffy for HER mistakes! I was like 'what the hell?!!?'

Quote:
Yeah, it would have be nice for the scoobies to see that Angel, Cordy and Wesley had changed a lot. That they were really close.

Quote:
Don't really care

Quote:
Drusilla

Quote:
Yes

Quote:
No, 'cause they screwed Riley's caracter

Quote:
Yes

Quote:
Both

Quote:
Their own.

Quote:
I'm not sure

Quote:
Villain

Quote:
I think he was kind of funny, but his lines could have been said by Anya or another caracter.

Quote:
Oh my God, yeah!!!

Quote:
Well, yes but I think it was needed.

Quote:
Yes, Charisma was in the first episode, so why not the finale?

Quote:
As far as THEY could make it go

Quote:
No

Quote:
Joyce

Quote:
Angelus (without his Buffy obsession) and Glory.

Angel/Cordy Forever

Angel: Were we in love?

Cordelia: We were.
a.a.k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2005, 10:11 AM   #19
brownsbros3

Just a friendly reminder: You have until this Friday, August 12, to participate. You may post your answers here, PM me, or e-mail me at brownsbros3@yahoo.com. Friday night, I will post the combined results from the three sites that I am conducting this.
brownsbros3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2005, 05:49 PM   #20
QueenC4707

I frankly thought the use of Cordy in S1 was better than S3, after the breakup with Xander. See question #6

Yes, definitely. I never bought that they could go from total strangers to true luff in the course of 7 episodes. They'd have done better to develop the romance gradually and "sell" it to us instead of expecting us to just buy it b/c, you know, they're the OTP!

I didn't really like the way Darla was written on BtVS, so maybe they unintentionally did her a service by leaving her dead till AtS decided to resurrect her.

Is the Pope Catholic? One of the main things that chipped away at any soft spot I felt toward B/A was the overblown melodrama. The parody scene in "the Zeppo" and Cordy and Wes's re-enactment was hilarious IMO, because it was so true. The purple prose and constant angst became tiresome and repetitive. Once it was established that B/A could never be together, the ship became played-out and there was nowhere left to go. Granted the final arc of S3 did tug at the heartstrings a little, but all in all I was glad to see what I *thought* was closure for a ship that was clearly going nowhere. But that's a different rant for a different time...

Faith *made* S3, IMO.

I thought so, but I always had a soft spot for C/X. Plus, seeing as Xander was pretty much Cordy's only link to the scoobies, the breakup and the way it was handled left the character with nothing to do but to pop up and make random snarky comments every now and then. They used Wesley to bring her back into the fold a little, but by and large it seemed like she was just biding time till she went to Angel.

Unnecessary and mostly just a way to keep the B/A on artificial life support. Except for the diehard B/A set, I imagine most people were over it. They should've been, too. I also didn't like the way Angel got when Buffy was around. It was like her presence performed a personalidectomy on him and everything was BuffyBuffyBuffy.

I never thought of that. It might've been interesting. I was always disappointed with the lack of closure for the Cordy/Xander romance and Cordy's relations with the scoobies, so it would've been interesting to see some follow-up.

I really don't have a problem with the way they chose to end it.

Dru.

No matter how you slice it, it was still a campy filler ep.

Not soon enough. I can never get over how much more enjoyable S5 was to watch once Riley was gone.

Even though the UPN years didn't do the show justice, I'm going to have to be selfish and say no. S6 was the season I really got addicted (shockingly enough) and prompted me to catch up via reruns (before the end of S5, I was a casual fan who watched sporadically and never really got into it).

A little bit of both.

Definitely a difference. It might seem similar on the surface b/c of the souled vampire thing, but the dynamic between Buffy and Spike is centuries and worlds away from Buffy and Angel. I'm not a hopeless romantic, and so my favorite spuffy was probably S5--the love/hate thing to me was infinitely more interesting to watch than "when you kiss me, I want to die" blah blah.

Oh God, no.

Both. I loved badass big bad Spike. And I loved reluctant anti-hero Spike. I just love Spike.

Bad. Even though I liked Andrew, he and other new characters stole too much screentime from the core scoobies, one of the big issues I have with S7.

Yes. If Tara was supposed to be the big luff of Willow's life, I find it hard to believe she'd hook up with the first aggressive jailbait to come her way. But I always hated the character of Kennedy, so I'm not exactly objective.

Yes. I still don't get what the point of Wood was, and the potentials annoyed me. I suppose they would've been OK if they hadn't given Kennedy such a big role, and kept her on the side like the other potentials.

I could've done without Riley, but I would depend on the way they were used. Angel was by and large used very badly in "Chosen" and I frankly think that the ep would've been better off without him. I don't trust that the writers would have been able to do Cordy, Oz, etc. justice.

I think it was time for BtVS to end, particularly given its downward mobility in the UPN years.

Nah.

Joyce.

Glory and the mayor. I actually think the S7 Big Bad was the First, and IMO that was the worst villain ever. Bar none.
Old 08-08-2005, 06:45 PM   #21
You're Welcome
Concorde crashes into LA

No.
Does anyone on this site care?
No.
Sure, not that I hated it so much. I liked Angel backing off into the shadows at the end of s3.
Not enough!!! Just kidding, she had enough screen time to make the season interesting.
Yes.
His scene in Chosen was retarded.
It would have been good to see Wesley back in that enviroment. One snippy comment from Xander or Giles and he would have kicked their ass.
Harmony. For once he wasn't the bitch in the relationship.
It wasn't that bad. It set up the notion that Buffy was closer to these demons she killed, than she realised. Which was paid off in s7 when she discovered the original Slayer was imbued with the power of a demon.
My only concern was that he was allowed to leave the show alive.
NOOOOO! I only started watching in s6. Though I can understand why s6 is not a fans favourite, I enjoyed it greatly.
Both, but in a good way!
Buffy/Spike had so much more than Buffy/Angel. The relationships were very different.
Dear lord, no.
Either way, Spike kicked ass.
No comment.
I was waiting in s7 for Willow to walk around a corner and bump into Oz...Then Kennedy came along.....................
Characters?? There were characters in s7??? I saw a lot of actors on my tivo.....
I would have liked to find out what happened with Oz.
After s7...em no.
Not that I can think of.
Cordy's death scene made the ones on Buffy look emotionless. The Body was good, but I didnt care much for Joyce anyway...
The Mayor. I think one of Buffys letdowns was the evil in the show, it was by and large so tame. The First, wtf? I'd laugh at it.
You're Welcome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2005, 09:01 AM   #22
Andromeda7_4

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownsbros3
NO, the writers used the character well in those days.

Quote:
NO, I hate dragged-out romances.

Quote:
Of course they did! Then they kept on having to bring her back....

Quote:
Definitely, imo. But then I never became emotionally-involved in B/A.

Quote:
Too much; I thought Faith a very one-dimensional character and got bored with her if she wasn't used in small doses.

Quote:
NO; end of high school= end of C/X.

Quote:
Unnecessary and pandering.

Quote:
NO, I didn't care for the crossovers, even the ones that were well-done. They kept the shows connected and I feel they'd have been better separated.

Quote:
NO, because they had no way of knowing if Green would ever return.

Quote:
Drusilla.

Quote:
I liked the campiness of it.

Quote:
God, no!!!

Quote:
NO, it was too negative. All the battles, the fights, the friction- only to have Buffy die anyway, was too much of a downer, imo.

Quote:
Both.

Quote:
They were nothing like B/A.

Quote:
I can't imagine Gellar asking for this; and I don't believe she did.

Quote:
Both.

Quote:
Andrew was ambiguous; I would not have been surprised if he pulled a doublecross somewhere along the line.

Quote:
I didn't think it was too soon; but it seemed weird for her to hook up with the only other lesbian in the group.

Quote:
Wayyy too many; and the SITs were a nuisance.

Quote:
No, there were too many as it was.

Quote:
It could have run forever; they were only limited by the imaginations of the writers. But I believe this to be true of just about every show.

Quote:
Yes.

Quote:
Joyce.

Quote:
It would have been Willow if it hadn't switched from Dark Phoenix to the magic addiction storyline. But since it did, I'll go with the Mayor.
Andromeda7_4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2005, 12:52 PM   #23
ScaryFairy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andromeda7_4

I can't imagine Gellar asking for this; and I don't believe she did.

Jane E. actually confirmed that this was true at the Jossverse WriterCon last year. She said that SMG and NB did do this and that it was a serious consideration among the writers (she said that she, "had a leg in this camp") for S7. JW was the one who ultimately decided to stick with Buffy with the re-souled Spike.

So, yes. This is actually true.
Old 08-09-2005, 01:07 PM   #24
Andromeda7_4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScaryFairy
Jane E. actually confirmed that this was true at the Jossverse WriterCon last year. She said that SMG and NB did do this and that it was a serious consideration among the writers (she said that she, "had a leg in this camp") for S7. JW was the one who ultimately decided to stick with Buffy with the re-souled Spike.

So, yes. This is actually true.
Actually, what Jane Espenson said was that this idea was under consideration for the season. "On the table" was the expression I believe she used. And she seemed to like the idea.
However, Jane E. never said that Gellar had asked for it to happen.

For that matter, D.B. Woodside said that the idea of Buffy/Wood was on the table, as well.
So I'll continue to think as I did. I really can't see Gellar going for this. Jmo.

Last edited by Andromeda7_4; 08-09-2005 at 01:56 PM.
Old 08-09-2005, 05:46 PM   #25
brownsbros3

Someone had mentioned several months ago, that Nicholas Brendon said in an interview that he and Sarah had pitched the idea, but they were shot down.
brownsbros3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2005, 05:49 PM   #26
Adrian_Tepes
SPD! Emergency!

Jane has also sided openly and mostly with the Spuffy fans and several times has repeatedly said she would go with Spike and Buffy as a couple.

So take any comments she says about supporting or endorse Buffy and Xander as a couple and throw them in the trash can where they belong.
Adrian_Tepes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2005, 06:12 PM   #27
Cordy's Bitch
Not amused

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian_Tepes
Jane has also sided openly and mostly with the Spuffy fans and several times has repeatedly said she would go with Spike and Buffy as a couple.

So take any comments she says about supporting or endorse Buffy and Xander as a couple and throw them in the trash can where they belong.
"Where they belong"? So vociferous.

I didn't know this was an either/or battle. It's not like this is Yankees/Red Sox or something.
"Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair. Or fuckin' beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Till then you've got a lot more punishment in store. So stand it like a man, and give some back."
Cordy's Bitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2005, 07:13 PM   #28
Adrian_Tepes
SPD! Emergency!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cordy's Bitch
"Where they belong"? So vociferous.

I didn't know this was an either/or battle. It's not like this is Yankees/Red Sox or something.

Sorry, it's just that Jane has a history of telling people whatever they want to hear at the time.
Adrian_Tepes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 03:36 AM   #29
skippcomet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andromeda7_4
Actually, what Jane Espenson said was that this idea was under consideration for the season. "On the table" was the expression I believe she used. And she seemed to like the idea.
However, Jane E. never said that Gellar had asked for it to happen.

For that matter, D.B. Woodside said that the idea of Buffy/Wood was on the table, as well.
So I'll continue to think as I did. I really can't see Gellar going for this. Jmo.
I'm curious: Were you actually present at WriterCon when Espenson talked about this, or did you just read about it from somebody else's account? Because ScaryFairy actually was present, and since she's not a B/X shipper, she's really got no reason to lie or twist Espenson's words to suit any particular shipper agenda. And according to Scary, the majority of folks attending Espenson's session were Spike and Spuffy fans, so it's not like Espenson was tailoring her comments to please her audience.

I know you've seized upon Gellar's statement from season 4 in an interview that she wanted a Buffy/Spike relationship as ironclad proof that she is/was a diehard Spuffy through and through. However, that was back in season 4, when the show was probably still mostly fun and enjoyable to make, when Gellar and the rest of the cast were likely still excited that Marsters now a regular, and before the writers had hammered out exactly what direction they were planning to take Spike's character in. Since then, however, she's gone on record with how unhappy she was with the direction season 6 took, with the explicit and (her words) "degrading" depiction of the Spuffy relationship, and with the damage she thought it did to her character. I know that with your Spuffy-colored glasses firmly in place, what I'm about to suggest is inconceivable, but out here in the real world, it's entirely possible that Gellar changed her mind and decided that Spuffy was a bad idea.

*shrugs* It's your opinion, and I know I'm not going to change it. But given the statements of people who were actually involved in the production of the show that, yeah, Sarah really did suggest pursuing a non-Spuffy relationship versus your not-at-all-unbiased belief that Sarah would never support a non-Spuffy ship -- well, you don't really have a deeper insight into Sarah's thinking than any of the rest of us.

Last edited by skippcomet; 08-10-2005 at 03:41 AM.
skippcomet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 06:34 AM   #30
Andromeda7_4

Quote:
Originally Posted by skippcomet
I'm curious: Were you actually present at WriterCon when Espenson talked about this, or did you just read about it from somebody else's account?
I read the transcripts, which I sometimes find more reliable than personal accounts where people don't clearly hear everything said.

Quote:
I know you've seized upon Gellar's statement from season 4 in an interview that she wanted a Buffy/Spike relationship as ironclad proof that she is/was a diehard Spuffy through and through... Since then, however, she's gone on record with how unhappy she was with the direction season 6 took, with the explicit and (her words) "degrading" depiction of the Spuffy relationship, and with the damage she thought it did to her character. I know that with your Spuffy-colored glasses firmly in place, what I'm about to suggest is inconceivable, but out here in the real world, it's entirely possible that Gellar changed her mind and decided that Spuffy was a bad idea.
Oh, I agree. In fact I think SMG decided to veer back toward B/A territory.
I think she may have decided Spuffy was not carried out as she'd hoped, I don't question that. But- it's far from concluding that to deciding B/X was what she wanted, isn't it?

Quote:
*shrugs* It's your opinion, and I know I'm not going to change it. But given the statements of people who were actually involved in the production of the show that, yeah, Sarah really did suggest pursuing a non-Spuffy relationship versus your not-at-all-unbiased belief that Sarah would never support a non-Spuffy ship -
What people would those be? Other than Nick Brendon, has anyone said this?
And I have never said Sarah would not support a non-Spuffy ship; only that I doubt the one she would request is B/X.

Quote:
well, you don't really have a deeper insight into Sarah's thinking than any of the rest of us.
Absolutely. I know I might be wrong, but when I consider everything I've ever heard about SMG, I still think this isn't something she'd do.
(But I suppose it doesn't matter anyway, at this point.}