Register Control Panel Search FAQ/Help/Guide Memberlist Forum Calendar The Stranger Things Store Home Stranger Things Home

Go Back   Stranger Things Forum > Main > The Cordyverse
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-04-2004, 09:46 PM   #61
Chelle

I already posted, but I just wanted to add something. Although it was very short, the hallway scene with CC and JM, the way they bickered back and forth, made me wonder what kind of chemistry they might have had together. Not in a romantic way, but they are so alike in some ways that I think it might have been fun this season to watch their sharp tongues and frank honesty battle it out. CC's responses to Spike would have been much more refreshing than Angel's moping about his presence.
Chelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2004, 09:51 PM   #62
samluvsharrison
...or someone's in fun

Let's get some caps! My paintshop pro is fired up and ready.

In the meantime, I'm off to author my onslaught of positive feedback! Get ready WB mailroom...
Charisma's Bitch #3.6|Shiny Happy Person #3.14159265|Fred Fanatic #Pi|Team Cordy™ #135
samluvsharrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2004, 09:53 PM   #63
Tricia
no people like us....

I cried and I've watched over again and cried so more. The chemistry of old was back and I have to admit the writing for Cordelia's character was absolutely brilliant. I expected to be let down by this episode but the acting was by far excellent. They captured the essence that was Cordelia and Charisma nailed it down 110%. The episode brought back the core characters back to the beginning w/ Angel and his uncertainty about his life, Cordy with all the heart and spunk, and Wes back to his "dorkiness". I'm glad I watched it. I highly recommend it to everyone to see even if you are boycotting Angel it's worth it if you ever were an Angel fan, a C/A fan, or heck even if you never saw the show, watching it will make you want to know the history of the show and C/A just to see how it all evolved.
Tricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2004, 09:54 PM   #64
KeyserSoze
local god

Quote:
2)The Wes and Cordy research scene left my heart in pieces all over the floor again. "Kickin' it old school" indeed. As a matter of fact, I think the Wes/Cordy bits affected me the most and I can't quite say why. I think it's the pain of losing what was once your bestfriend all over again. Unfortunatly I know all too well what that's like.
ITA - And I love that Wes was sooo happy to see her after everything that had happened, and wanted to go shopping with her!

KeyserSoze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2004, 09:55 PM   #65
LaLa247
Wooo!

We need caps, people- move it! Move it!
Charisma's Bitch #1

"Treat everyone the same until you find out they're an idiot." -- Lucy Lawless

President Bush DID have a sure fire plan to end the war in Iraq, However Chuck Norris was busy that day.
LaLa247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2004, 09:57 PM   #66
psychofilly
*My* Angel eats nuns.

Quote:
Originally posted by Jake
I hope you're "right" and hopefully we'll all come in time to view it that way. But I just didn't get that sense, and I viewed the whole hour for glimpses that would permit that belief. I honestly didn't see any (except perhaps the "be seeing you") - although I could certainly be missing something. Perhaps we'll get this view of her story in the series finale if she comes back for it. But it is really hard to hope for any positives when it comes to CC and this show. I've given up.
I saw a lot of stuff, a lot of it in looks, and things left unsaid. Maybe it was the fact that there was *actual* subtlety (I know, it was a shocker). I'm not in any way saying that Cordy has become a "Power" but even the teaser... We get Angel saying he quits and then switch to a view from "on high" (like we got with Cordy in the higher realms s4) and then a swishy/zoom shot down to earth and into her hospital as if we were actually travelling with her spirit back into that room.

There were small cues, something that Lindsey said too, stuck out but I can't remember the exact words. As for seeing Cordy again, I'd say there is little chance and that there is absolutely zip for more C/A ship. However, I get the feel that we were simply seeing someone who was beyond the physical realms (again- ascended) coming back to do just what she said. She wanted to get Angel back on track. The greatest honor for both her and Doyle's sacrifice is for Angel to keep fighting for good. Same as it was honoring Buffy's death to continue living. Angel giving up makes hers and Doyle's life and deaths truly meaningless.

So, yeah. I can see why she made the choice she did, even though Angel is the last person on earth to deserve it. And maybe, that's the point. To have faith in the basic goodness of a person, even when they don't have faith in themselves, even if they don't *deserve* the faith you give them. Is there a greater gift? Every character should take notes.

In my universe without shrimp... Doyle was waiting for her the moment she let go and slipped out of Angel's office and this dimension.
Old 02-04-2004, 09:58 PM   #67
LadyFireHorse
mmmmmmmm bathtime

David, Charisma, thank you.....as usual you guys took script waaaaay beyond mere words.

"Be who you are, say what you think because those who mind don't matter and those who matter, don't mind..." Dr. Seuss
LadyFireHorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2004, 10:01 PM   #68
samluvsharrison
...or someone's in fun

Plus, was it really all that much of a choice?

Stay in a coma for the next ever or help a friend and move on?

Not to diminish it or anything, but it seems like the coma was gonna stick regardless
Charisma's Bitch #3.6|Shiny Happy Person #3.14159265|Fred Fanatic #Pi|Team Cordy™ #135
Old 02-04-2004, 10:02 PM   #69
MrPresident

OMG that was just the saddest episode of Angel, ever! OMG, Charisma and David did such a phenomenal job. God, that last scene, it was heart wrenching. I tried not to cry, but I admit it, I cried like a baby.

The episode as a whole was outstanding! The best episode of Angel, hands down! Charisma and Cordelia were just, wow! Damn, it's hard to even try and talk about this episode right now. Man, I am just such in awe. It sucks that Cordelia had to die, but I have to admit, it made for the best episode of Angel. Damn, I, just damn. Loved it. I am just too sad right now.

Yep, I'm sad.
MrPresident is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2004, 10:03 PM   #70
Chelle

Smile

Psychofilly wrote:

In my universe without shrimp... Doyle was waiting for her the moment she let go and slipped out of Angel's office and this dimension.

What a wonderful world.
Chelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2004, 10:11 PM   #71
psychofilly
*My* Angel eats nuns.

Quote:
Originally posted by samluvsharrison
Plus, was it really all that much of a choice?

Stay in a coma for the next ever or help a friend and move on?

Not to diminish it or anything, but it seems like the coma was gonna stick regardless
Yes, it was a hell of a choice. She was going to die, regardless. This way her death had a positive resonance instead of being the straw that broke Angel's back.

Look at it this way, Angel decides to pack it in, he's bitter, adrift, feels he's no longer a champion (gag) and then gets that phone call as he's clearing out his desk. "Cordy's dead, sorry for your loss..."

And now look at what we got. Angel knows she's okay. He knows that Cordy loved him, and cared for them all unselfishly, and regretted what happened due to Jasmine's interference.

Most important, he now knows that no matter what, she believes in him, and has faith in him to continue the good fight in the name of all the fallen soldiers, including herself.

It makes a huge difference.
Old 02-04-2004, 10:11 PM   #72
Platypus
The Pointy End

Honestly, I don't think she "ascended" in any supernatural sense. I think the last vision killed her. I think the PTB intercepted her on her way to heaven, because they needed her to warn Angel about Lindsay. I think her connection with Angel caused her to sense something more in her vision about Angel being in spiritual danger, not just physical danger, even though she didn't know the details.

I don't think the PTB originally meant for her to go back to help Angel find his way - just to warn him so he could be prepared to fight Lindsay, or the fail-safe, or some other immediate danger. So I believe she bargained with them - I'll give Angel this last message, but only if you let me stay with him until I've put him on the right track, and if I have a chance to say good-bye. She saw that as more important to the over-all mission (to which she was always the most dedicated), and as more important to Angel, and she felt (in her own words) that the PTB owed her one.

So they agreed. I don't think she traded her life - I think she was dead either way. She died in the coma, and was sent back by the PTB to do this one thing. And she needed to do it, so that she could die as a hero by restoring Angel on the mission, because she believed that that was the right and good and heroic thing to do. I think she asked the PTB for that favour so that her death COULD have some meaning beyond her being a victim. I think her "I'll be seein' you" was Cordy putting a brave face on things.

Tact is just not saying true stuff. I'll pass.
Platypus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2004, 10:12 PM   #73
Angellicious

Man, I'm going to have funky dreams alllllll night long from this episode.

Hopefully, they will be good ones.

Team Cordy #224

A little less conversation, a little more action please
Angellicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2004, 10:20 PM   #74
samluvsharrison
...or someone's in fun

Quote:
Originally posted by psychofilly

It makes a huge difference.
I'm not suggesting that it wasn't pivitol, I just feel like it was more of a no brainer than a sacrifice on Cordelia's part. (Which your analysis suggests). I think she worked a good deal, and it was better for all involved, but I don't see her as having to "give up" anything to accomplish it. Once again, not diminishing it.

...Well, I guess one could argue that her sacrifice was the fact that she would have to give up her life after she had been back in it, which is probably far more difficult than just dying in a coma....and that was a really weird sentence to write
Old 02-04-2004, 10:21 PM   #75
jujube1013
spank your inner moppet

i bawled through the whole thing.
the A/C moments were great, the end was...... no words
C/W moments i loved, missed those for a while
they should have had more CC and less with the extras(st, mm)
and that was st? she looked like a little kid, not sexy at all.

and i think they shot themselves in the foot with this one. their prize demo is teenage boys? well if you were a horny teenage boy who would you rather see. three women who look like little girls playing dress-up or CC in those extremely tight pants and major cleavage showing shirts. fred looked ridiculous in those outfits, she was better in jeans and t's or cute little dresses, those things made her look like she went into her mother's closet.

and when you put CC and st together, oh please! no contest. i was never a lilah fan or a sr fan but she was truly missed, at least she was closer to being equal to CC than that child. and the acting esp. during the "fight' with harm can we say wooden, why oh why did they hire this chick.

and Doyle, i'm so glad we got to see him and i believe he and CC are getting a drink at the pub for a good days work.
jujube1013 is offline   Reply With Quote