Register Control Panel Search FAQ/Help/Guide Memberlist Forum Calendar The Stranger Things Store Home Stranger Things Home

Go Back   Stranger Things Forum > Main > The Cordyverse
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-05-2004, 01:12 AM   #31
Cordy Chase
At last...

Quote:
Originally posted by Silly Gilly
She made sure his shirt and jacket looked nice one last time. She was his reflection.
That... is perfect. And made me start bawling my eyes out again.

Thank you, Kar. That was a fantastic read. Tonight has been almost like old times when I ran over here every week after Angel to chat with everyone and read your subtext posts. Only bittersweet this time.

Cassie

"Maybe he just needs to get out of the house, and since I'm currently one of the women sitting home thinking, 'If I could only find a man like Aragorn', he picked me." - Lorelai
Cordy Chase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2004, 01:55 AM   #32
Florrie
I want it all for me...

Didn't cry in the wildfeed, but sobbed near the end reading Kar's subtext. Thanks, chook.

As always, this is a keeper.
Florrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2004, 01:57 AM   #33
Keisha

That really was just uber-WOW!

"If I forgot some stuff, please excuse me; I ate the brown acid at Woodstock '69 and can scarcely remember my own name." Brandon Boyd, in his "Thanks" for the MV album.

Wish you were here

Gutter gal #56 *Charisma's Bitch #26*So hard Gal #2AKA Queen Keisha (I am dammit!!!)
Keisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2004, 02:51 AM   #34
Clln
Classic Stranger

I.Love.Kar.

I'm all nostalgic now.
Old 02-05-2004, 03:04 AM   #35
arkady

Man Kar I haven't even been able to watch the ep yet, darn people on Kazaa aren't sharing enough, but your description had me all teary. Thanks for the wonderful synopsis.
arkady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2004, 05:14 AM   #36
Emmangel
Administrator

Man, it’s been so long since the good old subtext thread. It’s strange that so many people have never been in one before. Ahh for the good old days…

*sniff* It’s been a long time coming, but it was worth it. Kar, as always, you’re fantastic in your review. As I believe Florrie(?) said, the wildfeed didn’t move me, but I’m sitting here at work sniffling reading what you wrote. Wonderful.

And that ‘I get that now’ line when talking about Doyle? Too sad, especially as that’s exactly what he said in Hero.
Old 02-05-2004, 07:37 AM   #37
LadyJubilee

Quote:
Originally posted by KarKar
"New clothes! New clothes! I have new clothes!" I was kinda hoping for another new clothes dance.
They did dance, though. I didn't notice until the second time through, but when Cordy does her little jumps, Angel is right there with her---and with the handclap too
LadyJubilee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2004, 07:44 AM   #38
starlet2367
glitterati

Oh, damn, Kar, you turned on my waterworks. :sobs into the third Kleenex of the thread: I thought I'd stopped crying after I saw the ep last night, but evidently your subtext has the ability to move me all over again.

I love the idea of counting referenced eps for this one. They did such a good job of continuity. Did anyone else notice that Eve said, "The house always wins"? I wondered if that was a reference to something that happened in that ep. Where Angel lost his path and Cordy set him back on it from the higher realms. Ah, are we sensing a pattern?

I can't wait to watch this ep again. I taped it for Trillian--I wasn't even going to bother taping it at all, and wouldn't have if she hadn't asked for it. But now Trillian might not get her tape. LOL Let's hope her TIVO worked!

:hugs Kar: Thanks, sweetie, for all the years of reading between the lines and interpreting the story for us. Your insight brings so much to my viewing of the show--after reading your subtext threads, I have to go back and watch the ep again, and I always get more out of it.

Kel
starlet2367 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2004, 07:59 AM   #39
rainy

Kar - thank you. Makes me pine for the good 'ol days. First the episode,now this. The sad just keeps on comin'.
rainy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2004, 10:48 AM   #40
Sugar Bliss
Good Advice Giver

Thank you Kar, it was nice to do this one more time. I cried reading that and now I want comfort food.
Team Cordy™ #8

"For I am Satan" - Kath, MSN, 28th July, 2002

me, myself, and I

Sugar Bliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2004, 03:25 PM   #41
Angelicgal82

Kar, I just want to say I love you.

The one thing I've missed about not watching Angel? Your Subtext posts. Reading this made me cry like a baby. I've saved it for further reading but.... Damn.

I haven't even watched the episode yet, so I know I'm gonna bawl my eyes out but thank you SO so much.

You're a star.
Old 02-05-2004, 03:26 PM   #42
Bertha Blue

Wow KarKar, that was just awesome. That post made me cry all over again.

I got one. When Spike tells Cordy and Angel to go ahead without him while he fights the zombies and CC/DB exit the scene, DB puts his hand on the small of CC's back as they leave. Any other actors would of just ran off. But not them. Very protective gesture.

And I loved the part with Angel pleading for Cordy not to leave and she says-don't make this harder than it already is because neither one of them wants to let the other go.

Plus, I could of sworn Angel DID call Cordy-Cor at the hospital when he first sees her.
Old 02-05-2004, 03:54 PM   #43
Tricia
no people like us....

Kar,
That was a great post and just brings tears to my eyes.
Tricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2004, 04:07 PM   #44
Amz
Pretty girl . . .

Wow Kar. That was just wow. I could not stop crying by the end of that.

Thank you.

Amz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2004, 06:08 PM   #45
ophelia

Oh Kar.

I was fine not having taped the episode and then you go and ruin it!

Damn you and your observant nature.