Register Control Panel Search FAQ/Help/Guide Memberlist Forum Calendar The Stranger Things Store Home Stranger Things Home

Go Back   Stranger Things Forum > Main > The Cordyverse
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-04-2004, 07:55 PM   #1
Penny Century
Rich girl, superhero

The Official "You're Welcome" Subtext Thread

It's been a long, long time.

The episode discussion rules apply. Just don't post about the ep until the broadcast is finished in the Eastern and Central time zones.

Enjoy!
Old 02-04-2004, 08:10 PM   #2
Elisha
Classic

Whee a subtext threat! It’s like old times.

Right who’s on walking in the snow uphill both ways with no shoes on, duty?

Team Cordy #813 -Loving Cordelia is not just our right but our responsibility.
Charisma's Bitch #3
Greenies Groupies #813

I am the surgeon of mean.

Elisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2004, 08:26 PM   #3
MrPresident

What's a subtext thread? Is there any nude dancing around a fire? Cus I brought matches.
MrPresident is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2004, 09:03 PM   #4
Bullocks
holding onto hope

*strips off clothes* Why not? There's no rule that says we can't! (looks around for Penny)

"Two roads diverged in a wood, and I took the road less traveled by and they CANCELLED MY FRIKKIN' SHOW. I totally shoulda took the road that had all those people on it. Damn." --Joss Whedon
He left us a legacy. To give others less fortunate than we are a chance to turn our lives around. Now I want him to have that chance.-Legacy, gone but not forgotten
Connor Fan #129
Darla Fan #025
Van/Hitomi/Allen Fan
DS9 Fan
Frillie Fan
Kagome/Inuyasha Fan
Sesshoumaru/Kagura Fan
Bullocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2004, 09:14 PM   #5
LaLa247
Wooo!

Quote:
Originally posted by Bullocks
*strips off clothes* Why not? There's no rule that says we can't! (looks around for Penny)
NO NUDITY IN HERE! That goes in the party thread.

The kiss! THE KISS!

And now I'll wait for Kar.
Charisma's Bitch #1

"Treat everyone the same until you find out they're an idiot." -- Lucy Lawless

President Bush DID have a sure fire plan to end the war in Iraq, However Chuck Norris was busy that day.
LaLa247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2004, 09:20 PM   #6
Cantinera
Miss StrangerThings 2003

Location: I don't know at the moment, so stop asking difficult questions.
Quote:
Originally posted by MrPresident
What's a subtext thread? Is there any nude dancing around a fire? Cus I brought matches.
It's basically the thread where we wait for KarKar to do her wonders.

Also, it was a tradition at ST before the couple was conventional to noticed the subtext between Cordy and Angel, like holding her hand in TSiLA and the like.

But we mainly just wait for Karen to show up.

Last.fm: for the musically nosy.
Cantinera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2004, 09:34 PM   #7
starlet2367
glitterati

Well, while we're waiting for Karen, I just want to comment on the hug at the beginning. My God, the smile on Angel's face. Cordy's the only one who's ever made him smile like that, the only one he's ever loved like that.

And the realization at the end that she was really gone, that it was all...not real.... My God, I think we got the truth of what she meant to him in that look. He thought he was lost before, but now he's helpless. Yeah, he's got his mojo back, he's back with the mission. But his heart is gone and he knows it. Life for Angel is gonna be empty for a long time, no matter what chick they throw at him next.

Kel
starlet2367 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2004, 09:38 PM   #8
Bullocks
holding onto hope

Quote:
Originally posted by LaLa247
NO NUDITY IN HERE! That goes in the party thread.

The kiss! THE KISS!

And now I'll wait for Kar.
Aww shucks. I guess I'll settle for Angel/Cordy smoochies. he he he B/A soulmates my ass. I hate the "s" word, but if anyone's soulmates in the Jossverse, it's Cordy/Angel.

"Two roads diverged in a wood, and I took the road less traveled by and they CANCELLED MY FRIKKIN' SHOW. I totally shoulda took the road that had all those people on it. Damn." --Joss Whedon
He left us a legacy. To give others less fortunate than we are a chance to turn our lives around. Now I want him to have that chance.-Legacy, gone but not forgotten
Connor Fan #129
Darla Fan #025
Van/Hitomi/Allen Fan
DS9 Fan
Frillie Fan
Kagome/Inuyasha Fan
Sesshoumaru/Kagura Fan
Old 02-04-2004, 09:41 PM   #9
imona
Eat my dust!

I can't get over how Cordy was all about getting "her guy" back on track if it was the last thing she did and last week Buffy was too busy to come talk to "the guy she doesn't trust" so she sent Andrew and a passel of slayers. Angel? Who loves ya baby?

"Unwisely, Santa offered a teddy bear to James, unaware he had been mauled by a grizzly earlier that year." from The Melancholy Death of Oyster Boy & Other Stories by Tim Burton
Charisma's BITCH #7
Team Cordy #183
imona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2004, 09:43 PM   #10
Dimitri
Life is but a dream...

Uh...subtext...subtext...can't think of a thing.

I personally found the kiss rather disapointing, but that's probably because of the end of the episode.

*waves at Bullocks*

Rurouni Kenshin!
"Ever heard this story? There once was a tiger-striped cat. This cat...died a million deaths, revived and lived a million lives. And he was owned by various people who he didn't really care for. The cat wasn't afraid to die. Then one day, the cat became a stray cat, which meant he was free. He met a white female cat. And the two of them spent their days together happily. Well, years passed and the white cat grew weak and died of old age. The tiger-striped cat cried a million times and then he died, too. Except this time, he didn't come back to life."
-Spike
Dimitri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2004, 09:47 PM   #11
Bullocks
holding onto hope

Quote:
Originally posted by Cantinera
It's basically the thread where we wait for KarKar to do her wonders.

Also, it was a tradition at ST before the couple was conventional to noticed the subtext between Cordy and Angel, like holding her hand in TSiLA and the like.

But we mainly just wait for Karen to show up.
Which brings to mind something else, am I the only one that is still tired of C/A listed under "unconventional" shipping? What the freak, they're a couple dammit! Since season 3 for goodness sakes. If this episode doesn't make them conventional, I don't know what does!

Connor Fan #129
Darla Fan #025
Van/Hitomi/Allen Fan
DS9 Fan
Frillie Fan
Kagome/Inuyasha Fan
Sesshoumaru/Kagura Fan
Old 02-04-2004, 09:48 PM   #12
tojoson

after the kiss, while they are still close, and she is straightening out his shirt collar.

nah, there's no attraction there
Old 02-04-2004, 09:51 PM   #13
Bullocks
holding onto hope

Quote:
Originally posted by Dimitri
Uh...subtext...subtext...can't think of a thing.

I personally found the kiss rather disapointing, but that's probably because of the end of the episode.

*waves at Bullocks*

Rurouni Kenshin!
Sorry to double post--but yes, we do have to talk about that, don't we? he he he

Connor Fan #129
Darla Fan #025
Van/Hitomi/Allen Fan
DS9 Fan
Frillie Fan
Kagome/Inuyasha Fan
Sesshoumaru/Kagura Fan
Old 02-04-2004, 09:53 PM   #14
Cantinera
Miss StrangerThings 2003

Location: I don't know at the moment, so stop asking difficult questions.
Quote:
Which brings to mind something else, am I the only one that is still tired of C/A listed under "unconventional" shipping? What the freak, they're a couple dammit! Since season 3 for goodness sakes. If this episode doesn't make them conventional, I don't know what does!
I know they are listed as UC still, but I don't get that. Maybe they didn't have all the smoochies and sex, but it was pretty much text that they were in love. I guess we are the red-headed stepchild of the shipper fandom.

Last.fm: for the musically nosy.
Cantinera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2004, 09:56 PM   #15
Dimitri
Life is but a dream...

Quote:
Sorry to double post--but yes, we do have to talk about that, don't we? he he he
Yup, Yup! I've been waiting foreeeeeeeeeeeever for someone to show up who watched the show and liked it.
"Ever heard this story? There once was a tiger-striped cat. This cat...died a million deaths, revived and lived a million lives. And he was owned by various people who he didn't really care for. The cat wasn't afraid to die. Then one day, the cat became a stray cat, which meant he was free. He met a white female cat. And the two of them spent their days together happily. Well, years passed and the white cat grew weak and died of old age. The tiger-striped cat cried a million times and then he died, too. Except this time, he didn't come back to life."
-Spike
Dimitri is offline   Reply With Quote