Register Control Panel Search FAQ/Help/Guide Memberlist Forum Calendar The Stranger Things Store Home Stranger Things Home

Go Back   Stranger Things Forum > Main > TV Party! > TV Class Reunion!
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-05-2011, 01:48 PM   #61
Morrigan
Who Da Man?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamIAm View Post
I don't really 'ship anyone, except maybe Parker/Me, but I think Eliot needs a woman who knows at least 32 ways to kill a man with her thumb. Like that Mossad(?) agent last season.
Hah, you and every other straight male Leverage fan.

I can see the argument that Eliot needs someone like him but Eliot's role is that of the protector and I think it's one he likes. The thing I like about Sophie is that for as much as she plays the proper lady every once in a while you see her get down and dirty, like when she head-butted that guy in S2? I know they'll never go there and it's not a requirement but I do like the concept.

Quote:
His excuse was something along the lines of making sure the rest of the team didn't find out anything had changed between him and Sophie. His attitude conveyed more a fear that he might actually find something to be happy about and he wasn't going to have that. It was almost Angel-like. Anyway, I thought it was pretty sad, and felt bad for him and Sophie. Also I felt bad 'cause we still don't know Sophie's real name.
That is rather sad, I really do wonder if Nate can ever be happy? It's kind of like what Sophie said to him at the end of Sunday's episode. Was he crawling into the bottle b/c of what he believes the team thinks of him or what he sees in the mirror?

The interesting thing is I think the team really does see him as he truly is but accepts him (same as they do for each other). In the end I think Nate is probably the darkest character on the show, more so than Eliot (who has done some really bad things).
Old 07-05-2011, 07:53 PM   #62
starlet2367
glitterati

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamIAm View Post
I don't really 'ship anyone, except maybe Parker/Me, but I think Eliot needs a woman who knows at least 32 ways to kill a man with her thumb. Like that Mossad(?) agent last season.
Dude. Now I'm shipping Eliot/Ziva (NCIS).
starlet2367 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 07:50 AM   #63
SamIAm
It's all about Cordy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by starlet2367 View Post
Dude. Now I'm shipping Eliot/Ziva (NCIS).
As long as she can take care of herself, I think Eliot would appreciate the break.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morrigan View Post
Hah, you and every other straight male Leverage fan.
Well, think about it. You need a car, boom, there's a new BMW 750iL. Need a hundred thousand dollars? Parker makes a "withdrawal". And she's hot.

Quote:
I know they'll never go there and it's not a requirement but I do like the concept.
Yeah, I like that Sophie's one of those 'git'er done' types, but they have invested way too much into her and Nate to change now.

Quote:
Was he crawling into the bottle b/c of what he believes the team thinks of him or what he sees in the mirror?
The team, concerns that he might have killed that dude last week aside, hold him in high regard, so I'd say it's his issue, not theirs.

Quote:
In the end I think Nate is probably the darkest character on the show, more so than Eliot (who has done some really bad things).
Eliot (and the rest) seem to have made their peace with their pasts and with each other, and are happy to do now what they do as a kind of atonement, for want of a better word. But Nate's all about wallowing in the past, even though I'm not sure there was much else he could have done for his son than he did. It's pretty much the insurance company's fault, not his. But like Angel before him (to extend the comparison), Nate can't seem to accept that sometimes there's nothing to be done, and it's not his fault that's true.
Old 07-18-2011, 11:32 AM   #64
Morrigan
Who Da Man?!

Finally watched the season premiere On Demand.

I really love Parker/Hardison, I plainly adore Hardison and Aldis Hodge. Love the Eliot/Parker talk, they are an interesting pair. I love that Parker wants to be "good" like Nate/Sophie/Hardison but she's not, she and Eliot are more pragmatic.

However, I don't think for a minute, no matter how good a person is they'd waste all of their resources trying to bring a dead climber back down the mountain. Or maybe I have more in common with Parker/Eliot than the rest of them.

I loved the Eliot/Hardison interaction, the fact that Eliot just walked up and gave him a hug on the way up the mountain was too cute for words.

I didn't like the ending that much, mostly b/c I'm over Sophie/Nate, they just don't work for me. The irony is that I was pretty much on board with Nate/Sophie at the end of S2 but S3/4 have just moved the pair into a position I can't route for.

I'm not sure if it's the theme of the season but I get the feeling that the team is just plain tired of Nate's drinking.
Old 07-18-2011, 11:38 AM   #65
SamIAm
It's all about Cordy.

Quote:
However, I don't think for a minute, no matter how good a person is they'd waste all of their resources trying to bring a dead climber back down the mountain. Or maybe I have more in common with Parker/Eliot than the rest of them.
No, that was a bit much. There are people who do just that sort of thing for a living, and they'll do it whether you're rich or poor. There was no need for Eliot and Parker to do it.

Quote:
I'm not sure if it's the theme of the season but I get the feeling that the team is just plain tired of Nate's drinking.
I think they're just tired of Nate feeling sorry for himself.