Register Control Panel Search FAQ/Help/Guide Memberlist Forum Calendar The Stranger Things Store Home Stranger Things Home

Go Back   Stranger Things Forum > Main > Charisma Carpenter
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-17-2009, 09:25 AM   #1
Emmangel
Administrator

Charisma Announced for Dragon*Con!

For those interested, Charisma has been announced for Dragon*Con this year.

I, along with the usual band of Strangers will be there, so expect plenty of photos and reports from the weekend!

ETA: The Attendees List!
Attending

Emmangel
Mab
Kar Kar
Trillian
Tchouli
Starlet2367
Prima
Penny Century
Lilly Rose
Landrews

Possibly Attending
Morrigan
Old 04-17-2009, 09:48 AM   #2
Penny Century
Rich girl, superhero

Well, it looks as if I have to check the budget and see if I can make it this year.
Old 04-17-2009, 01:12 PM   #3
starlet2367
glitterati

Holy shite! I was thinking about going this year (haven't been since the Strangers met there eons ago). Now it's confirmed!
starlet2367 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 02:46 PM   #4
Emmangel
Administrator

Excellent! I think I'll keep tabs on who's going and edit the info into the first post. It'd be great to have a big Stranger get together again!
Old 04-17-2009, 04:12 PM   #5
Bryan

Smile

I see Julie Benz is down to attend also.
Bryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 09:12 PM   #6
Penny Century
Rich girl, superhero

Oh - em - gee. Barry Bostwick is confirmed as a guest, too. I think there's no way I can't go at this point.

(Also Alan Ruck! Awesome!)
Old 09-11-2009, 09:40 PM   #7
Emmangel
Administrator

Hey guys, I've uploaded some photos from the con (Friday) to my LJ, and can be found here: http://abby-i.livejournal.com/510375.html
Old 09-11-2009, 10:11 PM   #8
samsmom

thank you Emmanuel!

Awww, Julie and Charisma are BFFs. I loved seeing their heads together like that! So sweet.
samsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 11:18 PM   #9
DamnSkippy

Those are some gorgeous pics, Em! It sounds like it would have been impossible to choose which panels to go to. And the lines? OMG, I would have stayed in my room and watched what I could catch on DCTV I think.

Thanks for posting them!
DamnSkippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 11:53 PM   #10
LordKain
Devil Hunter

nice pictures Emmanuel thanks for posting these.
LordKain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 02:59 AM   #11
Bryan

Thumbs up

Thanks for the pics "Emmangel"
Bryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 09:33 AM   #12
Emmangel
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamnSkippy View Post
It sounds like it would have been impossible to choose which panels to go to. And the lines? OMG, I would have stayed in my room and watched what I could catch on DCTV I think.
It's hard, but that's where planning comes in. I spend the weekend before going through the pocket program, and the spreesheet they put online, and work everything out.

Most guests do a panel each day, so it's just a case of planning and figuring out when you need to get there early, and when you can do panels back to back. The bonus is the more years you go, the more you can cut tracks out (I didn't do any Stargate this year for example). I did watch a Torchwood panel in my room, so DCTV does come in handy!

I've also found a book of Sudoku passes the time much quicker than a book, as it takes more of your concentration. Top tip for 2010. LOL!

This was my schedule for this year: http://abby-i.net/ljmisc/dragoncon09.html I decided to skip two panels due to lazyness, but otherwise it worked out fine and I mananged to see everything I wanted too. (these bolded are what I decided to attend, the others are conflicting talks)

Saying all that though, as the con can't expand it terms space anymore (there are no more hotels to expand into close by, and they don't want to use a convention centre), I really hope they consider expanding the con to include Thursday. I think it'd improve things a great deal.
Old 09-12-2009, 01:13 PM   #13
DamnSkippy

Thanks, Em, for that background info. It sounds like a very hectic 3 days. A fourth day would be a great idea.

Oh, I see there was another Buffy panel on Sunday? I haven't seen any videos or reports of that one come out. I hope someone went!
DamnSkippy is offline   Reply With Quote