Register Control Panel Search FAQ/Help/Guide Memberlist Forum Calendar The Stranger Things Store Home Stranger Things Home

Go Back   Stranger Things Forum > Special Presentations > Long Live The Queen: A Cordelia Chase Tribute

Old 03-20-2004, 02:12 PM   #121
Bert
The Evil Potato Chip

That Old Gang of Mine finds us in the middle of a Gunn-centric episode. And to be fair, I dont recall much about this episode as i only ever watched it once... I dont like the whole Brothers with an attitude against white folk vibe... but that's a different story.

When Merl dies, Cordy puts Angel right at the top of Merl's enemies list and being encouraged to talk to Fred. Cordy responds with "She's sweet and adorable and - seems to be laughing at something that shrub just said." I'm really stuck on things to say about her... She does say eww when she thinks of Angel paying the furies? Is she jealous?

At Weekends My Name Is Ernie
Bert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2004, 02:57 PM   #122
rousedower
cancelled

"Carpe Noctem." A silly stand-alone ep.

Cordy is all about nipping Fred's crush on Angel in the bud. "She's got the big puppy love. And I mean, who wouldn't? You're handsome, brave, heroic, emotionally stunted, prone to turning evil and let's face it a eunich." She tells him he has to let her down gently, he agrees but wants her to do it for him. She won't let him get off the hook so easily. Angel's body is taken over by some old guy. He hits on Cordy, she has no idea something's wrong she just thinks he's acting weird so he doesn't have to talk to Fred.

Later, "Angel" is macking on Lilah. That's when Cordy knows something is wrong. The gang jumps him and rescues the real Angel from the retirement home. They switch back, and later Angel has "the talk" with Fred. Then they get a call. Cordy comes running out, "Buffy's alive!" She's obviously happy for both Angel and Buffy, despite any animosity there once was between the two girls.

And that's pretty much it. A cute, harmless ep. Good C/A interaction.
Stake Darla #13
Greenie Groupie #13

Last edited by rousedower; 03-24-2004 at 05:33 PM.
rousedower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2004, 03:57 PM   #123
Bert
The Evil Potato Chip

Oh, hey, did anyone else realise that 'That Vision Thing' is Cordy's one hundredth ep? Pretty damn cool for a one hundreth ep.

Old 03-21-2004, 04:59 PM   #124
writingpathways
Rachel Elisabeth

Location: Real Life Locale: Somewhere in Connecticut. The truth: In my head. It's both scary and quite lovely there.
Quote:
Originally posted by Bert
Oh, hey, did anyone else realise that 'That Vision Thing' is Cordy's one hundredth ep? Pretty damn cool for a one hundreth ep.
Ooh. Cool factoid!
Old 03-22-2004, 01:00 PM   #125
Bert
The Evil Potato Chip

Well Fredless, surpisingly is an episode all about Fred... and it starts off with Cordy trying to encourage Wes to take charge more

"Angel - keeps complaining that the weapons cabinet is all different. But, Wesley, who's the boss around here? You - or the guy with the pancreas dagger?"

And then she and Wes do thier impression of Buffy and Angel which is hilarious

Cordy: Oh - Angel! I know that I'm a Slayer and you a vampire - and it would be impossible for us to be together - but!
Wes: But!My gypsy curse sometimes prevent me from seeing the truth. Oh, Buffy!
Cordy: Yes, Angel?
Wes: Oh, I love you so much I almost forgot to brood!
Cordy: And just because I sent you to hell that one time doesn't mean that we can't just be friends.Oh!
Wes: Or possibly more.
Cordy: Gasp! No! We mustn't.
Wes: Kiss me.
Cordy: Bite me!
Angel: How about you both bite me.

This was hilarious, finally the B/A relationship getting the mockery it deserved way back in season 3 of Buffy...

Anyway, there wasnt a lot for Cordy to do in the rest of the episode, but she did get some good lines later when treating all the injuries...

Mmm. Occupational hazard. I mean, sure there is the occasional demon who tries to kill us with pillows, but, sadly, those cases are few and far between.

AND

Voila! That's French for 'I think we stopped the bleeding.'

Then Angel gets to act like a complete dork when Cordy says it's his turn to be doctored. I think he'd have liked to play that game when everyone else were some place that was other...

Then when Fred has gone and they're all busy missing her parents (wierd) Cordy says that she can be soothing...

And what? I'm not soothing? I can be soothing. I could soothe your ass off, pal.

Anyway, the bitch comes out in her...

Personally, I'm glad she's gone. It's gonna be a load off not having to worry about crazy taco lady anymore.

But then we soon see that the bitchiness is just a defence mechanism - as it always has been - when Angel says she'll visit and Cordy gives a big goofy grin...

Do you really think she'll come back and visit?

And that's it for another ep...

Just a little sidebar about this ep, but i think it would have been more effective if Fred had been kept a guest star for the first few episodes and then made permanent as of the next ep...

Old 03-22-2004, 01:29 PM   #126
DamnSkippy

I would just like to point out a C/A moment on Cordy's part in Carpe Noctum. When she's telling Angel he has to talk to Fred about her puppy love and she lists his attributes and problems, she says about the curse "Really no cure for that, huh?" (or very similar). That, to my mind, is the first time we see Cordy hopeful/wishful that there might be a cure and an indication why she keeps herself from seeing him as a possible love interest. I think if Angel had responded, "There is a binding spell we could do...," that Cordy would've lit up like a Christmas tree and started rethinking their "friendship" instantly.
DamnSkippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2004, 01:10 PM   #127
Bert
The Evil Potato Chip

Wow, i thought somebody would have snapped up 'Billy' by now... This is one of my favourite Cordy eps.

Ok, first off we get the adorable scene of Angel teaching Cordy to fight and she compares it to Cheerleading, which in a way answers many peoples questions about how come she got so good so quick
"Three years of Varsity Cheer Squad, I only ever had to be shown a move once."
Then she does the big cheerleading thing "Ready? Ok!" and pins Angel against the wall with her sword. Gorgeous.

Cordy noticed that Wes had arranged an intimate meal for two with Fred and then invited the others along as well.

She feels guilt over the woman's death, it's because of her that Billy's out and SHE has got do something to put it right. And then we get the first Cordy Lilah scene there has ever been. "Are you gonna invite me in? Oh, wait. I'm not a vampire." Then Cordy barges in. I love the following scene, I think it's one of the best in Angel's history. Nearly every line is a classic and thier riff on fashion is so good.

Cordy: I want you to tell me about Billy. Everything you didn't tell Angel. I want you to help me stop him.
Lilah: And what makes you think I'm gonna do that?
Cordy: Well, there's your face - for starters.
Lilah: I know the risks of my job and I accept them.
Cordy: Then why where you crying five minutes ago? - There's not a thing about badly reapplied mascara that I don't know.
Lilah: I'm not Lindsey McDonald. I don't switch sides whenever it gets tough. And since when is this your job? I thought Angel was the dark avenger.
Cordy: Angel feels responsible for this guy because he brought him back from hell. I feel responsible because he did it to save me. You, who are actually responsible for the entire thing, feel nothing at all, because you are a vicious bitch.
Lilah: So? You know me.
Cordy: Please, I was you - with better shoes.
Lilah: These are Boracchi.
Cordy: Fall collection?
Lilah: Next spring.
Cordy: He's widened the heel.
Lilah: And rounded the toe.
Cordy: That won't work with pink.
Lilah: The pink is out this spring.
Cordy: Billy Blim makes people crazy.
Lilah: Not all people. Just men. He brings out a primordial misogyny in them. Turns them into killers.
Cordy: Then why didn't he do it to Angel?
Lilah: Angel's seen him?
Cordy: Yes, right before he escaped from the cops. What's so witty?
Lilah: Billy's touch works differently on different men. Some lose their mind in an instant. Others - can take hours. - Gee, I sure hope Angel isn't starting to feel testy.
Cordy: "ou better hope it.
Lilah: I know. I've seen his dark side.
Cordy: You really haven't. - I have to find Billy.
Lilah: And I'm gonna help you why?
Cordy: You know that guy that you hired to hack into my visions? What he did to me? What it felt like? I was cut, my face disfigured, and burning with pain every second not knowing if it was gonna end or just get worse till I died.
Lilah: So you think I owe you...
Cordy: "It's not the pain. It's the helplessness. The certainty that there is nothing you can do to stop it, that your life can be thrown away in an instant by someone else. He doesn't care. He'll beat you down until you stay down because he doesn't even think of you as alive. - No woman should ever have to go through that, and no woman strong enough to wear the mantel of 'vicious bitch' would ever put up with it. - Where is Billy going?

I love that (thanks to Buffyworld.com for the scene)

Billy: I don't hate women. I mean, sure, you're all whores who sell yourselves for money and prestige, but men are just as bad. Maybe even worse. They're willing to throw away careers or families, or even lives for what's under your skirt!

To which Cordy replies... "I'm wearing pants" LOVE IT!

Actually, I'm feeling superior because I have an arrow pointed at your jugular. - And the irony of using a phallic shaped weapon? Not lost on me.

Anyway, soemthing i've just noticed. This was very similar to what happened to Fred Supersymmetry which happens almost a year to the day.

Fred/Cordy has been tortured because of Prof/Billy. Both want revenge and go out to seek it. Gunn/Angel comes to stop Fred/Cordy and is ready to kill Prof/Billy instead of having thier ladies do it.

Then the following year Fred/Cordy goes evil.
Hmmm...

the only real difference was that Gunn actually did do it whereas Lilah killed Billy. Yuo have to wonder what would have happened of the C/A relationship if Angel had killed him.

Anyway, that didnt happen, so we get another very C/A scene of them doing synchronised weapon practice. You can tell he loves her now, he used to do that with Buffy...

Old 03-23-2004, 01:18 PM   #128
shar

hi
i just wanted to say i love this thread you guys are doing a great job on the reviews and im lovin it sorry i havent said it before.
I agree bert i love this episode great recap helped me avoid my assignment for another few minutes so bonus points.
Thanks for all the great highlights.

Shar
shar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2004, 02:08 PM   #129
Bert
The Evil Potato Chip

Anything in the name of procastination...

Old 03-23-2004, 04:07 PM   #130
SamIAm
It's all about Cordy.

Quote:
Originally posted by Bert
And then we get the first Cordy Lilah scene there has ever been.
First. Last. Only. There were no other Cordy-Lilah scenes.
Old 03-24-2004, 02:21 PM   #131
Bert
The Evil Potato Chip

True. Apart from when she killed her.... but that wasnt Cordy...

Anyway, the next ep is Offspring. And it starts with how the last ep left off. Cordy and Angel are down in the basement, but instead of training, Cordy is putting some fake flowers into position, to try and cheer it up a bit... Bless her...

Angel: You know, I've been around a long time...
Cordy: Which reminds me. Next birthday, you think we could skip the two-hundred and fifty odd candles on the cake and the inevitable fire marshal and just go and just go with a little song?"
Angel: And I've never known anyone like you.

The first bit just made me crack up laughing and then I went all sappy when Angel said that last bit. And i dont get sappy much... More often than you'd think, but not much... Anyway, what's Cordy's response to this statement? Well, duh!

So then they do a bit more training and Cordy not only punches Angel hard across the face, but she hurts him!! Yay! These two have the strangest dates. YES, i said date, these two were dating by this time, they couldnt sleep with each other, so they were as close as two people can be without doing that. Fair enough they weren't kissing, but they are as close as he and Buffy were...

Anyway, Fred comes down into the basement a little later on and hears:

Cordy: Ow. That doesn't feel right.
Angel: Just relax. You have to bend.
Cordy: I don't bend there. - Okay. Now that's downright unnatural.

What would you think if you were in Fred's position? Well, i'm betting it's probably not "Kerumption" but there you go, we're not all Fred are we? Anyway Cordy hears this (Right back at you) and leaves.

Anyway Fred and Angel talk for a while about Angel and Cordy's kerumption, and Fred concedes that there's nothing between them but Moira(gut physical attraction). And i'm sure we all agree. Anyway the main point is that Angel gets all playgroundy about it when Fred mentions all the Moira Kerumption crap.

And then of course he starts watching her. Just Her. Only her. On Purpose. He sees the others and moves so that he can only see Cordy. Wow....

Cordy on what she would do if Angel turned Human: I'd buy him some plaid shirts and take him to the beach. The boy needs some color.

She'd take him to the beach, where traditionally, she can get away with exposing a large part of her body to him, without getting into dangerous territory. In return, she can see a lot of his. She fancies the pants off of him...

And he all but tells her how he feels when she cuts in with

Cordy: Angel, are you trying to say you love me?
Angel: What?
Cordy: I love you too.
Angel: You do? When did this...
Cordy: Angel loves me. I love him.
Angel: Oh, my god!
Cordy: You guys love us and we love you.
Fred, Wes and Gunn chorus: We love you Angel.
Cordy: They were all saying it earlier. Just in case this prophecy comes true and we all die. - You're not gonna wanna hug, are you?

SHE SAID IT!!! YAY! He didnt. This is the first time he doesnt say it. Is someone going to keep track? No? Ok. Anyway, she doesnt want to hug him. Why? Because she's scared. She might enjoy it. She just told Angel she loved him. And this is the first time she's realised that there may be some truth in the matter. She just puts up a brave face and someone who doesnt know Cordy like i do (Or is just NOT Deluded) would just think, that she doesnt love him at all. Not in that way. But she does.

Anyway, any minute now, these two have got to get together, there's really nothing that can come between them now, is there? Of course not, give it a week, and they'll be not-f**king like rabbits.

Then Darla enters. Pregnant. And Cordelia gets pissed with Angel. Very pissed. He lied to her. And because of that she does something very stupid. She's sympathetic to Darla. Not a good idea, and not something Cordy would have done, if Angel had told her, what he and DArla had done.

Anyway, they go to visit Lorne, where the find the furies, last seen in That Old Gang Of Mine.

Cordy: And here we have three more of Angel's chippies. You girls are on the pill I hope.

Anyway, Darla attacks Cordy and Cordy despite her training is only saved by a vision. Anyway, then Cordy gets to do the big reveal later on, and she's smart enough to figure this out, she doesnt get told this directly she figures it out.

Darla's baby has a soul. And everyone goes all gooey and decides they can't kill it after all, because it has a soul. Fat lot of good it does, though.

Old 03-24-2004, 05:28 PM   #132
DamnSkippy

Bert, Bert, Bert. You forgot one of the best C/A moments evah!!1@!! The big swoop and carry after he tosses Darla off of her. He's so afraid that Cordy's seriously hurt it's just heartbreaking. He wubs her.
DamnSkippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2004, 08:02 PM   #133
tojoson

it's a;so where we get the lines "human, vampire___woman, man--pire"
Old 03-25-2004, 02:00 PM   #134
Bert
The Evil Potato Chip

Whoops! But it's been a while since i've seen season 3. I'm going partly from scripts from Buffyworld.com and partly from memory!!! If i do miss anything, please shout at me... I did see the manpire bit though, but i was runnning out of time... Anyway, i'll be back in a bit with the next installment...

Old 03-25-2004, 02:21 PM   #135
Bert
The Evil Potato Chip

Ok, We're onto Quickening. The middle episode of this little Darla arc and we find the gang coming up with suggestions on what to do to the little thing that will pop out of Darla anytime now...

Wes: Clearly something wants this thing to come to term. - We'll wait for it to be born then we'll chop its head off.
Fred: Well, what if it doesn't have a head?
Cordy: We're gonna need a really big mallet.

Watching this after seeing season 4 is great, you can imagine Cordy running around after a full sized Connor with a huge mallet, makes me laugh every time... Anyway, this is THE moment of the episode and of course, it belongs to Cordy. When asked if she'll help protect Darla....

You want me to protect the vampire bitch who bit me *and* her evil love child?

She glares at Darla for a moment before giving her a good old punch in the face and happily stating "Ok, i'm in!"

I love this bit. She's so loyal to Angel, that she'll help him out, but then she still gets her revenge. Well... we all knew that Cordy wasn't a brilliant fighter back in the day, but she has been training with Angel and now she's punched Darla right into labour. That was one hell of a whack.

Anyway, they take Darla off to a hospital where we find Angel wheeling Darla down the corridor. Then Cordy sticks her head out a door. "Psst, paging Dr Angel."

Hehe, a few weeks ago during Fredless, Cordy was a nurse, now Angel's a doctor... they're really getting into the role playing side of it, aren't they?

But thier role playing fun is interrupted by a frighteningly large Belly, Midwife Wes and a load of Vampires that want to protect the child. In the words of Cordy...

Hey, I'm all for being idolized, but - what the hell is going on?

We never see these Vampires trying to protect Connor after this, like when he's a grown up, back in LA. And also, Angel! If a group of Vampires is worshipping your son, save yourself a lot of time and kill it. It's damn obvious it aint gonna do no good... Then Fred goes all kill-y (Cordy: It's always the quiet ones) on Darla's belly and saves them, before quickly condemning them all to death again.

Anyway, ( I use this word far too much, i really try not to, honest. Anyway....) they get out of that scrape in a way that's not really about Cordy, except she's still alive (YAY) and they're discussing thier options when Cordy has a go at brainy Wes. I seem to remember by this point i was starting to get a little pissed off with Wes. He was just the same Mr-I-Know-Everything-I'm-Actually-Perfect, so Cordy's rant makes me smile...

God! I hate it when you say that word! 'Actually' means that your oversized ginormous brain thought of something that the rest of us failed to consider, right?

Anyway, then Angel goes off into the hotel and Cordy takes the wheel in charge. And so she should be. I always thought that Cordy should have been in charge of everyone at AI, she's the founder of the business, she's the longest serving member AND she's naturally a leader. She's a manager, people do what she says.

Anyway, that's it for Cordy this ep... really not a lot to do... hohum... that punch was good tho, wasnt it?