Register Control Panel Search FAQ/Help/Guide Memberlist Forum Calendar The Stranger Things Store Home Stranger Things Home

Go Back   Stranger Things Forum > Main > The Cordyverse
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-10-2008, 10:28 PM   #31
Syn
insane clown girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerry View Post
There have been some hints of Buffy/Xander, but no real progress, so I'm not sure it's really going anywhere. Plus, it's Joss. If it did go anywhere, a piano would fall on one of them.
Damn. Good point. Maybe they should "see other people". lol I still think that that is where Buffy's love life should go though. I think Xander could (and I'm really sorry to say this) bake her cookie dough. He's been what she's been looking for all along. I just wish she'd realize it. The idiot.
Old 01-10-2008, 10:46 PM   #32
nikkiwawa
wikked lil' grrrl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syn View Post
Damn. Good point. Maybe they should "see other people". lol I still think that that is where Buffy's love life should go though. I think Xander could (and I'm really sorry to say this) bake her cookie dough. He's been what she's been looking for all along. I just wish she'd realize it. The idiot.
OMG, it's good to know I'm not the only one who saw that through out the show lol Of course, I liked Buffy/Spike, but I would say to myself, why not give Xander a chance? I agree, he can totally bake her cookie dough :P

Cordy/Angel Graphics (A lovely LJ community devoted to Cordy/Angel. Share icons, graphics, etc.)

This Is My Life

My LJ Icon Community
nikkiwawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 11:06 PM   #33
samsmom

To quote a really cheesy song, I'm going to have to say that somewhere in my heart, I'm always going to wait for Spike to find Buffy again. I never thought Xander was the one for her. He tends to want the one he's *not* with, and since he cheated on Cordelia, I can't trust him to make good boyfriend decisions. Better he go find a way to resurrect Anya. Or maybe finally give Dawn what's she's wanted since she was fourteen.
samsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 11:22 PM   #34
nikkiwawa
wikked lil' grrrl

Quote:
Or maybe finally give Dawn what's she's wanted since she was fourteen.
I lol'd and choked on my Pepsi! You kill me. Sorry, I think my dirty mind went apesh*t for a moment, there. Dawn was so hot for Xander. That's a good theory, though. And, I have to agree with the bad boyfriend decisions. Plus, he tends to lean toward demoness types

I think they should have let Spike leave LA and go to Buffy in Europe. But, then there would have been no Spike in S5(which wouldn't have bothered me, either way).

But, I did skim through one of the new Buffy comics, and it hinted that they were together. Or at least, that's what I got from it. I was all "hmmm that's sorta cool, at least she FINALLY gave him the time of day in the comic lol". It seems I skimmed too quickly.

Cordy/Angel Graphics (A lovely LJ community devoted to Cordy/Angel. Share icons, graphics, etc.)

This Is My Life

My LJ Icon Community
nikkiwawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 07:28 AM   #35
Dathan
Buttkicking for goodness

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsmom View Post
Has anyone considered that the 'downed soldier' might be Doyle, and not Cordelia?
Angel specifically says "It all started with a girl," to begin his initial voice over in issue 1--obviously a referral to what he said at the beginning of the series in the first episode. So far, no mention of Doyle either which is almost as dissapointing for me as no mention of Cordy. You sometimes have to wonder if these guys actually watched the same show we did, or if they just sorta picked it up at the beginning of season 5.
Dathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 08:18 AM   #36
DamnSkippy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dathan View Post
Angel specifically says "It all started with a girl," to begin his initial voice over in issue 1--obviously a referral to what he said at the beginning of the series in the first episode.
I thought the "girl" in that quote turned out to be Fred and her dying and turning into Illyria. At least that's what was reported here by people who do troll the comic forums.
DamnSkippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 08:03 PM   #37
jean-vic

If she comes back, mine and other peoples hard work campaigning for her has paid off. Seriously, I have spoken to Brian and he is a really good guy and he really does seem to love the characters, the story etc. He also seems to be playing it fair with them all. He isn't Joss I'm glad to say.

Whoever said that Angel lays out Spike... its good to see him back on form. I remember reading on IDW that Spike had to be saved from Angel by Illyria. They also said that Spike had fallen far if that was the case. Seems about right to me.

Sorry to burst any bubbles but in Issue 1 Angel is talking about Fred. W+H didn't kill Cordy, they killed Fred and he is actually right in what he says. Cordelia showed him how to be a champion again, but Fred gave him the way to stop them. Her death allowed him to inflitrate the Black Thorn. Of course, if not for Cordy's visit Angel would have been lost at that point still.

But there is a worrying thing to this whole Cordy return thing. One of the covers to issue 2 shows Spike, a Lord of LA, surrounded by his harem of women. One of them, clinging to him, looks and is built very much like Cordy. Brian Lynch has said she is actually very important to his story. You don't think the PTB are sending her to be Spike's guide now because of what Angel did? Could there be S/C on the cards? If so, leave her dead. I love Cordy, but S/C would be wrong and I would burn all comics and comic stores that sell them for it.
Old 01-11-2008, 08:57 PM   #38
Morrigan
Who Da Man?!

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by jean-vic View Post
W+H didn't kill Cordy, they killed Fred
W&H didn't kill Fred. An employee of Fred's/W&H killed Fred to bring Ilyria back, that wasn't a W&H plan it was the dude acted on his own. Right?

Quote:
and he is actually right in what he says. Cordelia showed him how to be a champion again, but Fred gave him the way to stop them. Her death allowed him to inflitrate the Black Thorn. Of course, if not for Cordy's visit Angel would have been lost at that point still.
I think that's debatable and since I don't know that actual quote I can't really argue it. Cordy opened his eyes and gave him the vision which showed him what needed to be done. Fred's death was the way in but not something I would say "opened his eyes". Unless of course the actual quote was something like her "death showed him the way", then yeah it's Fred.

I don't read the comics, will (95% sure) never buy the comics, so I don't have a vested interest in them. However, having watched the show, baring S5 and knowing what went down, it still seems to me that the quote should be refering to Cordy and not Fred. Or course this is ME and they seem hell bent on wiping out any memory or relavance of the character so of course it's going to be all about Fred.
Old 01-11-2008, 10:43 PM   #39
Livvie
nutcase

Here are the first five pages of issue one so people can see the direct quote:

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/34064
Old 01-11-2008, 10:53 PM   #40
LisaMarie514
Lurking...who me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gcstar501 View Post
Oh boy I am getting a little excited. Who had said this?
That was all me, based on my read of the first two issues, and what I am predicting might happen. No inside sources, just intuition.

"Passion. It lies in all of us. Sleeping... ...waiting... And though unwanted... ...unbidden... it will stir...open its jaws, and howl. It speaks to us... guides us... Passion rules us all. And we obey. What other choice do we have?" Angelus - Passion BTVS S2

LM's Ramblings
LisaMarie514 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 07:25 AM   #41
Morrigan
Who Da Man?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livvie View Post
Here are the first five pages of issue one so people can see the direct quote:

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/34064
Yeah, I could see how it would be Fred but it's quite annoying. I guess Cordy's sacrifice at the end of "You're Welcome" meant nothing. Pity really, same old bullshit different day.
Old 01-12-2008, 12:26 PM   #42
jean-vic

Just spoke to Brian over at IDW. No Cordelia return. Shame, but lovely words from the other fans over there. The jist is: Loved Cordelia but her return would cheapen her death. Would like to see her in flashbacks though or as a spiritual guardian Angel for Angel. So, at least she's still up there in a lot of fan's eyes.

Oh, and just read Issue 2. Out of 23 pages, only six, or so, were about Spike which is very promising. In two of those he gets smacked to the floor by Angel. Looks like at least one thing has been put right in the world.
Old 01-12-2008, 06:40 PM   #43
Clarice

Quote:
Just spoke to Brian over at IDW. No Cordelia return. Shame, but lovely words from the other fans over there. The jist is: Loved Cordelia but her return would cheapen her death. Would like to see her in flashbacks though or as a spiritual guardian Angel for Angel. So, at least she's still up there in a lot of fan's eyes.
-____-
And I have to see Nina licks her way through the comics and the sexual innuendo with Angel and no Cordy? No way.
Now I know for sure Joss is behind the story.

Quote:
I heard a rumor that Buffy/Xander might be hinted at in the Season 8 comic. Is that true? Anyone know? I know Xander's flirting with some Slayer or other.
Yeah, Xander is flirting with a slayer, I don't remember the name, in the comics 1 to 4 :/ But I can exclude a B/X during 22 comics.
Clarice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 06:53 PM   #44
Livvie
nutcase

Soooo, it is totally okay to bring Wes back as a ghost and that doesn't cheapen his death but Cordelia can't even get the same treatment? Not even some kind of guardian angel or a mention from where ever she is now? Not even a mention by Angel period?

I don't even know why I was bothering to be cautiously optimistic. Same crap, different day.
Old 01-12-2008, 09:06 PM   #45
Morrigan
Who Da Man?!

Quote:
I'm a bit confused. Who is saying it would cheapen her death, the fans or the writers?

If it's the writers, pity they didn't take that into consideration the 20 billion times they brought Darla back from the dead. Hmm, I wonder if bringing Warren back from the dead cheapens Tara's death? Or even Willow's decent into darkness? Actually bringing Warren back is probably another way to show how super special Willow is; now she's not even responsible for taking a life

Why do I even care at this point?