Register Control Panel Search FAQ/Help/Guide Memberlist Forum Calendar The Stranger Things Store Home Stranger Things Home

Go Back   Stranger Things Forum > Main > The Cordyverse
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-15-2005, 01:23 PM   #1
CordyAngelSeer

Are BTVS DVDs different from their original airings?

I have the first three Seasons of BTVS on DVD, and kinda pissed about spending all that money with the Chosen collection coming out, but that's besides the point. What I noticed in one eppy of Season 2, 'Lie to Me' is the scene in the Bronze when Buffy walks up to Angel and is confused because she didn't know that he could drink anything other than blood and Angel says to Buffy that there is a lot of things she doesn't know about him, was in the episode that originially aired on the WB, but is absent from the season 2 Dvds. I haven't seen seasons 4-7 but does anyone know if the originally aired episodes on the WB and UPN are the same or different on the DVD sets. I would greatly appreicate it, as would my bank account, because IMHO BTVS could have ended after the 3rd season, and I would be happy, but I would like to see the rest of the series as it was originally aired, and wouldn't like to spend a lot of money of DVD sets that are completly altered.

Thanks in Advance.
CordyAngelSeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2005, 08:27 PM   #2
brownsbros3

What it could be is that the DVDs were the original airings. I know in the syndication and cable reruns they tend to edit out some of the material in order to squeeze in some extra commercial time.
brownsbros3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2005, 08:30 AM   #3
CordyAngelSeer

Thanks for the info
CordyAngelSeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2005, 10:59 AM   #4
nikkiwawa
wikked lil' grrrl

The DVDs give you extra seconds or minutes they cut out on TV, because of time restraints.

The DVDs, imo, are better...I hate commercials most of the time...but, that's just my opinion. But, if you're not worried about seconds or like a minute of unaired material, then it's not that bad.

Cordy/Angel Graphics (A lovely LJ community devoted to Cordy/Angel. Share icons, graphics, etc.)

This Is My Life

My LJ Icon Community
nikkiwawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2005, 11:46 AM   #5
psychofilly
*My* Angel eats nuns.

Wait, you are saying that they edited something OUT of the Buffy DVDs? That doesn't sound right.
Old 10-17-2005, 05:52 PM   #6
nodakskip

It could also depend on where it aired first.

Say you live in England and the UK censors took something out that the Americans didn't. Well that could still be censored in the UK DVDs for some shows.

Dont know if they did it on Buffy or not.