Register Control Panel Search FAQ/Help/Guide Memberlist Forum Calendar The Stranger Things Store Home Stranger Things Home

Go Back   Stranger Things Forum > Miscellaneous > Forum Announcements/Help
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-23-2004, 11:24 PM   #1
jujube1013
spank your inner moppet

ST banners

could we get some new banners for the top of the site that have some recent photos and caps from her recent work, i love the ones we have but they are all in the ats years. just wondering
jujube1013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2004, 06:07 AM   #2
Mab
The orbit of your hips

Just my $0.02, but I'd say since we have like five gorgeous banners to choose from, I don't think that more are necessary. Not to mention the fact that although Em's work rocks the house, it must be hard to design something that has to meet specific specifications - as far a style, size and color. It's not like just popping out a piece of random fan art.

Again, just my $0.02.

Obnoxious Delusional Sycophant
Mab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2004, 10:53 AM   #3
psychofilly
*My* Angel eats nuns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mab
Just my $0.02, but I'd say since we have like five gorgeous banners to choose from, I don't think that more are necessary. Not to mention the fact that although Em's work rocks the house, it must be hard to design something that has to meet specific specifications - as far a style, size and color. It's not like just popping out a piece of random fan art.

Again, just my $0.02.

Cha-ching!

What Katy said.

The banners are wonderful and harmonius and specific to the site. Emma is a busy person and though I'd love to strap her down and have her make art all day, It takes time and effort to put out quality work and I think we should let her do it as she wants to.

(The kitty is now at $.04)
Old 09-24-2004, 11:14 AM   #4
AngelsChilde
Shoot the Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychofilly
Cha-ching!

What Katy said.

The banners are wonderful and harmonius and specific to the site. Emma is a busy person and though I'd love to strap her down and have her make art all day, It takes time and effort to put out quality work and I think we should let her do it as she wants to.

(The kitty is now at $.04)
I'm gonna bump this up to $.06 and say I agree.

The banners here are absolutely gorgeous, and I'm sure they took her away from her own schedule to make them. She made them for us and this site, and it's only fair that we admire what she's done instead of asking for more.
AngelsChilde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2004, 12:01 PM   #5
Penny Century
Rich girl, superhero

Not that it couldn't happen. It never hurts to suggest an idea -- maybe when Em has time and inspiration, she'll give it a go. (Time being the key word here. It does take effort to come up with something good that fits the spec.)
Old 09-24-2004, 12:48 PM   #6
DamnSkippy

My opinion isn't worth even 2 cents, but I'll give it anyway. Even if Emma has the time and wants to do it, I hope we still keep the C/A banners as a choice for the time being. At the moment ST is still a C/A site so until that changes I'd like to be able to see my OTP when I log on. Thanks for listening!
DamnSkippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2004, 12:57 PM   #7
Penny Century
Rich girl, superhero

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamnSkippy
My opinion isn't worth even 2 cents, but I'll give it anyway. Even if Emma has the time and wants to do it, I hope we still keep the C/A banners as a choice for the time being. At the moment ST is still a C/A site so until that changes I'd like to be able to see my OTP when I log on. Thanks for listening!
Oh, I think we're all for more choices instead of fewer. (Heck, we still have Aya's original S3 theme available, which for many is still the Stranger Things Corporate Identity.) If and when Emma has time to make a new Charisma banner, it'll be an add-on rather than a replacement.
Old 09-24-2004, 04:10 PM   #8
Emmangel
Administrator

Awww, nice to know everyone still loves the banners.

As some of the others have said, I'm a big bogged down at the moment with re-opening Charisma-Online... However, once thats out the way I'll see if I can make some general non-show banners for the board. However in between my conventions, work deadlines and stuff, it may not happen for a few months.

Maybe I'll aim to have them as a ST Xmas pressie.
Old 09-24-2004, 04:23 PM   #9
Angels Cordy

I gotta say that I didn't even know that I was able to choose a different banner...

But since I saw that thread and know now that I'm able to choose, I went straight into my controlpanel and chose the Angel/Cordy season 3 one...

I just LOVE it!!
Old 10-17-2004, 09:37 PM   #10
jujube1013
spank your inner moppet

i never said i didn't like the banners that we have, actually i said i did like them, but since she has moved on i thought we could have a banner that reflects that.
jujube1013 is offline   Reply With Quote