Register Control Panel Search FAQ/Help/Guide Memberlist Forum Calendar The Stranger Things Store Home Stranger Things Home

Go Back   Stranger Things Forum > Main > Movie Mania!
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-17-2007, 03:38 PM   #1
Platypus
The Pointy End

Star Trek - Casting for the JJ Abrams Remake

So, I know there are more than a few old school Trek fans on this board. What do you all think of the recent cast announcements for JJ Abrams re-imagining of the Star Trek: TOS? Honestly, I'm.... just not sure.

Kirk - Chris Pine - I've never heard of this guy or seen him in anything. I was hoping for someone else. (Truth be told, I was hoping for Jensen Ackles).

Spock - Zachary Quinto ("Heroes") - I can sort of see this one.

McCoy - Karl Urban ("Lord of the Rings", "Xena") - I'm flabbergasted here. I like Karl Urban, and have ever since his days playing Cupid on "Xena", but I just don't see him as Bones.

Scotty - Simon Pegg ("Shaun of the Dead", "Hot Fuzz") - I'm ambivalent. Sounds fine, really, but would have preferred an actual Scot.

Sulu - John Cho ("Harold and Kumar") - works for me.

Chekov - Anton Yelchin - I've only ever seen him as a guest star on "Criminal Minds", and he played a high school student. But I guess Chekov always was the youngest of the lot, and I'm generally fine with this.

Uhura - Zoe Saldana - I like her. So I'm ok with this, but to me Uhura was always the picture of class and grace and elegance, and Zoe is a bit more of a brassy, saucy chick, so I have some doubts.

I also have no opinion about Eric Bana being cast as the villain. He's a good actor, but I'm far more concerned about the regular casting.

Tact is just not saying true stuff. I'll pass.
Platypus is offline   Reply With Quote