Register Control Panel Search FAQ/Help/Guide Memberlist Forum Calendar The Stranger Things Store Home Stranger Things Home

Go Back   Stranger Things Forum > Miscellaneous > Forum Announcements/Help
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-15-2005, 04:49 PM   #1
ehab
Perpetually Confused

Firefox and message posting

Penny forgive me if this isn't the place to post this.

I've been using firefox and when I post messages, the little tag buttons at the top don't work. I looked in the faq quickly, but didn't see anything about this.

Is this because of mozilla's pop-up blocking? Do you know? Any solution?

Thanks.
ehab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2005, 05:12 PM   #2
Penny Century
Rich girl, superhero

I don't have the Firefox browser yet, but both Netscape (Mozilla's parent) and Mozilla (Firefox's parent) work for me. You might want to check your preferences to make sure Javascript is enabled. Also check Popup Manager under the Tools menu to see if FF is blocking this site's popups by default.
Old 01-15-2005, 05:24 PM   #3
ehab
Perpetually Confused

I'm not very technically savvy, but I suspect its a compatability issue. Javascript is enabled, pop-ups allowed, and when I click on the JavaScript Console I get errors from clicking on the tag buttons...If I open the errors there's loads of JavaScript I don't understand...

I guess I'll just have to memorize the tags. Thanks anyway

Old 01-15-2005, 05:53 PM   #4
Penny Century
Rich girl, superhero

Well, there's a vBulletin update that's just come out and that I plan to install on Tuesday -- perhaps it addresses the Firefox issue. FF is expanding its user base at quite a clip, so vB probably would do well to make sure it's fully compatible anyway!
Old 01-15-2005, 05:56 PM   #5
ehab
Perpetually Confused

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penny Century
FF is expanding its user base at quite a clip
I'm a convert. I don't know why Mozilla never took with me, but I'm hooked on Firefox. I'm sure all the cool extensions which I'm only now discovering are a contributing factor.

I'll let you know if the problem is solved after Tuesday. Thanks.
Old 02-06-2005, 10:41 PM   #6
Penny Century
Rich girl, superhero

Hey, E -- just checking to see if the Firefox prob has resolved itself. Any better?
Old 02-06-2005, 10:46 PM   #7
ehab
Perpetually Confused

Sadly no. Nothing happens when I click on the buttons. I checked the Java console in FF and it still has errors when I try to use the buttons. I guess the new update didn't address FF.

Thanks anyway.
Old 02-06-2005, 10:53 PM   #8
Penny Century
Rich girl, superhero

Le sigh. Well, I can always report it to vB's bug forum; hopefully they'll fix it in the next update.

In the meantime, are the regular pulldown menus working for you? And the regular Control Panel link in the image map?

And one more thing: Did you try turning off popup blocking for the site?
Old 02-06-2005, 11:06 PM   #9
ehab
Perpetually Confused

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penny Century
Le sigh. Well, I can always report it to vB's bug forum; hopefully they'll fix it in the next update.

In the meantime, are the regular pulldown menus working for you? And the regular Control Panel link in the image map?

And one more thing: Did you try turning off popup blocking for the site?
The regular pulldown menus work and so does the Control Panel link in the image map. I have tried allowing pop-ups from this website and I've tried without pop-up blocking turned on at all, neither seems to make a difference.

The java console error message stays the same, the one I posted earlier.

I'm getting good at tagging manually so I'll survive. Also, I can always open explorer if I need to.
Old 02-25-2005, 03:51 PM   #10
Penny Century
Rich girl, superhero

Okay, I just uploaded the fourth vB update in about two weeks -- I understand that it fixes some JS problems in certain browsers. Guys, let me know if menus and smileys are working for you now.

And while we're on the subject, Firefox has just issued a major update; the critical portion relates to security, but it may have some JS fixes of its own. If you use Firefox, make sure you have the latest version!
Old 02-27-2005, 11:20 AM   #11
ehab
Perpetually Confused

I tried once before upgrading Firefox and then with the latest Firefox and sadly the javascript buttons still don't work. I've gotten good at tagging manually though.

ETA: I've also gotten good at repeating myself...since I've said that last sentence before...doh.

Last edited by ehab; 02-27-2005 at 05:44 PM.