Register Control Panel Search FAQ/Help/Guide Memberlist Forum Calendar The Stranger Things Store Home Stranger Things Home

Go Back   Stranger Things Forum > Main > Charisma Carpenter
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-21-2004, 03:42 PM   #16
Gabriella
Until we bleed...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibliophile
What I find confusing is that CC is rumored to be playing an evil character and I can't remember any other evil character that was a regular on Charmed, with the exception of Cole. None of the spoilers I've seen have come right out and said that the Seer is evil, but it seems to be the general consensus that she is.
LOL, maybe one of the sisters will turn gay?

[shrugs]

I dunno...

Either way, I'm glad CC has re-occuring guest appearances but I wouldn't want her to be a regular on Charmed.

A passionate 'ship is always about the person you want to BE hooking up with the person you want to SCREW - samluvharrison

Charisma's Bitch #186~Team Cordy #186~Gutter Gal #186

She acts like summer and walks like rain
Gabriella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2004, 04:21 PM   #17
SamIAm
It's all about Cordy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Platypus
Hmmm. My gut tells me that there's little chance she'd be signed as a regular, but there's probably a good bet she'll be asked to appear as a recurring character if the seer is tied into whatever passes for a season long arc on Charmed.
Yeah, something like the way her Miss Match appearences were shaping up to become, I'd think. She may not want a week after week hour-long gig, but a week-on-week off schedule may appeal.

That said, why oh why couldn't it be on a better series? (Why, yes, I do want everything, and yes, it is all about me.)
Old 08-21-2004, 05:03 PM   #18
Morrigan
Who Da Man?!

I don't think she'd be made a regular if for no other reason then the fact that there has never been a female regular outside of the 3 sisters. Reccuring character, I could see. especially if this is going to be a dark season. The character could play an interesting role in showing how the characters (especially Wyatt, Leo and Chris) go from what we see now to the way they end up in Chris' future.

On the bright side being a regular that The WB brings onto a former top show in order to attract new viewers can't be a bad thing. Couple that with Spelling's ovious fondness for his actors (constantly reusing them in new shows) and CC could be set up for a show next season. Assuming Cats and Dogs doesn't become a reality. As far as 1/2 hour sit-com vs. hour long drama I imagine that could change after having a year or so off, you never really know.
Old 08-21-2004, 07:05 PM   #19
askew

Quote:
Hmm...I thought CC didn't particularly want to do an hour-long series as a regular due to the hours.
But, wouldn't the hours be significantly less for CC as a regular on Charmed as compared to the leading lady on Angel (yes, Whedon she was the leading lady during the first three seasons)?

Maybe after her MissMatch appearances she would be more willing to take a regular role on an hour-long show if she was part of the ensemble, instead of a leading actress?

Also, how realistic is it to only want to do sitcoms? There are fewer and fewer of these on the networks each year.

I would actually love to see her added to Charmed as a regular. It would help her resume to be added to another show as a regular and then we would get to see her more frequently on TV.
Charisma's BITCH #13
TeamCordy™#0913

askew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2004, 08:26 PM   #20
Dead star
Exhausting for all to be

CC as a regular on Charmed?
Well it would be the only reason to actually watch the show.
But to be honest i hope it doesnt happen.
It would be a nice career move and i wish her all the best in her career (but not on Charmed.)

Sorry I'll go run away now

Last edited by Dead star; 08-21-2004 at 08:28 PM.
Dead star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2004, 08:41 PM   #21
CordeliaCC

I'd say that its pretty understanding that she may become regular. Im a long time Charmed watcher and the show does have a habbit of adding people to the Main Credits pretty easily, usually charactors that really dont belong with that title. (Dan, Jenny, Darryl)
CordeliaCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2004, 09:04 PM   #22
Platypus
The Pointy End

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamIAm
That said, why oh why couldn't it be on a better series?
Well, she was on a pretty good show once upon a time. And then that show became an abysmal mockery of what a good show is, so maybe she needs to work her way back up to a good show. Charmed isn't a good show, but it doesn't pretend to be either, so it's a step up.

Seriously, I can see how a recurring role on Charmed would be a good thing, particularly if this is its last season. The WB has always hyped the show, and that means promos. Plus, if it does end this year, there's all the "end of series" hype. I really do believe it might be an excellent career move if it can be parlayed into a regular series of her own the following season, and like Askew, I wouldn't mind seeing her on television on a more regular basis.

(Waves to Askew )

Tact is just not saying true stuff. I'll pass.
Platypus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2004, 09:31 PM   #23
Morrigan
Who Da Man?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CordeliaCC
I'd say that its pretty understanding that she may become regular. Im a long time Charmed watcher and the show does have a habbit of adding people to the Main Credits pretty easily, usually charactors that really dont belong with that title. (Dan, Jenny, Darryl)
When was Jenny in the credits? I remember Dan and Darryl both being in the credits but not Jenny.

Last edited by Morrigan; 08-21-2004 at 11:51 PM.
Morrigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2004, 09:51 PM   #24
CordeliaCC

Jenny was early on.

CordeliaCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2004, 11:50 PM   #25
Morrigan
Who Da Man?!

Wow, I so don't remember her at all.
Old 08-22-2004, 10:29 AM   #26
Dannyblue
a.k.a. Danielle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibliophile
What I find confusing is that CC is rumored to be playing an evil character and I can't remember any other evil character that was a regular on Charmed, with the exception of Cole.
Cole is the only "evil" character to make the credits. (Although, he wasn't but evil all the time.) But there have been other re-occuring evil characters. There was Prue's boss and his sidekick way back in season 1, the first Seer, Gideon, and Barbus (who's been around since...well, a long time).

As for other characters being in the credits, except for the Charmed Ones, it seems to go by episode. For example, if Drew Fuller or Brian Kraus wasn't in an episode, they weren't in the credits. The same was true of the actors who played Jenny and Dan, and the actor who plays Daryl. It's a great way to tell whether you'd get to see your favorite character in an episode or not. Although, they did "mess up" once, that I can remember. BK was in the credits for an episode Leo didn't appear in. It was so unusual, it was much commented on at CHARMED message boards.

Last edited by Dannyblue; 08-22-2004 at 10:32 AM.
Dannyblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2004, 11:41 AM   #27
September

I don't actually believe anything Kristen says, so I doubt this is true. But on a general level I can't imagine it's ever a bad thing to become a regular or recurring character on a tv show. Particularly one produced by Aaron Spelling.

And I can't believe that Charmed is worse than some of the episodes of Angel we've seen over the years ('She' and 'The Girl in Question' spring to mind, but there's a whole host from the last season that were IMO some of the greatest tripe I've ever seen on TV). At least it doesn't seem to be pretentious and it has 3 female leads, which is pretty rare on TV.

livejournally thingy
September is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2004, 12:09 PM   #28
Dannyblue
a.k.a. Danielle

Quote:
Originally Posted by September
And I can't believe that Charmed is worse than some of the episodes of Angel we've seen over the years ('She' and 'The Girl in Question' spring to mind, but there's a whole host from the last season that were IMO some of the greatest tripe I've ever seen on TV). At least it doesn't seem to be pretentious and it has 3 female leads, which is pretty rare on TV.
This season, CHARMED seemed to catch some of the SMALLVILLE syndrome in that it seemed to be two shows at the same time. On the one hand, you had the family show, about Piper, Leo, and their children, one of whom is an adult from the future with serious issues, the other a toddler who grows up to be an evil tyrant. The other show focussed mostly on the romantic lives of Phoebe and Paige, or whatever temp job Paige had that week (which always lead to some magical adventure or another), and really wasn't all that interesting for the most part.

The second episode they're showing tonight, "Hyde School Reunion", is a prime example. In the first storyline, a spell makes Phoebe revert to her wild and crazy teen-aged self, and wacky (kinda boring) hyjinx ensue. Then, in the other storyline, Piper is trying to find out why Chris keeps avoiding her, and that's much more interesting. Too bad we got so much of the first storyline, when we would have been happier if they'd focussed more on the second. As a matter of fact, a lot of fans said that, as far as their concerned, this episode is really good, and only 20 minutes long because, when they re-watch their tapes, they fast forward through all the Teen Phoebe stuff.

Still, it's better than the previous two seasons, when none of the storylines were all that interesting.
Old 08-22-2004, 12:46 PM   #29
v120176

I was thinking

Well, there are two things about CC on Charmed. One good and other that could be bad.

The good thing. You maybe are thinking in USA viewers terms, but in other countries, while BTVS and ATS are aired on tv cable, Charmed is aired in national TV. I think in a lot of South America countries happen the same as well in europe ones and even Asia for what I know. Here BTVS was aired on national for the frist three seasons and tnever was an ATS schedule. If it wasn't for Fox (here cable) we only could see the episodes by Internet (torrent, kazaa, my napster, etc). Here the TV cable is accesible a great part of the people have it, but maybe in other places it's not that way, so they only know about what they see in their national tv. So, I'm thinking, without any judgement about quality between BTVS/ATS & Charmed, that maybe Charmed could be a great oportunity for CC. She could be seen by people that maybe don't see her since BTVS eraly years (like I said a lot of countries didm't buy BTVS 4 or ATS). That's also my explanation about why there are so many B/A sites in differents idioms: that's what they only know, they didn't see yet B/S & C/A or just know them for what they read in some B/A english places so they're opinion is not really them.

Bad thing (IMO) besides the typecast that some people is talking about, this seasons seems to be a little more darker than ussual for Charmed. That's from what I read. So, I don't know if Charmed fans (USA talking) will like it. So there's the chance that Charmed could lose viewers this season. And this is not good for CC. I know it's a very different situation with ATS 4 (DG's departure, Firefly was the only thing in Joss 's mind, etc) but the only chance about Charmed 7 being somekind of ATS 4 is scary.

But then Aaron Spelling is there to back up his product. And I think he will not let Charmed turn away from what it was (like it or not). As I said I'm talking about viewers and fandom, not quality.

V

Last edited by v120176; 08-22-2004 at 12:55 PM.
v120176 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2004, 07:19 PM   #30
Kit

As much as I want to see CC on a weekly basis, I'd much prefer to watch her on her own show instead of on an aging show which may be on their last year.

However, I would be so excited if she turns out to be the Heather Locklear of Charmed with the whole "Special Guest Star" deal. I think it'll do wonders for her and it may lead to her own show in the future. Anyway, I'm just pleased that she'll be on TV soon.

"Never continue in a job you don't enjoy. If you're happy in what you're doing, you'll like yourself, you'll have inner peace. And if you have that, along with physical health, you will have had more success than you could possibly have imagined." - Johnny Carson
Kit is offline   Reply With Quote