Register Control Panel Search FAQ/Help/Guide Memberlist Forum Calendar The Stranger Things Store Home Stranger Things Home

Go Back   Stranger Things Forum > Main > Charisma Carpenter
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-03-2004, 06:56 PM   #1
tojoson

indy jones 4

i just read in a magezine today that Spielberg is thinking of re-invisioning Indiana Jones 4. because of all the delays in getting a script he likes, he thinks that Harrison Ford may be too old to make the movie, and he is thinking of doing a Young Indiana Jones. (been there, done that)

we seriously have to contact this man and tell him to do a daughter of indy movie with Charisma

his company is
DreamWorks SKG
100 Universal City Plaza, Bldg. 10
Universal City, CA 91608 USA
Tel: 818-733-7000, Fax: 818-733-7574

so write, fax,
whose got the guts to try and phone him
Old 08-03-2004, 08:13 PM   #2
rousedower
cancelled

Eh, with our luck he'll probably cast Amy Acker in that role.
Stake Darla #13
Greenie Groupie #13
rousedower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2004, 09:54 PM   #3
Penny Century
Rich girl, superhero

If it ain't Harrison Ford, it ain't Indy Jones. Sorry. (Although with as much of the back end of that franchise as Ford owns, I'd wonder if a Fordless Indy film would ever get made -- and if maybe that was just speculation.)
Old 08-04-2004, 07:50 AM   #4
Morrigan
Who Da Man?!

Ford is Indiana Jones, there is no question of that. If a movie is to be made I don't think they can do it without him. That being said, I wouldn't mind seeing an Indy movie where Ford has taken on the Sean Connery role to a younger/brasher version of himself (son or daughter).
Old 08-04-2004, 12:21 PM   #5
tojoson

that's what i was thinking when i posted this.

harrison is starting to age a little, and may not be able to carry the physical part of the movie. he needs to come up against some competition (charisma) who he later finds out is his daughter--then they can start her out in her own franchise with him as a guest star
Old 08-04-2004, 09:34 PM   #6
Cordelia_A

Thumbs up

I think Charisma in a role like Indiana Jones would be cool to see, it'd give her the action she wants to do and one heck of a cool character to play. I do agree with many, that if any female actress could pull it off and do a nice job with the total package, it'd be CC. She's got the acting range, the look, the want for a cool job like this, why not let her have a run.

As for the storyline, I really think it could be played either way - both with her as the daughter or with her as just Indy's rivial for the film. Though more fun would probably come with her playing his child, yet with him knowning who she is - they just have a past disagreement and are not working or speaking to each other, the film will of course change all that. But like Penny and Morrigan pointed out, Harrison would definitely have to be in the film.

Though all this would be a nice way for him to exit gracefully and if they wanted to have a new player in the franchise so it could continue on in future years. CC would be great for this and I definitely think Steven Spielberg should consider her as an option and possible storyline. Charisma on the big screen in a kick butt role, who wouldn't love that?

Thanks for all the great memories Charisma, we will never forget.

Proud AC/CC fan.
Cordelia_A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2004, 08:34 AM   #7
LadyFireHorse
mmmmmmmm bathtime

Well remember that Marion had dark hair and her and Indy were getting on with the nookie
Then Marion just disappeared again......she wasn't in the second one (which sucked donkey dong) or the third one (which totally redeemed the franchise)
I think it would work out perfect for a daughter to have been made from thier little encounter......lol Marion's mouth and Indy's balls......ya that's Charisma !!

"Be who you are, say what you think because those who mind don't matter and those who matter, don't mind..." Dr. Seuss
LadyFireHorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2004, 10:04 AM   #8
Morrigan
Who Da Man?!

The only rededeming quality of ToD is that it's set a year before Raiders which is the reason why Marion wasn't present (as far as I'm concerned). TLC is another story altogether, I still don't understand what Indy saw in that little Nazi Ho.
Old 08-08-2004, 10:16 AM   #9
Penny Century
Rich girl, superhero

Is this the Unpopular Opinions thread...? I never thought Marion was all that and a bag o' chips. Too much of a clichéd "tough gal." At least Willie was what she was and showed a certain amount of character growth. And I liked ToD's darkness and the exploration of some of Indy's less savory traits.

(I'm always in the minority on this one, though.)
Old 08-08-2004, 10:31 AM   #10
tojoson

to all those interested,

USA is running an indy marathon next saturday,
all 3 movies shown in the order they were made, starting at 11:00 A.M.

Last edited by tojoson; 08-08-2004 at 01:11 PM.
tojoson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2004, 12:03 PM   #11
rousedower
cancelled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penny Century
Is this the Unpopular Opinions thread...? I never thought Marion was all that and a bag o' chips. Too much of a clichéd "tough gal." At least Willie was what she was and showed a certain amount of character growth. And I liked ToD's darkness and the exploration of some of Indy's less savory traits.

TOD is my favorite Indy installment. Willie and Short Round were so funny and Indy was at his sexiest and coolest, IMO. I actually like Raiders the least of all three.
Stake Darla #13
Greenie Groupie #13

Last edited by rousedower; 08-08-2004 at 12:06 PM.
rousedower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2004, 12:09 PM   #12
Mab
The orbit of your hips

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penny Century

You're in a minority of two, then, because I didn't like Marion at all. I adored Willie, though.

Obnoxious Delusional Sycophant
Mab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2004, 12:20 PM   #13
Delenn
C/A - 5 yrs. & counting.

I liked Marion, did not like Willie...thought the chemistry with Karen Allen was better. JMO

However, I do agree that ToD had some nice dark elements. The only element I have EVER not liked about the franchise---SHORT ROUND. Not at all a necessary element and very annoying. I like my whiskey with my whiskey, and my whiney child out of my adventurer's hair.

As for a fourth installment, Harrison Ford is the ONLY Indy (although River Phoenix did indeed do a good Harrison Ford impression in Last Crusade). I like the idea of a child of Indy's needing "guidence", etc.
Shiny Happy Person #1225
Wesley's Reading Wenches #1225

Slaying, Blogging, Whatever
Delenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2004, 04:33 PM   #14
XAngelsCharismaX
My Wonderwall.

ToD is my fav. Indy flick. To me, it's the most epic, has better characters, etc.
XAngelsCharismaX is offline   Reply With Quote