Register Control Panel Search FAQ/Help/Guide Memberlist Forum Calendar The Stranger Things Store Home Stranger Things Home

Go Back   Stranger Things Forum > Main > Charisma Carpenter
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-09-2005, 06:45 AM   #1
Marcy

Charisma may be in Veronica Mars next season!

Hey guys,
According to this interview with Veronica Mars creator Rob Thomas, Charisma might be brought into VM in some capacity. Yaaay. I had no idea she was Rob's wife to be's friend.
Here's the link, there may be spoilers for VM watchers.
http://www.ifmagazine.com/feature.asp?article=1262
patiently
i'll wait for you there
like a stone

Team Cordy # 830
Marcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2005, 07:55 AM   #2
Morrigan
Who Da Man?!

Well that will get me to watch VM regularly. It's a shame really, I keep saying I want to watch it and I even follow the VM thread in the TV Section but I never remember to sit down and watch. (other than the 1 ep I flipped back and forth with to see Aly...almost forgot about that)

On a side note, everytime I read the Producer's name I always think of the singer.

ETA: Thanks for bringing this over.

Last edited by Morrigan; 05-09-2005 at 08:53 AM.
Morrigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2005, 07:58 AM   #3
SamIAm
It's all about Cordy.

Cool. Not as cool as "CC to star in...", but cool.
Old 05-09-2005, 08:01 AM   #4
DamnSkippy

That would be fantastic for a short run. I love VM so this is icing on the cake. But I can still hope for her own series can't I?
DamnSkippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2005, 08:49 AM   #5
KeyserSoze
local god

I think she'd be fantastic on that show, even if it was just for a few episodes. I think she'd fit right into the California atmosphere and her comic timing would really work on that show. I think she'd be a much better fit than Aly was.

*fingers crossed*
KeyserSoze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2005, 08:55 AM   #6
ehab
Perpetually Confused

This would be lovely if it happened, and might be all I need to cinch the deal to keep watching. I'm on the fence, but Charisma would send me rocketing back.

I want CC back on my TV.
ehab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2005, 09:04 AM   #7
v120176

Good for CC!!!

But also, I found something really bad about this: I don't know what's the deadline to make pilots or to cast people for pilots because I read some networks will announce their schedule but still there are pilots without any cast mentioned. But this guy talks about AH and her pilot and how, if it's picked up, they couldn't used her anymore..... But talking about CC he says he's waiting to the right moment to trow CC on the show.... so, he knows she doesn't have any pilot or project or even in talks for anything so she's available.
v120176 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2005, 09:27 AM   #8
Gabriella
Until we bleed...

Great news - hope we get to see her on the small screen again soon!

A passionate 'ship is always about the person you want to BE hooking up with the person you want to SCREW - samluvharrison

Charisma's Bitch #186~Team Cordy #186~Gutter Gal #186

She acts like summer and walks like rain
Gabriella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2005, 10:30 AM   #9
Shadow4Corangela
owner of a lonely heart

Oooo nice. I haven't watched VM, but from what I've heard it's an awesome show. CC being part of it only makes it all the more sweet.

Dean Winchester: I hope your apple pie is freakin' worth it! ~Supernatural

Cordelia: I like 'David'. It's such a strong, masculine name. [pause] It just feels good in your mouth. ~ Angel
Shadow4Corangela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2005, 10:56 AM   #10
Platypus
The Pointy End

Thanks for bringing this over Marcy.

It's nice to hear that Rob is thinking of Charisma, but I'll wait for something more concrete before I get all excited - plans like these have a way of not working out, in spite of the best intentions of all parties.

Still, cool to see that CC is a fan of the show!

Tact is just not saying true stuff. I'll pass.
Platypus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2005, 10:59 AM   #11
motivational speaker

Sounds like its a guest slot like Aly's was. Nice show to work on, but VM is on UPN with not so great ratings (sadly). I guess on the guest spot richter scale this won't even register as high as Charmed (though I know VM is the better show - but Charmed has more viewers and on a larger network).

And yeah, the talk sounds tentative for AH if she has a pilot, so surely the same would be true for CC? Really, she needs to get on Fox or the big 3 to make any real impression.
motivational speaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2005, 11:27 AM   #12
Penny Century
Rich girl, superhero

I think this is great news. Veronica Mars has an incredibly high critical profile in the U.S. entertainment media, UPN show or otherwise. A guest appearance -- or a string of them -- would get CC seen by many of the Right People. Even the mention of her name in connection with the show will have much of that effect. Huzzah!

(Aside: Guys, what if, y'know, CC doesn't want a full-time series right now? She does have a son who just entered the stage known as the Terrible Twos. If she wanted more time to spend with him, and stuck to guest appearances because of it, would that be so bad?)
Old 05-09-2005, 11:55 AM   #13
Platypus
The Pointy End

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penny Century
(Aside: Guys, what if, y'know, CC doesn't want a full-time series right now? She does have a son who just entered the stage known as the Terrible Twos. If she wanted more time to spend with him, and stuck to guest appearances because of it, would that be so bad?)
I think that's exactly right - right now, we don't know what CC's career aspirations are, or even whether or not she's actively pursuing anything. It seems to me that last year she was on a bit of a mission to take on a bunch of diverse roles in part, no doubt, to dispel any industry rumours about her being out of shape or unwilling to work (the latter of which may have been started because of the way her leaving AtS was handled, but I won't even go there now.) Having done that, and maybe proven something to herself as much as to the industry, she may just want to take another year to lay low until her son is a bit older.

We may get a clearer picture when she appears in the UK at that upcoming convention - I'm sure that somebody in the audience is going to ask her what her upcoming plans are, and I'm counting on the Strangers in attendance to give us the full scoop!

ETA: Hey Penny, do you think we have enough time between now and CC's London con appearance at the end of June to organize something? Off the top of my head, I'm thinking of some sort of board charity drive where we raise funds to make a donation in CC's name, and then have one of the London con-goers present her with a certificate to that effect?

Tact is just not saying true stuff. I'll pass.

Last edited by Platypus; 05-09-2005 at 11:57 AM.
Platypus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2005, 12:07 PM   #14
SamIAm
It's all about Cordy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penny Century
(...If she wanted more time to spend with him, and stuck to guest appearances because of it, would that be so bad?)
No. But news of sporadic guest appearences is not as cool as news of "CC is set to star in...".
Old 05-09-2005, 12:12 PM   #15
Eureka

Good news! - Thanks for bringing this over!
Eureka is offline   Reply With Quote