Register Control Panel Search FAQ/Help/Guide Memberlist Forum Calendar The Stranger Things Store Home Stranger Things Home

Go Back   Stranger Things Forum > Main > Charisma Carpenter
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-02-2005, 04:16 PM   #31
Platypus
The Pointy End

Jason Lee just signed on to the lead in a new NBC comedy pilot, "My Name is Earl". I would LOVE to see CC matched up with him.

Lee, Hart Nab Pilot Roles

Tact is just not saying true stuff. I'll pass.
Platypus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2005, 07:25 AM   #32
Morrigan
Who Da Man?!

Oh, I love Jason Lee!
Old 02-03-2005, 07:45 AM   #33
Andromeda7_4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Platypus
Jason Lee just signed on to the lead in a new NBC comedy pilot, "My Name is Earl". I would LOVE to see CC matched up with him.

Lee, Hart Nab Pilot Roles

Don't the people at zap2it have any editors?
He's going to
Quote:
WRITE the wrongs
???

Things like that always annoy me.
Andromeda7_4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2005, 09:39 PM   #34
jujube1013
spank your inner moppet

"Emily's reasons why not"-(ABC) based on the book by the same name.
comedy revolves around a woman who publishes a self-help book but doesn't take her own advice.
jujube1013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2005, 12:34 PM   #35
Kit

Here are a couple more pilots...

Quote:
Aidan Quinn will star in the offbeat NBC drama pilot "Book of Daniel," about an unconventional priest who is addicted to prescription drugs and converses with a modern-looking Jesus.
I can't help but think about "Miracles". I guess the show was ahead of the times, TV fad wise. Whoever that said it would've survived if it was developed this season could be right on the money.

Also,

Quote:
NBC also handed out a cast-contingent order Friday to "All In." The poker-themed comedy is based on real-life poker champion Annie Duke, a single mom of four who's adept at exposing tells and bluffs at the poker table but still has a few tricks to learn at home with her kids. Former "Friends" star Lisa Kudrow will serve as an executive producer.
This doesn't really tickle my fancy, but hey! Lisa Kudrow.

And lastly,

Quote:
And Fox has hired Amanda Righetti and Dave Annable to star in "Reunion." The drama follows six close friends from their high school graduation in 1986 to their 20th reunion in 2006, with each episode covering a year in their lives.
This is sort of like a combination of Lost and 24 timeline wise with a hint of Friends and Sex and the City...the characters are around CC's age too. It could work.

"Never continue in a job you don't enjoy. If you're happy in what you're doing, you'll like yourself, you'll have inner peace. And if you have that, along with physical health, you will have had more success than you could possibly have imagined." - Johnny Carson
Kit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2005, 12:49 PM   #36
rousedower
cancelled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kit
Quote: And Fox has hired Amanda Righetti and Dave Annable to star in "Reunion." The drama follows six close friends from their high school graduation in 1986 to their 20th reunion in 2006, with each episode covering a year in their lives.
Sounds interesting. But then wouldn't the show really only last like one season?
Stake Darla #13
Greenie Groupie #13
rousedower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2005, 08:15 AM   #37
Kit

More Pilots

Quote:
Sorbo is attached to "Bobby Cannon," about a pro football quarterback nearing retirement who has to mentor his replacement while figuring out what to do with the rest of his life.
Kevin "Hercules" Sorbo in a sitcom? That's not right.

Anyway, ABC really wants to beef up their sitcom front. Hopefully, CC will be cast in one of the sitcoms in September. However, out of all the ones mentioned in the article, only two sounded promising overall:

Quote:
"Neighbors," about dueling neighbors forced to contend with one another when their wives and children become unlikely friends.

"Sally," about a middle-aged woman who suddenly decides to make a change in her picture-perfect family life by getting a divorce and a job.
Oh, and one of the "Soccer Moms" has been cast and the role goes to Kristin Davis.

"Never continue in a job you don't enjoy. If you're happy in what you're doing, you'll like yourself, you'll have inner peace. And if you have that, along with physical health, you will have had more success than you could possibly have imagined." - Johnny Carson
Old 02-08-2005, 09:57 AM   #38
DamnSkippy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kit
Oh, and one of the "Soccer Moms" has been cast and the role goes to Kristin Davis.
Meh. I've never been a fan of Kristin Davis. She's one of those actors that just annoys me for some inexplicable reason.
DamnSkippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2005, 12:11 PM   #39
tojoson

from tvtome
Quote:
Charmed Spinoff?:

In the latest issue of Charmed Magazine, an interview with executive producer Brad Kern, talks of how The WB wants the Charmed crew to produce a spin-off to the hit show, and if this goes ahead then development will begin around the filming of episode 19 of the current season of Charmed.
wouldn't it be nice, if they resurrected THE SEER, and gave her her own show (hint, hint).
Old 02-09-2005, 09:20 PM   #40
LaLa247
Wooo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kit
Kevin "Hercules" Sorbo in a sitcom? That's not right..
Hee. He's actually very funny in a deadpan sort of way.

I would like to see CC in that John Stamos sitcom, Jake in Progress. Mmm, Uncle Jesse John Stamos...
Charisma's Bitch #1

"Treat everyone the same until you find out they're an idiot." -- Lucy Lawless

President Bush DID have a sure fire plan to end the war in Iraq, However Chuck Norris was busy that day.
LaLa247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2005, 01:34 PM   #41
Platypus
The Pointy End

I'm going to try to hide a tiny little disgruntled jealous rant in this thread, since it is at least peripherally related to the issue of pilots.

Lake Bell has just landed the lead in an NBC pilot - "Fathoms" - nothing against the actress, but from the few eps of "Miss Match" I watched I didn't see her as being all that talented, she was just written out of "Boston Public" in favour of Candice Bergen, and yet she's still headlining a pilot and no news on the CC front? Grump. The pilot does sound promising, for sci-fi fans, which makes it all the more frustrating.

For story: Bell Dives Into NBC's 'Fathom'

Tact is just not saying true stuff. I'll pass.
Platypus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2005, 03:01 PM   #42
tojoson

from the futon critic
Quote:
OLD CHRISTINE (A.K.A. UNTITLED KARI LIZER PROJECT) (CBS) - Kari Lizer's ("Will & Grace") put pilot at the Eye has been given a cast-contingent production order. The comedy project, originally announced back in November (read the story), centers on a 35-year-old divorced mom trying to keep pace with everyone around her including the judgmental stay-at-home moms at her son's private school and her ex-husband, who already is dating. Lizer is also behind the WB's comedy pilot "True," starring Anne Heche. As for "Christine," the project is set up at Warner Bros. Television.
Old 02-10-2005, 03:20 PM   #43
Penny Century
Rich girl, superhero

Hmmm...and CBS and UPN are corporate siblings. Wouldn't the Eye love to have a new Mary Tyler Moore in its stable?
Old 02-10-2005, 03:35 PM   #44
Kit

Speaking of the Eye, they ordered some more pilots.

One of them is Old Christine.

There are two that sound promising as well:

Quote:
"Everything I Know About Men," about a single young woman juggling all the men in her life. The project is based on the BBC comedy "According to Bex."

"How I Met Your Mother," an ensemble comedy from the point of view of a man looking back on his single life from 20 years in the future.

Last edited by Kit; 02-10-2005 at 04:10 PM.
Old 02-10-2005, 03:46 PM   #45
Bert
The Evil Potato Chip

oooh... According to Bex, not that great... though the UK haven't done a good sitcom for a good while...

At Weekends My Name Is Ernie
Bert is offline   Reply With Quote