Register Control Panel Search FAQ/Help/Guide Memberlist Forum Calendar The Stranger Things Store Home Stranger Things Home

Go Back   Stranger Things Forum > Main > Charisma Carpenter
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-12-2005, 04:22 PM   #1
Kit

Pilot Speculations

Well, its pilot season again. I just thought that it would be fun to compile all the pilots together and specuate on which one we wish CC (or other Cordyverse Actors/Actresses) could be in, which one would make it into the fall line-up, which one would be cancelled after the first week...you get the idea.

Anyway, I'll start with this article:

Quote:
"Laws of Chance" is based on the real-life exploits of Kelly Siegler and centers on a feisty female assistant district attorney in Houston who uses unconventional methods against the toughest old-boy Texas defense attorneys. Gary Glasberg (NBC's "Crossing Jordan") wrote the script and will serve as an executive producer.
This one sounds awesome IMO, but I don't know if it can compete with all the other legal or procedural shows out there.

Also, JJ Abrams' new show sounds promising too. The concept is very fresh and I think CC can definitely pull off being a con-woman.

ETA: Should this thread be in here? OR TV Party?

"Never continue in a job you don't enjoy. If you're happy in what you're doing, you'll like yourself, you'll have inner peace. And if you have that, along with physical health, you will have had more success than you could possibly have imagined." - Johnny Carson

Last edited by Kit; 01-12-2005 at 04:24 PM.
Kit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005, 06:49 PM   #2
tojoson

here's one for you from the futon critic

AMY COYNE (FOX, New!) - Kevin Falls ("The West Wing") has scored a pilot production order from FOX for a new drama about a young woman who inherits her father's sports agency business following his sudden death. Said event forces her to come up with creative ways to run the agency in order to survive in the testosterone-pumped environment. The project, which is being likened to "Ally McBeal" meets "Jerry Maguire," is set up at 20th Century Fox Television.

not sure if i'd like to see CC in this or not, depends on how it is handled
Old 01-13-2005, 07:22 AM   #3
Platypus
The Pointy End

Kit, I had the same thought as you on "Laws of Chance". I wonder if CC has changed her mind about avoiding hour long dramas - I almost hope so, if it increases her chances at a regular television role for next season.

Tact is just not saying true stuff. I'll pass.
Platypus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2005, 10:05 AM   #4
jujube1013
spank your inner moppet

i can see her in either role, i love her when she's feisty and can you see her going at it,verbally, with some sports stars.
jujube1013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2005, 03:45 PM   #5
Shadow4Corangela
owner of a lonely heart

Quote:
Platypus
...I wonder if CC has changed her mind about avoiding hour long dramas - I almost hope so, if it increases her chances at a regular television role for next season.
I've also thought about this for a while. I too hope she's changed her mind. It'd be awesome if she did.

Dean Winchester: I hope your apple pie is freakin' worth it! ~Supernatural

Cordelia: I like 'David'. It's such a strong, masculine name. [pause] It just feels good in your mouth. ~ Angel
Shadow4Corangela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2005, 05:07 PM   #6
nodakskip

She may have. Angels hours were all at night. If she did a normal drama she would have daytime hours. Plus her son is how old now? She could have a sitter on set.

Plus dont know if anyone has thought of it. But we have heard she is rumored to be a name for either the "Fog" or "Wonder Woman" I dont know if she will do a pilot because if she lands the movie then she wont be able to shoot tv at the same time.
Old 01-14-2005, 05:55 PM   #7
tojoson

a couple more from the futon critic

Quote:
AMERICAN CRIME (CBS) - Jerry Bruckheimer's latest has been given the green light to produce a pilot. The project, which was created by Jim Leonard ("Skin") and is set up at Bruckheimer's Warner Bros. Television-based company, revolves around a female prosecutor who juggles the world of suburban crime with the challenges of being a new mother. Bruckheimer and Leonard will executive produce the project, which originally had a put pilot commitment, with Jonathan Littman.

THRESHOLD (CBS) - Bragi Schut's drama pilot about a female government contingency analyst who leads a team of scientists and military personnel to respond to the threat of a mysterious alien lifeform has been given the go ahead to produce a pilot by the Eye. David Goyer ("Batman Begins," "Blade 3") is set to direct and executive produce the pilot, which is set up at Paramount Network Television. Schut, Mark Rosen and David Heyman ("Harry Potter") will also serve as executive producers on the project, which received a put pilot commitment last year.
Old 01-14-2005, 06:09 PM   #8
Bibliophile

Quote:
Originally Posted by tojoson
AMERICAN CRIME (CBS) - Jerry Bruckheimer's latest has been given the green light to produce a pilot. The project, which was created by Jim Leonard ("Skin") and is set up at Bruckheimer's Warner Bros. Television-based company, revolves around a female prosecutor who juggles the world of suburban crime with the challenges of being a new mother. Bruckheimer and Leonard will executive produce the project, which originally had a put pilot commitment, with Jonathan Littman.
I was just coming here to post about that show. I'd love to see CC in that.
Old 01-14-2005, 06:15 PM   #9
Penny Century
Rich girl, superhero

Quote:
Originally Posted by nodakskip
She may have. Angels hours were all at night. If she did a normal drama she would have daytime hours. Plus her son is how old now? She could have a sitter on set.
And then there's the 24 model, in which there are so many subplots going on at once that most of the regulars are home before dinner. Leslie Hope (Terri Bauer from S1) used to say she didn't even have to miss PTA meetings with the schedule she kept.
Old 01-16-2005, 02:32 PM   #10
brownsbros3

I did some digging this afternoon, and here are some more pilots being developed. Most of these have not done any casting yet.

ABC:
The Evidence - It is a crime drama in which the evidence is presented first, and then the crime is reconstructed.

Long Island Sound - Emilio Estevez plays a family man who has to redefine his life after he loses his job with a big company after 9/11. He finds success as a small business owner while living with his wife, two kids, a socially active aunt, and a father who has Alzheimer's.

Mr. and Mrs. Doe - Two FBI agents go undercover as a married couple.

Pros and Cons - A group of con-artists work for the FBI.

Surviving the Mintz Sisters - Three men end up banding together when they marry three close-knit and ultra competitive sisters.

Westside - An upscale real estate agency specializes in high-end homes on L.A.'s west side with three of the main characters being related by blood.

What About Brian - A single 30-something guy is surrounded by his married friends.

Untitled ABC projects:
David Boreanaz plays a cop who goes undercover in the world of murder for hire.

Freddie Prinze Jr. plays a man who after breaking free of his overbearing family must return home to a house full of women who drive him crazy after his brother dies.

Marissa Jaret Winokur plays a working girl who strikes it rich, and moves with her husband to a gated community.

Cheri Oteri plays a woman who works on a children's TV series.

CBS:
House Broken - A womanizing bachelor makes a difficult adjustment after marrying a lady with two kids.

Three - A happily married couple takes in their recently divorced male friend.

Zen Justice - A Los Angeles private investigator continues her job despite losing a lung to cancer.

Untitled CBS projects:
Three estranged siblings have to become close again when they become guardians of their professor father. Jerry Bruckheimer is producing.

A woman, while living with her brother, tries to balance her job and getting her kid enrolled in a private school.

NBC:
Criminal Behavior - Ray Liotta is a detective who tries to stop crime before it happens, and deals with his own turbulent personal life.

Lies and the Wives We Tell Them To - Four married best friends explore the secrets and lies that keep marriages and friendships happy.

Loved Ones - Three adult siblings have lives that didn't turn out as they planned.

Untitled NBC projects:
Dennis Hopper is an aging free spirit who just became a father again, and lives with his adult daughter and her husband.

Wayne Brady is an ethically challenged personal injury lawyer.

Former Angel writer Shawn Ryan is developing a show about a Connecticut congressman and his wife as told through the eyes of a 17 year old intern.

FOX:
East Enders - It's an Amercianized version of the British series which is going to be set in a blue collar neighborhood in Chicago.

The Honorable and Mrs. - A U.S. ambassador to the United Nations is forced to marry a CIA Agent in order to give her the perfect cover.

House of Payne - A lawyer that had a nervous breakdown teams with another lawyer who's mentally disturbed and has an anger problem. Together they represent people with all kinds of issues, not just legal.

The Other Mall - A young go-getter played by David Hornsby is put in charge of a mall after its sold to a corporation. He then has to deal with the wacky retailers.

The Perez Family - A 16 year old boy faces girls, school, and grades while living with his dad, young stepmom, and grandparents. Steve Martin is the executive producer.

Unhitched - A dysfunctional family of lawyers works in a divorce centered law firm.

The War at Home - Hypocritical parents are forced to face off with their kids.

Untitled FOX project:
A female private investigator is also a manic depressive.

WB:
The Au Pairs - It tracks the lives of three women who work as nannies to the New York elite as well as their efforts to become part of the Hamptons social scene.

Halley's Comet - A young cancer survivor navigates her way through medical school, friendship, and love. David E. Kelley is the creator.

I'll Cuddle When I'm Dead - It's loosely based on creator Stacy Traub's experience as a Canadian writer who marries an American man in order to stay in the U.S.

Love Lindsey/Hate Hannah - A man falls in love with his ex-wife's sister.

Spy Girl - An Ivy League graduate quits her publishing job to pursue a lifelong dream by joining a Manhattan Private Investigating Agency. She also gets to work with a team of misfit colleagues.

True - A woman in her late 20's whose boyfriend breaks up with her while she's in labor, has to move back home with her parents.

Untitled WB project:
David Arquette plays a newsstand owner who decides to ditch his slacker life when he falls in love.

UPN:
Triangle - A doctor's wife disappears during their Caribbean honeymoon. To find out what happened, he stays on the island tending to the medical needs of residents and resort visitors.

Lifetime:
Strong Medicine: First Response - Its a spinoff of "Strong Medicine" that is said to be younger, hipper, and more action packed.

Tripping the Prom Queen - It takes a looks at how women navigate and compete in the workplace and in suburbia.

Cartoon Network:
Robot Chicken - Seth Green has created and will provide voices for this animated series. It uses something called stop motion animation (forgive my stupidity, but does anyone know what that is?) to deliver a satirical look at pop culture.
brownsbros3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2005, 02:48 PM   #11
Prima
I have no idea...

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownsbros3
Cartoon Network:
Robot Chicken - It uses something called stop motion animation (forgive my stupidity, but does anyone know what that is?) to deliver a satirical look at pop culture.
Stop motion animation. Think the rancor from Return Of The Jedi or Bob The Builder.

"...speculating on the sadomasochistic dominance games of the White House staff is always more interesting and topical than shipper wars." --Cordy's Bitch

"OMG GOD HATES ME BECAUSE HE DIDN'T MAKE JESUS/PETER CANON! I'M QUITTING THIS FANDOM, AND I AM TOTALLY NOT FINISHING REVELATIONS!" --latara
Prima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2005, 03:24 PM   #12
Lovin' Lorne
Too Hot For Words

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prima
Stop motion animation. Think the rancor from Return Of The Jedi or Bob The Builder.
Or any of the Rankin/Bass Christmas specials, or even The Nightmare Before Christmas.

Where's Blue? Please help if you can.
Lovin' Lorne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2005, 03:27 PM   #13
Penny Century
Rich girl, superhero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovin' Lorne
Or any of the Rankin/Bass Christmas specials, or even The Nightmare Before Christmas.
Or anything by Ray Harryhausen, including Jason and the Argonauts and Clash of the Titans. And the even better SW example, the tauntauns from The Empire Strikes Back.
Old 01-16-2005, 04:18 PM   #14
jujube1013
spank your inner moppet

i think CC would be great in:
Laws of Chance
Mr&mrs. Doe
westside
american crime
criminal behavior
the sports agency show
and Spy Girl
jujube1013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2005, 04:28 PM   #15
Cordy's Bitch
Not amused

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penny Century
Or anything by Ray Harryhausen, including Jason and the Argonauts and Clash of the Titans.

BY THE GODS!!!
"Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair. Or fuckin' beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Till then you've got a lot more punishment in store. So stand it like a man, and give some back."
Cordy's Bitch is offline   Reply With Quote