Register Control Panel Search FAQ/Help/Guide Memberlist Forum Calendar The Stranger Things Store Home Stranger Things Home

Go Back   Stranger Things Forum > Main > Charisma Carpenter
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-23-2004, 06:44 PM   #1
KeyserSoze
local god

Hmm...A vacancy at Law & Order?

http://www.eonline.com/News/Items/0,1,14373,00.html

Anyone else see CC or SR (power suits in tow) strutting their stuff and adding some mojo & moxie to that ol' ratings warhorse?

Just a thought
KeyserSoze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2004, 06:54 PM   #2
Freakface
Who's Your Daddy?!

I can see Charisma grilling the defendant on the stand... a definite change from the genre and comedy roles she had...

I have looked at the darkness of the world, and all I see is the light of humanity - Unknown

Come check out my blog: http://freakfaceusacelebpics.blogspot.com/
Freakface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2004, 09:23 PM   #3
tojoson

as much as i would love to see CC working, i think i would rather see SR in this role.

i would like to see CC spend the next year doing a bunch of guest shots on a variety of types of shows, comedy and drama.
show her range, and widen her portfolio, let more people see what she can do.

Stephanie however played a lawyer on angel already, so she would fit in very well on L&O.

but i have heard rumors that Angie Harmon may come back, i don't know if that's wishful thinking, or an actual possability, but' i have heard it
Old 06-23-2004, 09:41 PM   #4
Kit

Another casting rumour

I also heard that Robin Christopher, who plays Skye Quartermaine on General Hospital may also be considered for the role. I love Skye on GH and I think she's a fine actress. I wouldn't mind seeing her on that show every week.

As for CC, I'm sure there are loads of opportunities for her out there. Of course, I'd loved to see her on the tube every week and Law and Order is one fine show to be on. Also, I think CC would add some spice to the show. I'd be really happy if she gets the part but I wouldn't be too upset if she doesn't either.

I am actually hoping that she would be Joey's new neighbor though.

"Never continue in a job you don't enjoy. If you're happy in what you're doing, you'll like yourself, you'll have inner peace. And if you have that, along with physical health, you will have had more success than you could possibly have imagined." - Johnny Carson

Last edited by Kit; 06-24-2004 at 06:44 PM.
Kit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2004, 09:47 PM   #5
Morrigan
Who Da Man?!

CC could do a hell of a lot better in the role then ER did (and I actually liked Serena/ER on L&O). However, I don't think this is the perfect vehicle for CC. She needs room to be funny as well as serious and L&O (DA side) doesn't leave a lot of room for that.
Old 06-23-2004, 10:07 PM   #6
Platypus
The Pointy End

I'm voting no. "Law and Order", while still a formidable and reliable franchise for NBC, is showing signs of decline. Next year will be a tough year for the original series, as it is being pitted against the latest CSI incarnation, starring Gary Sinise, and will be minus Jerry Orbach. I don't see this as a good time for an up and coming actress like CC to be attached to a show that may be struggling year-to-year next season, and I sure as heck don't want to have her blamed for any slide in ratings.

Tact is just not saying true stuff. I'll pass.
Platypus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2004, 10:49 PM   #7
Cordy's Bitch
Not amused

If you're going Mutant Enemy people, what about Emma Caulfield?
"Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair. Or fuckin' beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Till then you've got a lot more punishment in store. So stand it like a man, and give some back."
Cordy's Bitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2004, 11:57 PM   #8
argel
beloved cordelia

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! First CC disappears from weekly television, now ER follows suit! What am I going to do without my two favorite TV actresses every week?[/anguish]

I could see CC in the role. I think it would be an interesting change of pace for her.

I am so going to see Miss Congeniality 2 when it comes out. I am so there.

***argel***
Team Cordy™ #17
Charisma's Bitch #17
The Place of Blue

Not a Color, But a State of Mind

Lisa: Wait, Xena can't fly!
Lucy Lawless: I told you, I'm not Xena. I'm Lucy Lawless!
Lisa: Oh.
argel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2004, 08:46 AM   #9
mef2101
TiVoholic! Have pity.

argel, I will have to join you for Congeniality 2.

I have a fondeness for Sandra Bullock.... well, perhaps fondness is too mild a word.

I wonder if they're doing more of the Congeniality flics; we have all sorts of L&O cast to co-star. The first with Ben Bratt in the cast, this one with Elisabeth Rohm.

Damn, you could cast the ENTIRE movie with all the various L&O alum.
mef2101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2004, 08:50 AM   #10
KeyserSoze
local god

Interesting thoughts, everyone. I thought the Angie Harmon character was a feisty one. She wasn't outrightly funny but she was witty & sharp, which made me think of CC & SR.
KeyserSoze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2004, 09:34 AM   #11
Morrigan
Who Da Man?!

I liked Angie Harmon's character a lot she was fiesty but there just isn't all that much room for humor on that side of the house. With the cops, especially Lenny everyone is so cynical that they're cracking jokes and making wiseass remarks all of the time.
Old 06-24-2004, 11:02 AM   #12
Bertha Blue

Yeah, I think she would do a good job, but wouldn't that mean that CC would have to move to New York? I don't know if at this point in her life (with a new baby and all) and moving across the country would be something she would be willing to do at this point.

Besides, I agree that L&O (all the spin-offs in fact) are a slowley dying breed. CC is a young, fresh face and she shouldn't be tied to a show like that. Plus, it's an hour long drama, which is something she has empatically stated that she isn't interested in doing at this point in her life.
Old 06-24-2004, 11:15 AM   #13
Morrigan
Who Da Man?!

Yes L&O is actually filmed in NY as opposed to other shows which are set in the City but filmed in LA.

I wouldn't say that L&O is a dying breed, the original show still wins it's timeslot every week in pulls in fabulous numbers. It's a powerful enough franchise to have launced 2 spin offs with the go ahead for another one mid-season.

It's not as hip or trendy as the CSI franchise but at this point I'd have to say that it's TV Landmark. That being said, as much as I like L&O and I think the formula works I do believe that the newer shows SVU and CI are much better then the original.

I suppose one could make the argument for L&O getting stale, after 15 seasons it would be hard not to. However there is no way that the franchise is getting old or stale.

I'm just waiting for the day that L&O and CSI go head to head every night of the week.
Old 06-24-2004, 12:11 PM   #14
jerry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morrigan
I'm just waiting for the day that L&O and CSI go head to head every night of the week.
Unless I'm mistaken, you won't be waiting long, because I believe the plan is for CBS to air CSI:New York opposite the original L&O this fall.
jerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2004, 01:20 PM   #15
rolandro

Nope. Not a CC role.

Also, it's filmed in NY. Also, it's hour-long. Also Damien's in school still, right?
Also, it's far away from Hollywood, far away from the studios and other opportunities. Alos L&O got old for me about XF season 2.

Also. . . I don't want her to do it.

SR would be lovely - and it would sort of be a reprise, wouldn't it?

Sort of like CC and Now I lay me down to sleep and comas.
rolandro is offline   Reply With Quote