Register Control Panel Search FAQ/Help/Guide Memberlist Forum Calendar The Stranger Things Store Home Stranger Things Home

Go Back   Stranger Things Forum > Main > The Cordyverse
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-03-2007, 04:21 PM   #16
Penny Century
Rich girl, superhero

This is beginning to sound like "bringing fights from other boards onto this one" (one-sided or otherwise). Back off the "other people say" rhetoric, please and thank you.
Old 09-04-2007, 02:14 PM   #17
fiddly

As Morrigan has already said I think the 'spin off' ship has well and truly sailed. It was just such a long time ago that even the die hard fans couldn't give a crap anymore. ASH would only have a small demographic appeal so they would have to bring some really strong cast members in. Not to mention the really bad writing towards the end of BTVS where Giles always seemed to be written as an afterthought didn't do his likability factor any good. A lot of the 'normal' viewers didn't really care if Giles was there or not in fact from the ones I talked to they would have preferred it if he had been written off when ASH said he wanted to go.

If BBC are going through with this they'd have to put it in a really strong line up and the only line up I can think that would suit this genre is BBC2 after Doctor Who and just before Jekyll and Hyde, frankly I can't see that happening.

As for cameos, if it's shot here I can't see anyone making the long haul down here just for a cameo. SMG has always sounded like she wants to distance herself as much as possible, DB is usually diplomatic but again usually expresses a subtle disinterest, AH has a reasonably good career going without the Buffy verse, I don't know much about AD or AA but again just for a cameo? Seems like a lot of work!!

And that's the end of that ramble.

fidd
And, honestly? I'll be damned if Joss fucking Whedon breaks this board apart. We survived S4, we survived Charisma's firing, we're surviving the mess of S5. We're stronger than we think. Courteously donated by Lala247

Everything is going to be fine in the end, if it's not fine, it's not the end.
fiddly is offline   Reply With Quote