Register Control Panel Search FAQ/Help/Guide Memberlist Forum Calendar The Stranger Things Store Home Stranger Things Home

Go Back   Stranger Things Forum > Main > Charisma Carpenter
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-31-2007, 09:53 AM   #1
Andromeda7_4

Ugly Betty Reference?

The latest issue of Entertainment Weekly mag. has an article about the cast of Buffy- a sort of what are they doing now type thing.

In the section on Charisma Carpenter, which begins "Attention Football Wives!" there is the mention of "snapping her up before Ugly Betty does!"

Does anyone know what they meant?
Is she under consideration for a role on Ugly Betty, or is there a new show titled Football Wives?

Very puzzled by this...
Andromeda7_4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 10:52 AM   #2
tojoson

I think maybe it's just a little dream casting,
but there is a 'Football Wives' series on the BBC that's supposed to be remade for America.

I wish some casting directors would take some of the advice in these various articles out there, and cast her in SOMETHING.
Old 03-31-2007, 01:16 PM   #3
Dusted
just... smile

Hmm are you talking about Footballers Wives? I thought it was on ITV. It's moved around. Now showing on 5. Eiher way it was very popular. Quite an old show now and has finished.
i do try not to abbreviate- honest
Dusted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 02:00 PM   #4
Morrigan
Who Da Man?!

It was just an editorial on her typical characters. Bitchy!Cordy, Bitchy!Kendell, as LaLa has so often pointed out, CC could make a great career ala Heather Locklear.

CC could do well on Ugly Betty, hell I still think she should have gotten a part on Wedding Bells, she'd show way more compassion and likeability then any of those actresses.

Last edited by Morrigan; 03-31-2007 at 04:50 PM.
Morrigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 03:12 PM   #5
Kit

Delurking to add...

It irks me immensely that freaking Kelly Monaco gets a freaking guest star role in the pilot of Football's Wives.

I really, really hope that CC gets something this year.

"Never continue in a job you don't enjoy. If you're happy in what you're doing, you'll like yourself, you'll have inner peace. And if you have that, along with physical health, you will have had more success than you could possibly have imagined." - Johnny Carson
Kit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 05:02 PM   #6
SamIAm
It's all about Cordy.

ABC is doing a series called Football Wives to air in the fall, but it's pretty much all cast, including Lucy Lawless, Ving Rhames, and The Beek. Interestingly enough, Holly Robinson Peete, real-life wife of a former football player, is also in the cast. It is based on the BBC(?) series.

CC as the anti-Wilhelmina though... The mind boggles.
Old 03-31-2007, 06:04 PM   #7
Dusted
just... smile

Maybe CC wants to spread her ating abilities and play a different role. I would love to see her on the screens again this year but then i think she's just a great Mum. Anyways is this show actualy called Football's Wives. Just sounds like the actual football has a wife. I guess they can't have the english title or is football's wives a typical American saying?
i do try not to abbreviate- honest
Dusted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 12:11 PM   #8
DamnSkippy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusted View Post
Anyways is this show actualy called Football's Wives. Just sounds like the actual football has a wife. I guess they can't have the english title or is football's wives a typical American saying?
It's "Football Wives," football in the singular (and not possessive) being the word to describe the game and not the oval object made of pigskin.
DamnSkippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 09:14 PM   #9
Gabriella
Until we bleed...

We used to be so pro-active, strangers. Isn't there something we can *do* to put her out there?

I don't mean to sound like Jennifer Coolidge...

A passionate 'ship is always about the person you want to BE hooking up with the person you want to SCREW - samluvharrison

Charisma's Bitch #186~Team Cordy #186~Gutter Gal #186

She acts like summer and walks like rain
Gabriella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 02:29 PM   #10
Livvie
nutcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriella View Post
We used to be so pro-active, strangers. Isn't there something we can *do* to put her out there?

I don't mean to sound like Jennifer Coolidge...

Well, a couple of months ago, Gail and I were talking about this very thing. I am in a few soap fandoms and it is INSANE what they will do for their faves. I am talking about letter writing campaigns, phone calls, etc.

If people are interested, I have most of the ABC contact info. We could all pitch in, write emails, calls, just get her name out there, generate some buzz. And to point out in those emails and calls that you are a consumer and would watch whatever CC was in, etc. It is getting people to watch and watch the sponsor commercials that is really important.

If we contact the President of ABC enough, the VPs, etc, they might be more inclined to turn to the Ugly Betty producers and say "hey! This Charisma Carpenter has a vocal fanbase with lots of buying power, let's get her on a show."

It has worked for actors with no talent and CC is amazing. She just needs a little bit of buzz.
Old 04-04-2007, 09:22 AM   #11
tojoson

A post at IMDB states

from Kristen (Wrongda)
Quote:
I hear that before the end of the season, we meet Nikki, Alexis' sexy and fearless ex-girlfriend, who works for an extreme sports magazine. Word is she's hanging with the Meade boys again, but now that Alex(is) is no longer "available," she starts getting close to guess who? Daniel! I'm hearing they're looking for a big name to play the role.
Now that would be dream casting for CC..
Old 04-04-2007, 11:43 AM   #12
SamIAm
It's all about Cordy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tojoson View Post
Now that would be dream casting for CC..
In many ways...

I wonder if Charisma is still against doing another hour-long series?
Old 04-04-2007, 11:53 AM   #13
tojoson

I don't think she's ever been against GUEST STARING on an hour drama.

She just didn't want to do it every week.
Old 04-04-2007, 12:44 PM   #14
Gabriella
Until we bleed...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livvie View Post
Well, a couple of months ago, Gail and I were talking about this very thing. I am in a few soap fandoms and it is INSANE what they will do for their faves. I am talking about letter writing campaigns, phone calls, etc.

If people are interested, I have most of the ABC contact info. We could all pitch in, write emails, calls, just get her name out there, generate some buzz. And to point out in those emails and calls that you are a consumer and would watch whatever CC was in, etc. It is getting people to watch and watch the sponsor commercials that is really important.

If we contact the President of ABC enough, the VPs, etc, they might be more inclined to turn to the Ugly Betty producers and say "hey! This Charisma Carpenter has a vocal fanbase with lots of buying power, let's get her on a show."

It has worked for actors with no talent and CC is amazing. She just needs a little bit of buzz.
I'm up for it. I'm tired of waiting with my fingers crossed to see her on my screen.

A passionate 'ship is always about the person you want to BE hooking up with the person you want to SCREW - samluvharrison

Charisma's Bitch #186~Team Cordy #186~Gutter Gal #186

She acts like summer and walks like rain
Gabriella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 12:54 PM   #15
tojoson

I just started a thread over at the E online message boards about who should play Nikki in Ugly Betty. Naturally I picked CC

Go over there and add your support.

If Kristen (Wrongda) sees it, maybe she'll drop a hint where it counts