Register Control Panel Search FAQ/Help/Guide Memberlist Forum Calendar The Stranger Things Store Home Stranger Things Home

Go Back   Stranger Things Forum > Miscellaneous > Forum Announcements/Help
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-05-2004, 01:09 PM   #1
Dannyblue
a.k.a. Danielle

A Movie Forum

We have the TV Party Forum, which I have loved since the minute it was "born". So, what about a Movie Forum.

I only hesitated to mention it before because there is such a thing as having too many forums at a message board. I've gone to some where there are at least 25. Still, I'd love a place to talk about movies the way we talk about TV shows. I know we can do it on the General Forum, but so much stuff happens in there, any movie stuff could get lost, much like the TV threads used to.

So, good idea? Bad idea?
Old 04-05-2004, 01:15 PM   #2
Emmangel
Administrator

Personally I'm hesitant to have another forum too, as I already feel that we have perhaps too many at the moment (though the DB ad and the Angel Spoilers ones will be no more sooner rather than later).

I do like the idea of a place for movies though.

Perhaps we could make the TV forum for movies too? It would cut down thw forums, and I think they'd still be enough room for both.
Old 04-05-2004, 10:59 PM   #3
Penny Century
Rich girl, superhero

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScaryGayGirl
Perhaps we could make the TV forum for movies too? It would cut down thw forums, and I think they'd still be enough room for both.
I think that's a good solution until the DB ad and Angel Spoilers fora close. The TV area only has about two pages of active threads in it right now; movie talk would be a lot less likely to get lost in there than in General.
Old 04-06-2004, 05:37 AM   #4
broken harlequin
Back to my roots

How about a movie sub forum in the TV party?
Sorry, can I just say “Lilah” again? Lilah. Wherever she is, a huge part of the show’s former tension, humour and intrigue also resides. As has been said a million times over the last month, Eve isn’t fit to polish Lilah Morgan’s stilettos. I ask for Merlot and you give me Kool-Aid. ~ slayage.com

Siren Moved, revamped and with 66% more Lilah bite

Tears of a clown, baby

broken harlequin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2004, 03:12 PM   #5
rousedower
cancelled

Since you'll be getting rid of the Spoilers and DB forums soon, why not get rid of the Cordyverse forum and just leave open the tribute one? The show is dead now too, isn't it?
Stake Darla #13
Greenie Groupie #13
rousedower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2004, 03:56 PM   #6
Penny Century
Rich girl, superhero

No doubt the Cordyverse forum will continue to come in handy at least for a little while for discussion of repeats, DVD releases, and alumni news, if you will. I think a decision regarding that area's fate is a couple of months down the road.

I do plan to move the movie threads over into TV Party sometime during the Easter break. Once the DB ad effort is completed, the movie threads will have dibs on the vacant slot.
Old 04-08-2004, 06:06 PM   #7
AngelsChilde
Shoot the Moon

Well, couldn't you just make an "entertainment" forum? That way, all sorts of tv and movies could be discussed, in addition to the books and music that show up from time to time.
AngelsChilde is offline   Reply With Quote