Register Control Panel Search FAQ/Help/Guide Memberlist Forum Calendar The Stranger Things Store Home Stranger Things Home

Go Back   Stranger Things Forum > Miscellaneous > Forum Announcements/Help
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-18-2003, 12:49 PM   #1
Penny Century
Rich girl, superhero

Exclamation Subscribers: Update Your E-mail Addresses!

Over the past couple of weeks, the board software has started bouncing many, many e-mail messages for board members who have subscribed to threads or fora using an expired, deleted, over-quota, or unavailable e-mail address.

If you've changed your e-mail address since joining ST, or no longer keep the address with which you originally registered, please check your settings and make sure your addy is current. If you need to change your e-mail address record, you can do so by choosing the Edit Options screen from your personal Control Panel.

Remember that if you change your address, the board software will require you to confirm the address before you can log in again. You should receive an automated e-mail with one-click confirmation at your new forum address. If you do not receive the e-mail within 12 hours, send me a message from your new address to stranger@stranger-things.net, and I'll confirm you manually.

Thank you for reading this message!
Old 07-31-2003, 01:42 PM   #2
Penny Century
Rich girl, superhero

*bink*

I'm still receiving an awful lot of bounced e-mails from people who have subscribed to threads without updating their e-mail addresses. I've PM'ed some of you, so this is just a reminder to update your profile. If you're not receiving e-mail notification on your subscriptions, it's probably because you have an expired or inactive forum address. Get in there and make the system work for you!
Old 08-07-2003, 10:45 AM   #3
Penny Century
Rich girl, superhero

Folks, I'm still receiving literally scores of bounced e-mails every day from people who've subbed threads and fora without updating their addresses. Haven't you wondered why you're not receiving the update messages? Don't forget to take care of this -- just click Edit Profile from the Control Panel screen.
Old 12-28-2003, 06:01 PM   #4
Penny Century
Rich girl, superhero

*bink*

Second verse, same as the first.

Y'all help me out here, uhkay?
Old 02-27-2004, 04:45 PM   #5
Penny Century
Rich girl, superhero

Just a reminder: If you subscribe to any threads or fora, make sure your profile contains your current, correct e-mail address, and make sure your e-mail box has enough space to receive notifications. The system is bouncing an average of about 100 new-post notifications every day, and they all land in my e-mail box. Help the software do its job!

If you have any questions about how to change your e-mail address in your board profile, just post here.
Old 03-12-2004, 03:38 PM   #6
Penny Century
Rich girl, superhero

One more time:

If you subscribe to any fora or threads, please, PLEASE make sure your user profile contains a current and correct address, and that your e-mail box has enough room to receive mail. Please change your address or delete messages if necessary.

Kid, every time your thread update notifications bounce, the bouncebacks land in my personal e-mail box. I wade through about 35 pages of that every time I check my mail, and it's really getting unmanageable. Give me a hand, here.