Register Control Panel Search FAQ/Help/Guide Memberlist Forum Calendar The Stranger Things Store Home Stranger Things Home

Go Back   Stranger Things Forum > Main > Movie Mania!
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-21-2011, 11:20 PM   #1
Gabriella
Until we bleed...

Catwoman Cast

And the role goes to...Anne Hathaway.

I really like Anne but personally I think she's a little too bubblegum to play Catwoman.

Someone edgier like Mila Kunis, Angelina Jolie or, biast as I am, Charisma Carpenter would have been a better fit.

Thoughts?

A passionate 'ship is always about the person you want to BE hooking up with the person you want to SCREW - samluvharrison

Charisma's Bitch #186~Team Cordy #186~Gutter Gal #186

She acts like summer and walks like rain
Gabriella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 04:37 AM   #2
SamIAm
It's all about Cordy.

For me, Julie Newmar will forever be Catwoman, and CC is the only one I can think of that may have challenged that concept. OTOH, I think Anne Hathaway can do the role justice. She's no Julie Newmar though.
Old 01-22-2011, 07:07 AM   #3
Morrigan
Who Da Man?!

I'm not certain how I feel about this. My first reaction upon hearing the news was confusion as I believe Nolan swore up and down that he'd never introduce Catwoman to the series (this leads me to believe that this is a studio push - never a good sign).

I also have reservations about the casting, don't think she's right for the role...but hey I said the same thing about Heath Ledger as The Joker and Karl Urban as Bones McCoy and I was totally wrong on both counts.

So, for now I'm going to let it slide and make a decision once I see the movie.
Old 01-22-2011, 02:03 PM   #4
Syn
insane clown girl

I'm optimistic about this casting, actually. Anne Hathaway has done a lot of lighter roles, but I think she's got the chops for this.
Old 01-22-2011, 09:48 PM   #5
samsmom

Add my voice to the misgivings. Anne Hathaway doesn't exactly bring feline grace to mind. Not to mention the one-two punch dialogue between Pfeifer and Keaton - that sexual tension will be a lot to live up to.

OTOH, they'll probably write her flat anyway. Nolan is good with the Batman franchise, imo, but he SUCKS at writing women.
samsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 03:16 PM   #6
Cordy's Bitch
Not amused

1. They've made a point of saying he's cast Selina Kyle. Not Catwoman. So I'm thinking we might not see her in a full on cat costume in the movie.

2. Her scenes in Rachel's Getting Married make me feel better about the choice.

3. I'll only compare her performance to the comics, as that's my primary source for all things Batman, having read them for over 20 years. I'll compare her to what's on the page, not to what Michelle Pfeiffer did twenty years ago.

4. I'll withhold judgement until I see it. After all, when Heath Ledger was announced as the Joker, everyone was up in arms, and look how that turned out.
"Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair. Or fuckin' beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Till then you've got a lot more punishment in store. So stand it like a man, and give some back."
Cordy's Bitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 05:30 AM   #7
Gabriella
Until we bleed...

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsmom View Post

OTOH, they'll probably write her flat anyway. Nolan is good with the Batman franchise, imo, but he SUCKS at writing women.
Huh. I never considered this before because I was vaguely blinded by his brilliance but now that I think about it, you're right. I hated both portrayals of Rachel Dawes and Marion Cotillard's character in Inception made me want to reach through the big screen and shove her through that window myself.

A passionate 'ship is always about the person you want to BE hooking up with the person you want to SCREW - samluvharrison

Charisma's Bitch #186~Team Cordy #186~Gutter Gal #186

She acts like summer and walks like rain
Gabriella is offline   Reply With Quote