Register Control Panel Search FAQ/Help/Guide Memberlist Forum Calendar The Stranger Things Store Home Stranger Things Home

Go Back   Stranger Things Forum > Main > Charisma Carpenter
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-26-2004, 11:41 AM   #1
Bertha Blue

What's next for CC?

Does anybody know if she is auditioning for anything or been offered anything yet (I still think that she would be great as the female lead in "Mr. Fix It" as they still haven't cast the female lead yet. Hey, a girl can dream can't she? ).
Old 05-26-2004, 12:08 PM   #2
DamnSkippy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bertha Blue
Does anybody know if she is auditioning for anything or been offered anything yet (I still think that she would be great as the female lead in "Mr. Fix It" as they still haven't cast the female lead yet. Hey, a girl can dream can't she? ).
I would love for that to happen but I kind of doubt either one of them would want it. They've just played two characters who for 2 years were supposed to be romantically linked. I think they both want to shed the Cordy/Angel stereotype and putting them together like that on the big screen would be too close to just recreating the tv thing. Besides, think of all the lost B/A ticket sales. Ya think the B/Aers are campaigning for SMG as the lead?
DamnSkippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2004, 12:14 PM   #3
Bertha Blue

Well, it's just a little dream of mine for DB and CC to work together again. And I hope that that nobody would be campaigning for SMG for the role. Besides, it's not angsty enough. B/A were never funny (well, at least not in a comedic way, but funny in a sad pathetic way). I think it would have to based on whether or not the female lead has chemistry with her male lead and with the other actors, and I think that CC and DB have that in spades.

Anyways, I'm genuinely curious though. Has Chrissy said anything recently about CC's future projects?
Old 05-26-2004, 12:29 PM   #4
Penny Century
Rich girl, superhero

With CC.com down for bandwidth early this month, it's been a while since we've had that outlet to find out what Charisma's planning next. Hopefully we'll hear something on Tuesday, when the site comes back up.
Old 05-26-2004, 01:17 PM   #5
v120176

About Arrested development

ONe question. I love Arrested Development. How did it work in USA? Is still on air? It's very requested at the Torrents forums for donwload.
I totally can see CC as a cousin of Michael, working with his mother Lucille. Besides they had Liza Minelli, the actress of Seinfield (I forgot her name), it's really good.

V
v120176 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2004, 02:18 PM   #6
Platypus
The Pointy End

Hey, there's still a possibility she'll be cast in a pilot that is undergoing "re-casting", notwithstanding a network pick-up. Here's an article from Zap2It on that phenomenon (and even though I know CC wants a sitcom and not an hour drama, I wouldn't mind seeing her work with James Spader and William Shatner now that Rebecca DeMornay does not appear to be joining "The Practice" spinoff as a full-time regular):

Pilots Re-Casting

Tact is just not saying true stuff. I'll pass.
Platypus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2004, 02:36 PM   #7
Penny Century
Rich girl, superhero

Quote:
Originally Posted by v120176
ONe question. I love Arrested Development. How did it work in USA? Is still on air? It's very requested at the Torrents forums for donwload.
It got renewed, barely, but it seems to be developing a following, which indicates that its ratings may improve with a good promotional campaign and old-fashioned word of mouth. The critics love it. And it is very, very, very funny.

CC would be great as a Token Sane Person who has to try to make sense of the Bluths from whatever angle and for whatever reason. She makes an exemplary audience surrogate in anything she does. I'd love to see that.
Old 05-26-2004, 02:49 PM   #8
tojoson

rather than get cast as a regular in a drama, i think i would like to see her do a variety of different things for a year, and hope for a sitcom deal on a MAJOR network next year.

i would like to see her guest on a bunch dramas , and comedys, i want her to play god on JOA,, i want her to be a voice on 'the simpsons', and maybe a couple of tv movies
Old 05-26-2004, 02:58 PM   #9
Bertha Blue

Thanks Platy for the article. Hmm..that's really interesting about RDM. I wonder if she asked for too much money or the audience just didn't like her?

I find it odd that so many shows are getting recast, especially after the pilot was shot. I know that in Alyson's sitcom even, the male lead got recast.

But then again, I guess this is commonplace in Hollywood. Pilots get reworked, shows get reworked, sometimes season to season and even mid-season (Suddenly Susan is a good example) and people get cast and replaced all the time. It's so unstable, you wonder why people even want to be actors today.
Old 05-26-2004, 03:35 PM   #10
SamIAm
It's all about Cordy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Platypus
...I wouldn't mind seeing her work with James Spader and William Shatner now that Rebecca DeMornay does not appear to be joining "The Practice" spinoff as a full-time regular...
Hmm, Charisma Carpenter could play a lawyer in a series with Lake Bell. And Alicia Silverstone could guest star as CC's high school nemesis who ends up dating Denny Craine. It's never been done!
Old 05-26-2004, 03:37 PM   #11
Platypus
The Pointy End

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamIAm
Hmm, Charisma Carpenter could play a lawyer in a series with Lake Bell. And Alicia Silverstone could guest star as CC's high school nemesis who ends up dating Denny Craine. It's never been done!
Hey there, if you go only by what's been shown on US television screens to date, parts of it really have never been done.

Tact is just not saying true stuff. I'll pass.
Platypus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2004, 03:40 PM   #12
rousedower
cancelled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penny Century
It got renewed, barely, but it seems to be developing a following, which indicates that its ratings may improve with a good promotional campaign and old-fashioned word of mouth. The critics love it. And it is very, very, very funny.

CC would be great as a Token Sane Person who has to try to make sense of the Bluths from whatever angle and for whatever reason. She makes an exemplary audience surrogate in anything she does. I'd love to see that.
You know, I was thinking that CC would've been perfect as the Bluth daughter (I can't remember her name right now). But at any rate, yes. I would like to see her on 'Arrested Development'. That show seems right up her alley.
Stake Darla #13
Greenie Groupie #13
rousedower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2004, 07:00 AM   #13
Andromeda7_4

I know she's said that she wants to do a sitcom rather than another drama because a drama is so time-consuming.

I'm not really familiar with the amount of filming involved; but wouldn't an ensemble role in a series like Fleet Street or E.R. be even less involving than a sitcom?
Andromeda7_4 is offline   Reply With Quote